• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
His rant against his own daughter is what really creeps me out the most.
Unrelated grown-ups can take such abuse better than one's own kid.

I think I'd already nearly gone numb after his tirade to his daughter. It takes a special kind of douchebaggery to do what he did.

As stated in the TMZ clip, though, Baldwin can still do his appearances on SNL, the Capitol One commercials, and 30 Rock roles. And he's continuously forgiven for his homophobic rants. A Republican making these comments would be front and center in the national media and would be shamed for making them. (rightfully so, btw)

So, yeah...ugh.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I think I'd already nearly gone numb after his tirade to his daughter. It takes a special kind of douchebaggery to do what he did.

As stated in the TMZ clip, though, Baldwin can still do his appearances on SNL, the Capitol One commercials, and 30 Rock roles. And he's continuously forgiven for his homophobic rants. A Republican making these comments would be front and center in the national media and would be shamed for making them. (rightfully so, btw)

So, yeah...ugh.

^This. Case in point: Phil Robertson.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'll bet that the signers of this petition are Democrats.
(Perhaps it belongs in the thread, "Democrats Sign The Damnedest Things", eh.)
» Students Sign Petition To Have Gun Owners Executed In Concentration Camps Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Political prankster Mark Dice has once again documented how many young Americans are completely disconnected from reality, capturing California college students signing a fake petition to imprison all legal gun owners in concentration camps and even to have them executed. “We just want to make sure we disarm the citizens. We can trust the government to be the only ones with guns.” Dice said to students on campus in San Diego, while they unquestioningly signed the petition to “repeal the Second Amendment.”
“These peasants don’t need guns,” Dice stated, adding “We want to put all registered gun owners in prison,” prompting one student to replay “Yes, it’s too dangerous.” for people to own guns.
“It’s just a simple repeal of the Second Amendment and we’ll be terminating and executing all of the gun owners.” Dice told another signatory who replied “OK, thank you.” and walked off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
President Obama "quipped" today during a visit to Monticello with the French president, "That's the good thing about being president, I can do whatever I want."
Of course, there are those who would object.

Daemon Sophic

And the context was...

The context was that he was being shown about the grounds, and that he wanted to see a portion of the gardens, even though it wasn't on the official schedule. So he was commenting about his ability to slightly alter the prearraigned itinerary. :rolleyes:

At 4:45 POTUS and president Hollande walked out from a portico and strolled in Front of your pool with Leslie Bowman, president of the Monticello Foundation. Looking at a terrace she said that Jefferson loved to admire the landscape from there. POTUS said that he'd like to take a look and seemed delighted to "break the protocol".
"That's the good thing as a President, I can do whatever I want" he quipped, walking to the terrace with his guest and Ms. Bowman. Pool now in the mansion as the leaders will come and visit Jefferson's study.

This belongs in the "Stupid things Republicans say" thread. :facepalm:

Daemon Sophic

With criticism of over-reaching executive orders, it's an impolitic thing to say.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: The Party of No has been spewing vitriol and exponentially high record numbers of filibusters since even before the man became president the first time the people gave him his office. In that time he has (to a very severe fault) continuously reached across the aisle instead of slapping down those pugs like he should have been doing for years. Now he says he just might start using executive orders, and it is "impolitic" to make a little quip about viewing a flower garden? :eek: :eek:
And all of this is in the setting of the president with the lowest number of executive orders issued in over a century? :yes:

Wow. Just....wow.
Yeah, that darn liberal media keeps messing with the people's minds alright. :facepalm:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: The Party of No has been spewing vitriol and exponentially high record numbers of filibusters since even before the man became president the first time the people gave him his office. In that time he has (to a very severe fault) continuously reached across the aisle instead of slapping down those pugs like he should have been doing for years. Now he says he just might start using executive orders, and it is "impolitic" to make a little quip about viewing a flower garden? :eek: :eek:
And all of this is in the setting of the president with the lowest number of executive orders issued in over a century? :yes:

Wow. Just....wow.
Yeah, that darn liberal media keeps messing with the people's minds alright. :facepalm:
It's nice that you defend Obama by pointing out flaws you see in Republicans.
But this thread is about "damnedest" things said by Dems.
That Obama failed to understand how his locally innocent remark plays in the larger political context is quite odd.
Posting little laughing emoticons doesn't change this.
Of course, to his fans, he can do no wrong.

Note: The number of executive orders is a red herring in which Dem apologists find refuge.
The real issue is the nature of the orders given.

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

I'm all for pointing and laughing at stupid and damnable comments from Obama or any Dem. Its just that it should be worthy of damnation :shrug: not some twisted, out of context, picked cherry like bootygate....:sarcastic
Obama-Checking-Out-Girls-Butt.jpg

P.S. No Obama "fan" here. :no: He's far too considerate of the neocons, and he hasn't taken enough bold actions, to date, to force through the progressive agenda, which the great majority voted for.

P.P.S. But I like the little emoticons.:danana::biglaugh:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In that time he has (to a very severe fault) continuously reached across the aisle instead of slapping down those pugs like he should have been doing for years.
I thought you were talking about Obama? Continuously reached across the aisle? That is extremely funny. :D

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This was a pretty funny one showing that you can be a creationist idiot and a Democrat as well (its just less common)

"You don't need to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate"

-Mark Pryor

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The context was that he was being shown about the grounds, and that he wanted to see a portion of the gardens, even though it wasn't on the official schedule. So he was commenting about his ability to slightly alter the prearraigned itinerary. :rolleyes:

This belongs in the "Stupid things Republicans say" thread. :facepalm:

I just hadda feeling there was more to the story, so thanks. It's just so typical for some to twist & turn facts into fairy tales.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just hadda feeling there was more to the story, so thanks. It's just so typical for some to twist & turn facts into fairy tales.
It's impolite to refuse to face my point about the statement being in a larger context.
But then, being an Obamapoligist is a difficult position to be in.
(I think I know what's coming next.)