• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

tytlyf

Not Religious
Weasel words like "seemed to suggest he was tallking about", & your expressing a
lack of sympathy just won't hold water. The White House guy stepped on his weenie.
Well, why is drudge being silent and not specifying whether he was talking about himself personally or his business? Case isn't closed yet.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well, why is drudge being silent and not specifying whether he was talking about himself personally or his business? Case isn't closed yet.
If the case isn't closed, then it's uncivil hubris to presume he's lying.
This thread is about damnedest things Democrats say, not about the
possibility that Drudge fibbed. Oh, you guys just cannot face bone
headedvthings that Dems say without flocking here to deflect from it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
IRS form (1040-ES) for estimating quarterly taxes specifically recommends adding the mandate penalty to line 12 for "other taxes" — to pay before the first quarterly deadline of April 15.
"It is true that thousands of small businesses will be forced to pay ObamaCare taxes quarterly in 2014," a Senate Budget Committee aide told Breitbart News on Friday afternoon.
Apparently, Obama's team (especially Tim Geithner) is largely unaware of how the IRS treats those of us in business.

Another Democrat holds forth....
....Washington Post's Greg Sargent blogging by midafternoon: "Matt Drudge proudly tells the world he paid the penalty for not having health coverage, which he has termed the 'liberty tax.' Which is odd, because no one has to pay the penalty until they file their 2014 tax returns in April 2015."

Well, Mr Sargent, many of us are paying our 2014 taxes already.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Weasel words like "seemed to suggest he was tallking about", & your expressing a
lack of sympathy just won't hold water.

What weasel word? He suggested (gave the impression) in his vague tweet he was talking about the individual mandate...It doesn't matter since we don't know how many people work for him. I suspect it's much ado about nothing if he has less than 50 employees which I suspect is the case.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What weasel word? He suggested (gave the impression) in his vague tweet he was talking about the individual mandate...It doesn't matter since we don't know how many people work for him. I suspect it's much ado about nothing if he has less than 50 employees which I suspect is the case.
He wouldn't need any employees to be in the position of paying 2014 Obamacare taxes in 2014.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's right. He could be one-man operation. (He could be a self employed carpenter or painter and be doing it.)
It's interesting that there is such a chasm between gov bureaucrats, their media apologists, & small business types.
That Tim Geithner wouldn't know he had to pay on 1099 income, or that the White House wouldn't know of
estimated quarterly payments is a scary thing.....those people make the rules for a game they don't even play!

4consideration

Premium Member
It's interesting that there is such a chasm between gov bureaucrats, their media apologists, & small business types.
That Tim Geithner wouldn't know he had to pay on 1099 income, or that the White House wouldn't know of
estimated quarterly payments is a scary thing.....those people make the rules for a game they don't even play!

The disconnect is amazing -- and frightening. To me, this and other matters feels like intentional sabotage of small, independent business, even if it's not intentional. I don't want to get myself all worked up on the subject -- so I'll just leave it at that.

edit: I didn't mean the particular statement by representatives, in the above. I meant that I'm feeling the sense of unfair taxation, and treatment, on the little guy in a strong way at this time.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
He wouldn't need any employees to be in the position of paying 2014 Obamacare taxes in 2014.
You've ignored all proof in this thread, thanks for deflecting as much as possible. Just accept the fact that Drudge is just another right wing hack looking to make money of the gullible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You've ignored all proof in this thread, thanks for deflecting as much as possible. Just accept the fact that Drudge is just another right wing hack looking to make money of the gullible.
No one's offered any proof the White House was right.
Moreover, I even posted proof (from the IRS) that we do pay 2014 taxes in 2014.
Come on....got more than mere gainsaying?

tytlyf

Not Religious
No one's offered any proof the White House was right.
Moreover, I even posted proof (from the IRS) that we do pay 2014 taxes in 2014.
Come on....got more than mere gainsaying?
You can ignore the facts about the ACA all you want. It's what the right wants you to do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You can ignore the facts about the ACA all you want. It's what the right wants you to do.
Secret "facts"?
Nothing has been presented yet to support the White House contention that Drudge lied.

This thread sure is a lightning rod for Obamapologists.
One post, & they all come'a run'n to dismiss, decry, deflect & derail.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
Secret "facts"?
Nothing has been presented yet to support the White House contention that Drudge lied.
I guess at this point it depends on drudge whether he wants to clear the air concerning his initial tweet. Won't happen and won't get an apology. The right machine doesn't work that way. His silence says everything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I guess at this point it depends on drudge whether he wants to clear the air concerning his initial tweet. Won't happen and won't get an apology. The right machine doesn't work that way. His silence says everything.
Your silence on this supposed 'evidence' says more.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Aren't we talking about drudge and his initial tweet which has yet to be explained? He said he paid a tax mandate and opted out of healthcare for life. Is he referring to himself or his business?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aren't we talking about drudge and his initial tweet which has yet to be explained? He said he paid a tax mandate and opted out of healthcare for life. Is he referring to himself or his business?
Asking questions for which I've no answers does not debunk his claim.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

It depends on how his business is registered. If he is a Sole Proprietor, partner in a partnership or and LLC I belive the ACA treats that as it treats any other "person". Even if that is the case we seem to be giving a lot of RF space to a person who has opted out of getting any health insurance...even simply going directly to a company and getting a policy.....he's opted out and now playing victim because of his personal decision to do so. He's simply seeking attention.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dang, you guys are like a dog with a bone.
The White House says something stupid, & you not only cannot accept that it is, but you go on the
counter-attack against the injured party. Are there no depths to which an Obamapologist will sink?
Could it be because Drudge has been on the forefront of keeping us informed of government excesses
on domestic spying, the burgeoning police state, government waste? We don't see your MNSBC, Daily
KOS, or Alternet rocking the statist boat.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Dang, you guys are like a dog with a bone.
The White House says something stupid, & you not only cannot accept that it is, but you go on the counter-attack against the injured party.

What injured party? He decided to forgo any and all health insurance and then had to factor in the "penalty" for not having health insurance....he gets on twitter and tweets that he had to pay...that's not an injured party..that's a self made victim .....:sad4: