• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So, now you're giving me a lecture on what's "impolite"? Oh, that's just too precious.
It's one thing to disagree, which can be engaging, but to fail to even acknowledge another's
perspective while dissing a straw man is worse than a mere faux pas...it's uninteresting.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
With criticism of over-reaching executive orders, it's an impolitic thing to say.

Taking a joke out of context in order to further a political lie is an impolitic... oh wait, no that's exactly what people with political agendas do.

Alceste

Vagabond
Taking a joke out of context in order to further a political lie is an impolitic... oh wait, no that's exactly what people with political agendas do.

Yeah, the striking difference between this thread and the Republican thread is that the majority of comments here are jokes taken out of context, slips of the tongue, awkward turns of phrase or inconsequential mistakes taken out of context and twisted to sound more serious than they are. In the Republican thread, it's all completely serious statements that accurately reflect their actual beliefs and values.

Daemon Sophic

Yeah, the striking difference between this thread and the Republican thread is that the majority of comments here are jokes taken out of context, slips of the tongue, awkward turns of phrase or inconsequential mistakes taken out of context and twisted to sound more serious than they are. In the Republican thread, it's all completely serious statements that accurately reflect their actual beliefs and values.
Indeed. It is like trying to compare News Busters to Media Matters for America. :cover: Pretty much the same level of depth and fact-checking.

Just another false equivalency.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ray Nagin "I've been at peace with this for a long time. I'm good."
It seems that the jury didn't think he was so good.
Yahoo!
(No sentencing date has been set yet.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What's Up With Matt Drudge's Weird Tweet About Obamacare?
Jesse Lee, White House spokesman, holds forth on Matt Drudge's claim that he's already paid the Obamacare tax.
Flat lie, no fee for previous year. Scary how much influence he once had. RT @DRUDGE:
Just paid Obamacare penalty for not 'getting covered'
It seems that elite Democrats don't understand that some will pay 2015 taxes in the beginning of 2014.
What don't they know? That self-employed types pay estimated quarterly taxes in advance. It's amazing
that people in such high places know so little about the tax code they enforce upon the rest of us, eh.

Now, before Obamapologists yell "Fox lies! Breitbart lies!", note that my sources is Huff Po.
So use caution when reading them, lest they misinform (like Fox).

Last edited:

Daemon Sophic

What's Up With Matt Drudge's Weird Tweet About Obamacare?
Jesse Lee, White House spokesman, holds forth on Matt Drudge's claim that he's already paid the Obamacare tax.
It seems that elite Democrats don't understand that some will pay 2015 taxes in the beginning of 2014.
What don't they know? That self-employed types pay estimated quarterly taxes in advance. It's amazing
that people in such high places know so little about the tax code they enforce upon the rest of us, eh.

Now, before Obamapologists yell "Fox lies! Breitbart lies!", note that my sources is Huff Po.
So use caution when reading them, lest they misinform (like Fox).
Uh...:sarcastic...actually, they already took that into account. If you read the whole report you would see how they already discussed it.
But.....Drudge thought he is being all smarty-pants and lofty, so (as the Update at the end reveals), he tweets again to say how stupid those libs are that they didn't know about self-employed peeps paying taxes ahead of time.....which is still a head-scratcher, as he has estimated too far in advance, and Mr. anti-tax/anti-society has just given the US govt a free loan. :shrug: ....as they had already discussed in the article....prior to his self-important last tweet. :facepalm:

:rolleyes: It really is like electrocuting fish in a barrel. :yes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Huff Po's dealing with quarterly estimated payments was off the mark.
But the White House didn't address it at all.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Matt Drudge Is (Probably) Lying About Paying A Huge Obamacare 'Liberty Tax'
It seems conservative monolith Matt Drudge is taking some pride in paying the penalty for not purchasing insurance under Obamacare..........

There's just one problem: Americans don't pay a penalty for not having health insurance until they file their 2014 taxes -- in 2015. So either Drudge is lying or he paid a huge penalty a year earlier than he needed to.

As this helpful IRS explainer details, Americans who go without insurance in 2014 should "make an individual shared responsibility payment with your 2014 tax return filed in 2015."

"You will make the payment when you file your 2014 federal income tax return in 2015," it says. That's in part because the penalty is based on one's annual income.

Matt Drudge later tweeted
"Dazed team Obama media reporters think Opt-Out tax 'year away'? Not for small businesses that file Qtr estimates. We're there NOW, baby"

and TPM reports.....
If Drudge was referring to the employer mandate, it only applies to companies with more than 50 employees. They must cover a certain percentage of their employees or pay a penalty.

But companies with less than 100 employees are exempt from any penalty until 2016. Drudge has never revealed the full extent of his staff, but the Huffington Post characterized it as "small" in a 2012 article about two new hires.

Drudge has not responded to TPM's follow-up attempts for comment.

So in order to even take him serious, and I usually don't, we need to know how many people he employs to determine if his company will be assessed this tax. As far as his claim of paying taxes quarterly and being fined at this point...I'd say he's lying...unless he can show that the statement he made is factual. It's scary how much influence on the sheeple this guy has....

And more details can be found here that debunk his claim...Drudge now Double-Dawg-Debunked, still, on Obamacare

I suspect he has less than 50 employees to run that "aggregation website" (which is patterned after his father's website).....but we at least need to hear it from him as to how many people he employs.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
...I'd say he's lying...unless he can show that the statement he made is factual.
The above is my latest addition to damnedest things Democrats say.
When in doubt (which means you acknowledge he could be truthful & correct),
just say he's lying (which means you'll call someone a liar without evidence), eh?
Oh, you Obamapologists....always following Harry Reid's example.

How can you dis Breitbart & Drudge, & yet cite the Daily KOS as though it were
a reliable source? Geeze, the irony! They debunked nothing, but they sure can
write a feisty headline. At least now I know where you get yer news...KOS & MSNBC.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
When in doubt (which means you acknowledge he could be truthful & correct),
just say he's lying (which means you'll call someone a liar without evidence), eh?
Oh, you Obamapologists....always following Harry Reid's example.

Nice of you to cut out everything that exposes how untruthful he is. He's given us no reason to accept his assertions as fact. If he can show that he employs more than 50 people then his understanding of the penalty might be acceptable...but as it has been pointed out.....

Drudge now Double-Dawg-Debunked, still, on Obamacare
"That's perplexing," said Brian Haile, the senior vice president for health-care policy at Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, a tax-preparation company. The IRS has no mechanism in place yet to even accept individual mandate penalties and hasn't even published the tables taxpayers will use to work out how much they owe. Plus, any money sent in can't be earmarked especially for that, he explained. The IRS didn't respond to a request for additional information about collecting mandate penalties. Drudge didn't respond to an email asking him to elaborate on his tweet.

Which means he's either woefully ignorant of the law or simply lying when he said he ("Just paid the Obamacare penalty for not getting covered").....I suspect you believe him which is why you're cheering so hard for him....:rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
How can you dis Breitbart & Drudge, & yet cite the Daily KOS as though it were
a reliable source? Geeze, the irony! They debunked nothing, but they sure can
write a feisty headline. At least now I know where you get yer news...KOS & MSNBC.

Again with the MSNBC claim....We've had this discussion before. You may be getting me mixed up with others. I don't get my news from or post links to MSNBC. Why you keep saying this is where I get my news from is puzzling.....I dis Breitbart for good reason...We've had that discussion before as well...especially when you cited a story they ran on that was ("breaking news")...only to find out said story was completely false....

You can rag on dailykos all you like....what they did was cite Huff Po (just like what you did in a previous post), as well as citing the story in AP......

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice of you to cut out everything that exposes how untruthful he is. He's given us no reason to accept his assertions as fact. If he can show that he employs more than 50 people then his understanding of the penalty might be acceptable...but as it has been pointed out.....

Drudge now Double-Dawg-Debunked, still, on Obamacare

Which means he's either woefully ignorant of the law or simply lying when he said he ("Just paid the Obamacare penalty for not getting covered").....I suspect you believe him which is why you're cheering so hard for him....:rolleyes:
It's often hard to get people who are mere employees to understand how different it is when in business, even if one has no employees. (Employees have much of the complexities of taxation handled for them.) Lefties are so quick to call "liar" when they don't even understand how taxes work. They claim that right now, we're paying 2013 taxes, but those of us who pay estimated quarterly taxes are paying 2014 taxes. So if one expects to pay a penalty any time for 2014, it must be paid during 2014. So Drudge's claim is plausible. (My CPA calculates what I must pay based upon what the tax code appears to require, knowing full well that some things might change.) You gotta actually read more than KOS headlines, cuz just like right wing news sources, they too will paint a rather extreme partisan picture.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
So Drudge's claim is plausible. (My CPA calculates what I must pay based upon what the tax code appears to require, knowing full well that some things might change.) You gotta actually read more than KOS headlines, cuz just like right wing news sources, they too will paint a rather extreme partisan picture.

His first tweet seemed to suggest he was talking about the individual mandate but since he's a business owner filing taxes that's going to be a different scenario. If he's a business owner with less than 50 employees, which I suspect he is, then his rant is moot since he, filing taxes on his business which he is included, will be exempt.

Drudge gets no sympathy from me here considering it was his explicit and personal decision to forgo health insurance of any kind....He could very well get a policy without going onto the exchange but he has chosen not to get any coverage for himself. Since he's made the decision not to do it for himself he's made the decision not to provide it to his employees as well.....which means he has nothing to whine about. He is fully prepared to except the "penalty". Once again...this is assuming he has more than 50/100 employees....which I doubt.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Liar liar pants on fire! Poor drudge is just looking for attention with his initial tweet. He failed. This isn't over yet.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Liar liar pants on fire! Poor drudge is just looking for attention with his initial tweet. He failed. This isn't over yet.

The fact of the matter is "he chose" to forgo health insurance, whether it be through the exchange or going directly to a private company, now he's whining and playing victim for attention....

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Not only do businesses have to file quartly they have to pay estimated tax on money they have not even made yet.

Failure to estimate correctly can result in a penalty

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
His first tweet seemed to suggest he was talking about the individual mandate but since he's a business owner filing taxes that's going to be a different scenario. If he's a business owner with less than 50 employees, which I suspect he is, then his rant is moot since he, filing taxes on his business which he is included, will be exempt.

Drudge gets no sympathy from me here considering it was his explicit and personal decision to forgo health insurance of any kind....He could very well get a policy without going onto the exchange but he has chosen not to get any coverage for himself. Since he's made the decision not to do it for himself he's made the decision not to provide it to his employees as well.....which means he has nothing to whine about. He is fully prepared to except the "penalty". Once again...this is assuming he has more than 50/100 employees....which I doubt.
Weasel words like "seemed to suggest he was tallking about", & your expressing a
lack of sympathy just won't hold water. The White House guy stepped on his weenie.