• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I've been watching MSNBC regularly...to keep an eye on them, you know. They've been losing market share, & decided to reinvent themselves as the "New MSNBC". I can't tell what the difference is, except that Al Sharpton is fulminating against non-Democrats more than before. But they still have some of the "damnedest" things to say.

Oh, if I'm to be accused of parroting any talking head, it should be Al.

Are you serious? You really think MSNBC is Progressive? I mean, do you?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
MSNBC has a track record of dumping any real Progressives that somehow manage to find their way onto the channel. That's corporate media for ya: Just a tame facade at best. I like Rachel Maddow, but I've laughed out loud at times to see her sometimes shy away from espousing a genuinely Progressive view.

Anyone who's generally interested in Progressive views -- interested for whatever reason -- could do worse than to read a bit of Chris Hedges.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you serious? You really think MSNBC is Progressive? I mean, do you?
I didn't & don't use the term "progressive" to describe MSNBC (not a definition I want to argue).
(It was part of esmith's description, but I presumed he was referring to their ilk.)
We Libertarians are the real progressives....or we're the real reprobates. I forget which.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I've been watching MSNBC regularly...to keep an eye on them, you know. They've been losing market share, & decided to reinvent themselves as the "New MSNBC". I can't tell what the difference is, except that Al Sharpton is fulminating against non-Democrats more than before. But they still have some of the "damnedest" things to say.

Oh, if I'm to be accused of parroting any talking head, it should be Al.

Isn't that MSNBC.com instead of the TV programming that is the "new MSNBC"...? That's what I gathered from their commercials.......

Anyway....I don't watch Al. He and Chris Matthews seems to slobber when talking.....I tend to just go online and get news from various sources.

Alceste

Vagabond
MSNBC has a track record of dumping any real Progressives that somehow manage to find their way onto the channel. That's corporate media for ya: Just a tame facade at best. I like Rachel Maddow, but I've laughed out loud at times to see her sometimes shy away from espousing a genuinely Progressive view.

Anyone who's generally interested in Progressive views -- interested for whatever reason -- could do worse than to read a bit of Chris Hedges.

Or subscribe to Harper's Magazine. I freaking love that thing. I had a subscription for a while that I let lapse, but they never revoked my account for access to the same material online. (Although I did then forget the password and the email address I used to sign up, and the address I used to get it delivered to).

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
This is a follow up to an earlier "damnedest things" post.
Melissa-Harris Perry Cries During On-Air Apology to Romney Family | NewsBusters
I thought her apology was striking & wonderful.

But Alec Baldwin then showed what a class act he is...
Alec Baldwin Subtweets MSNBC And Melissa Harris-Perry, Wondering If Crying Would Have Helped Him » The Right Scoop -

I don't watch her show...but I appreciate it when they apologize or make corrections to things they got wrong.

Hey..didn't they let Alec Baldwin go?...I don't know.......I thought he was OK on 30 Rock but when I heard he was getting his own talk show...I was not amused. If he's been let go then good for MSNBC....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't watch her show...but I appreciate it when they apologize or make corrections to things they got wrong.
I didn't even know she existed until this flap. But she shows how that when one ***ks up, the best approach is to fully own it. No excuses. If Bill Clinton had understood this, I bet he could'a swept the whole Lewinsky scandal away in a month.

Hey..didn't they let Alec Baldwin go?...I don't know.......I thought he was OK on 30 Rock but when I heard he was getting his own talk show...I was not amused. If he's been let go then good for MSNBC....
I thought he was great on 30 Rock & in Team America World Police, but a disaster in private life. The way he treated his daughter was incredibly cruel. So he's off MSNBC, & now on NPR.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I find comparisons between MSNBC and Fox News to be rather misleading. For one things, Fox News has over three times the viewership of MSNBC. For another thing, Fox's repeated, lame insistence of its "fair and balance" nature, in the face of its increasing bias and agenda-driven messages, makes it a dangerous influence (characterized by its obvious dishonesty and hypocrisy in its pursuit of demonizing anything that doesn't meet its definition of conservative), particularly considering its unhealthy level of influence over its core, fanatical audience. MSNBC could never be able to exert such unquestioned and impassioned influence over so many people.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have seen it several times on some news reports that those who get most of their news from Fox actually know less real news than those who don't use that as their main source, and this was supposedly confirmed in three separate studies. However, I never actually checked those studies out, so I'm not presenting the above as some sort of slam-dunk fact. Maybe someone here has?

Whether it's true or not, the one thing that I find totally bogus about Fox is that they interweave opinion in with their news coverage. To me, if it's news commentary, such as what Fox has in their evening time slots, that's fine and dandy, but it shouldn't be in their basic news earlier in the day.

I think a great example of how far Fox is off-base occurred with their coverage of the last election whereas they were literally shocked when Obama won, even though there was some rather clear-cut indications that this would likely be the case. They say Hannity's audience dropped by roughly half because he was so insistent that Romney was going to win hands down. The morning after the election, I watched about a half-hour of the morning show on Fox, and their depression was like they had just lost all of their best friends.

If Fox is supposedly such a good news source, how could they have been so off on their predictions? I would suggest that it's probably "confirmation bias", namely that they believe in their own opinions to the point of delusion.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I didn't even know she existed until this flap. But she shows how that when one ***ks up, the best approach is to fully own it. No excuses.

I know of her and have seen bits and pieces of her show while channel surfing. I think she's on, on Sat and Sun for a couple hours. I thinks she teaches at a university... Yeah, I'm glad she owned up to it......If only we can't that motley crew over a Fox to do the same thing.....

I thought he was great on 30 Rock & in Team America World Police, but a disaster in private life. The way he treated his daughter was incredibly cruel. So he's off MSNBC, & now on NPR.

Oh well....Yeah, I just don't have much of an opinion of him other than his acting career. I don't know much about his private life other than he has a couple brothers....and I don't listen to talk radio...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
MSNBC Apologizes for Controversial Tweet About Conservatives and Cheerios - TVNewser
MSNBC’s official Twitter account deleted a tweet last night that suggested conservatives wouldn’t like a new Cheerios commercial featuring an interracial family set to air during the Super Bowl.
“Maybe the rightwing will hate it, but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family,” read the tweet, which linked to an MSNBC.com story on the new ad.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have no clue as to what Alex Baldwin and Cheerios have to do with the topic?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So what? The Republicans had Trump.
If you look at the title of this thread, you'll see that I complied by supplying some "damnedest things" said by Dems.
Perhaps you belong in the corresponding thread about loopy things Republicans have said.
There's certainly plenty of ammunition to fuel that thread.
But to come here & object to the very premise of the thread makes no sense.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So what? The Republicans had Trump.
Perhaps instead of pointing the finger at Republicans you dislike,
why not read the thread's title....& find some things Demcrats have said?
There's also another thread where you may post things Republicans say.