• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She wasn't joking. She insisted. And she never apologized after the fact. That's not Ailes' style.
How can discussing the race of a fictional being be anything other than a joke?
Why is Santa white? Cuz he's white. No apology needed for this.

But why isn't he black? Well, sometimes he is!
images

You can make him whatever color you want,
even ditching the red & obesity themes...
main-qimg-0f4a8f6aa53f7327fb4c4a76f82e4f86

People seem to have a superhuman ability to miss the joke when
they sense an opportunity to express (feign?) outrage at a foe.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
How can discussing the race of a fictional being be anything other than a joke?
Why is Santa white? Cuz he's white. No apology needed for this.

But why isn't he black? Well, sometimes he is!
images

You can make him whatever color you want,
even ditching the red & obesity themes...
main-qimg-0f4a8f6aa53f7327fb4c4a76f82e4f86

People seem to have a superhuman ability to miss the joke when
they sense an opportunity to express (feign?) outrage at a foe.
I love how you defend Kelly. Me thinks you didn't actually hear word for word what she said.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I love how you defend Kelly. Me thinks you didn't actually hear word for word what she said.

Conservatives are typically strong, fiercely independent folk who think for themselves and will die to defend their right to stand out from the herd --- right up until FOX News tells them to think Kelly's comments were a joke, then they all think alike. Takes about five minutes before they fall in line.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Conservatives are typically strong, fiercely independent folk who think for themselves and will die to defend their right to stand out from the herd --- right up until FOX News tells them to think Kelly's comments were a joke, then they all think alike. Takes about five minutes before they fall in line.
It seems that many commies & conservatives alike are so wedded to their
perspective that they'll forever be at odds. One side will have white Santas
on their lawn, & the other will fume about it (cuz Jon Stewart said to)
while listening to this guy on NPR....
Alec Baldwin ? Homophobic Rant #73 | Celebrity Videos | TMZ.com

Hey, I'm listening to Alec right now (FM 91.7 - WUOM)!
He's interviewing Fred (Portlandia) Armisen.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I heard it.
Some see bigotry, but I see whimsy.
Perhaps we disagree about Alec Baldwin's intent too, eh?

But regarding the Romney black grandkid flap on MSNBC,
I bet we both agree that it was an attempt at good clean (but not PC) fun.
(But of course, many rush in to be offended.)

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
She wasn't joking. She insisted.

Yeah..you're correct.. She also insisted Yeshua was white. If she was "joking"....I'm still waiting on the punch line.

Santa is tradiitionally depicted as white. Some information around the folklore says otherwise. It really doesn't matter since it's folklore.

Personally I think the biblical Yeshua is like the Santa folklore to a degree.

Given the biblical Yeshua's ethnicity, family lineage and geographical location (according to their bible)... it's without a doubt he was a man of color and not white.

So Kelly's remarks were hardly a joke.

Fox News host Megyn Kelly says Jesus and Santa are white
“When I saw this headline, I kinda laughed and I said, ‘Oh, this is ridiculous. Yet another person claiming it's racist to have a white Santa.’ And by the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is maybe just arguing that we should also have a black Santa. But, you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids.”
Wait for it....wait for it.......:spit:

“Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change. You know, I mean, Jesus was a white man, too,” Kelly said “He was a historical figure; that's a verifiable fact — as is Santa, I want you kids watching to know that — but my point is: How do you revise it, in the middle of the legacy of the story, and change Santa from white to black?”
Wait for it...wait for it.......:biglaugh:

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
John Stewart does a fine job as usual demolishing what Kelly said.

[youtube]6I-9vllc5SY[/youtube]

And his response to her 'joke' defense.

[youtube]0pmBUeHhB3Y[/youtube]

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC?

What the hell does white Jesus, Megan Kelly, FOX news or black Santa have to do with what DEMOCRATS SAY?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
CAN WE GET BACK ON TOPIC?

What the hell does white Jesus, Megan Kelly, FOX news or black Santa have to do with what DEMOCRATS SAY?

Well, apparently it has to do with Democrats saying (rightfully so) that Megan Kelly, and Fox News in general, engages in a lot of hypocrisy, backtracking, and ridiculous rationalizations when it comes to silly arguments they put forth. Although, to be fair, recognizing and pointing out Fox's ridiculousness isn't limited to Democrats, as I know people of all political persuasions who have no problem spotting it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, they are all Democrats, here saying the damnedest things about white Santas, Republicans, conservatives & Fox News.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Rev introduced the white santa joke in post #174. I just pointed out that Kelly was lying as usual
Well you should know, your the FOX news watcher among us. Myself, I'm not even going to listen to someone so stupid to think Jesus was white. As far as Santa, he is ficticious so he can be any color really. I like black santas.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well you should know, your the FOX news watcher among us. Myself, I'm not even going to listen to someone so stupid to think Jesus was white. As far as Santa, he is ficticious so he can be any color really. I like black santas.
Exactly! Santa can be any color the culture wants him to be depending if they celebrate christmas. Like the recent Santas at LA (liberal heaven) malls that are black and brown and white. But to insist (kids) that he's just white, is wrong. If it was a 'joke' then these kids must be shocked now to find out she was just playing around and he can be all colors. But you don't hear that.
I don't watch fox on my DTV set because I feel ashamed to give them another statistic towards their ratings. They know what they are doing. We've discussed this in depth.
I give fox (news) 5 years or less before they vanish. Murdoch is in some real hot water, and it's lingering in America.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All this stuff aside, this is Rev Rick's thread.
It's about damnedest things Democrats say.
Let's all agree that Santa is not real, that
Fox is biased, & not go off topic too long.

If we may presume PETA members are Dems (rather than Pubs),
& that bikinis made of lettuce are speech, then we have.....
PETA’s Lettuce-Wearing Ladies To Brave Cold Temps « CBS Minnesota

Go free speech!
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I give fox (news) 5 years or less before they vanish. Murdoch is in some real hot water, and it's lingering in America.

I'm not so sure. FOX might be with us for quite a while. Wasn't it P. T. Barnum who said, "No one has ever lost money under-estimating the intelligence of the American people?"

esmith

Veteran Member
I'm not so sure. FOX might be with us for quite a while. Wasn't it P. T. Barnum who said, "No one has ever lost money under-estimating the intelligence of the American people?"

Yeah, the liberal progressives really understand that. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah, the liberal progressives really understand that. :D
I've been watching MSNBC regularly...to keep an eye on them, you know. They've been losing market share, & decided to reinvent themselves as the "New MSNBC". I can't tell what the difference is, except that Al Sharpton is fulminating against non-Democrats more than before. But they still have some of the "damnedest" things to say.

Oh, if I'm to be accused of parroting any talking head, it should be Al.

Last edited: