• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I could say that obviously you wallow in the culture of blaming racism instead of taking responsibility
for personal shortcomings.

Yeah but you wouldn't be making any sense.

There are good reasons to for harsh criticism of Holder & Obama, just as there were for the preceding administration. Holder's talk is appropriate for mention in this thread.

Oh, I'm not saying there isn't but I felt as though his speech, when listened to in context, was correct because much of it was in reference to some of the things listed in my last post....and that's just one out of many states doing this.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, I'm not saying there isn't but I felt as though his speech, when listened to in context, was correct because much of it was in reference to some of the things listed in my last post....and that's just one out of many states doing this.
You're just not making any sense.

Hmmmm...that sounds oddly familiar.
Anyway, do you just patrol this thread to defend every Democratic bimbo who makes
some verbal faux pas? Are things so dull over at the "Things Republicans Say" thread?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Anyway, do you just patrol this thread to defend every Democratic bimbo who makes
some verbal faux pas?

If it were a fax pas I would ignore it like a few others you and others have posted. This one wasn't giving the event and the context of his speech and the court cases dealing with voting rights....

Are things so dull over at the "Things Republicans Say" thread?

Heck no. There's more material than I have time to sit and post....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If it were a fax pas I would ignore it like a few others you and others have posted. This one wasn't giving the event and the context of his speech and the court cases dealing with voting rights....
Methinks yer in denial.
But were I an Obamapologist, I'd be wrestling with cognitive dissonance too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Context is king....considering he was on topic....but I get it..(Eric Holder bad...grrrrrr!)
Perhaps it's beyond the capability of Obama's true believers to see him & his minions playing of the race card, eh?
To automatically presume that white folk criticizing a black prez or AG is due to racism is just lame.
It's as credible (& backward) as those who say Obama is exacting revenge on white folk.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Obviously you're not an African American and has never experienced racism the way many of us have. Racism is live and well in this country. It is what it is. I don't see it dying anytime soon. Some in politics aren't outright with their bigotry and some are....Much of what is displayed is coded terminology (see Sarah Palin "shuck and jive" comment). Some of it is in the actions or policies put forth (see: Ohio voter suppression)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/30/us/new-gop-bid-to-limit-voting-in-swing-states.html?_r=0
Said trip was done by bus, two buses to be precise, which involved people getting on one bus and transferring to another bus. They still had to walk another half mile walk to get to the site where they would nesed to cast their vote and then they still had to turn around to make they journey back home. It wasn't like this before. There were more voting locations and because of past long lines they implemented more early voting and flexible voting hours. That administration has pretty much done away with that. I'm sure you can see that this disproportionately affects African Americans, hispanics and the elderly. That being said that's what Holder is fighting against...and that's what his speech was about. The racism and the bigotry is real...whether you want to admit it or agree with him or me.

Racism is much more alive and well than undoubtedly most Republicans would admit. A staunch Republican at another website told me that racism is pretty much gone in Tennessee where he lives, and a friend of mine who lives there just about died laughing when I told him that.

Even here in the "blue states" it's bad. We've lived in the same house for 41 years now, and there are three restaurants walking distance from our place that in all these years have never hired a single black person even though there's a sizeable minority of them here. My wife waitressed at one of them, and she said that if a black came in to apply, they would chuck the application in the garbage as soon as they left.

If you've ever had the "pleasure" of listening to Limbaugh, he's as racist as the day is long. So, why don't these Republicans turn on him and tell him to shut up? Well, I do believe we well know the answer to that question.

Most of my friends and close relatives are Republicans, and you might think I'm exaggerating, but every single one of them is racist. I know this because we do talk, and they pretty much admit it directly or indirectly, but if a stranger was talking with them, they'd not likely know it. And racism works both ways as there are some blacks that are just as racists as some whites, and I have run into that as well.

It's an unfortunate reality.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Perhaps it's beyond the capability of Obama's true believers to see him & his minions playing of the race card, eh?

That says it all right there...

See I don't have a problem with criticism when it's warranted but you're making it about race but that wasn't even the whole of the speech. Incidentally the meeting itself was focused on various causes important to African Americans. As I've indicated Holder's been dealing with various states and politicians actively seeking to suppress the vote of "minorities". This includes black, hispanics, the elderly and young voters.

To automatically presume that white folk criticizing a black prez or AG is due to racism is just lame.

I did no such thing. He didn't either. The presumption was yours. You're presuming that because he speaks to blacks on issues they're facing on a daily basis is somehow "playing the race card" means you don't have a clue what people are actually experiencing in their daily lives.

He spoke at a civil rights convention where race, the police state, equal justice under the law and other topics get discussed throughout the day. I'm making the assumption that these are important libertarian issues as well....so why is it when a black person in office speaks on race they're labeled as (playing the race card) or being divisive.....when what they're actually doing is making sure treatment of minorities is fair and just.

Is it playing the race card when it's pointed out that the majority of those in prison are blacks and hispanics due to a failed war on drugs? No because we actually have hard evidence that blacks are being targeted and imprisoned far beyond others convicted for the same crime.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Racism is much more alive and well than undoubtedly most Republicans would admit. A staunch Republican at another website told me that racism is pretty much gone in Tennessee where he lives, and a friend of mine who lives there just about died laughing when I told him that.

Even here in the "blue states" it's bad. We've lived in the same house for 41 years now, and there are three restaurants walking distance from our place that in all these years have never hired a single black person even though there's a sizeable minority of them here. My wife waitressed at one of them, and she said that if a black came in to apply, they would chuck the application in the garbage as soon as they left.

If you've ever had the "pleasure" of listening to Limbaugh, he's as racist as the day is long. So, why don't these Republicans turn on him and tell him to shut up? Well, I do believe we well know the answer to that question.

Most of my friends and close relatives are Republicans, and you might think I'm exaggerating, but every single one of them is racist. I know this because we do talk, and they pretty much admit it directly or indirectly, but if a stranger was talking with them, they'd not likely know it. And racism works both ways as there are some blacks that are just as racists as some whites, and I have run into that as well.

I agree. Racism does work both ways. This is what I've been getting at. I don't presume to think for one moment racism and bigotry is dead. When you become complacent and let your defenses down is when people get over on you and take your rights away. In many cases they're doing it with their policies. We have a thread dealing with the police state in the US. Do I think everyone out to stomp on our rights are racist...no....but I can't deny that some are and it shows in their actions.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

See I don't have a problem with criticism when it's warranted but you're making it about race but that wasn't even the whole of the speech. Incidentally the meeting itself was focused on various causes important to African Americans. As I've indicated Holder's been dealing with various states and politicians actively seeking to suppress the vote of "minorities". This includes black, hispanics, the elderly and young voters.

I did no such thing. He didn't either. The presumption was yours. You're presuming that because he speaks to blacks on issues they're facing on a daily basis is somehow "playing the race card" means you don't have a clue what people are actually experiencing in their daily lives.

He spoke at a civil rights convention where race, the police state, equal justice under the law and other topics get discussed throughout the day. I'm making the assumption that these are important libertarian issues as well....so why is it when a black person in office speaks on race they're labeled as (playing the race card) or being divisive.....when what they're actually doing is making sure treatment of minorities is fair and just.

Is it playing the race card when it's pointed out that the majority of those in prison are blacks and hispanics due to a failed war on drugs? No because we actually have hard evidence that blacks are being targeted and imprisoned far beyond others convicted for the same crime.

:clap Too bad I'm out of frubals.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just heard on MSNBC (regarding the Boston bombing anniversary).....
"...he lost hearing in one eye...."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

See I don't have a problem with criticism when it's warranted but you're making it about race but that wasn't even the whole of the speech.
This claim smells of straw....I never said the whole speech was about it.

I did no such thing.
I wasn't speaking solely of you. But you are quick to defend playing the race card.

He didn't either.
No, it's pretty clear that was the unspoken premise....clear to non-Obamapologists that is.

The presumption was yours. You're presuming that because he speaks to blacks....
Actually, I didn't know he was speaking to black folk. I presumed only a friendly audience, ie, fellow Democrats.
It seems the presumption problem is all thine, eh? Not all of us obsess over race.

....Is it playing the race card when it's pointed out that the majority of those in prison are blacks and hispanics due to a failed war on drugs?
Red herring (no cream sauce)....the portion of the speech I criticize is to blame Obama's
& his woes on racist white folk. And as you know, I oppose the war on drugs too.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Weird....most of the posters in this thread lately are Dem apologists.
You guyz sure are in defense mode these days!

esmith

Veteran Member
Maybe there are more issues that require additional spin.:D

images

esmith

Veteran Member
Maybe former mayor of New York should rethink his comment on God and heaven.

"I am telling you, if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in," he told reporter Jeremy Peters. "I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."

Michael Bloomberg: 'I Have Earned My Place in Heaven' - NationalJournal.com

Oh,just a question. Is Harry Reid going to go on the Senate floor and say that Bloomberg is "un-America" for using personal funds to advocate a political agenda like he did against the Koch brothers?
Z