• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Is the global flood also poetic/non-literal?
You know my view on that, don’t you? You should, you posted comments on that thread.

For those interested, here it is:
https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/flood-evidences-—-revised.223411/

And BTW, although it was global, it was a *controlled* Flood. That should really go without saying.

Hope you’ll have a good day.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
You know my view on that, don’t you? You should, you posted comments on that thread.

And BTW, although it was global, it was a *controlled* Flood. That should really go without saying.

So Noah walking with God was "poetic," but God cursing the world with a global flood 3 verses later wasn't? What parts of the story are literal and which aren't, and how do you know?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you judging me? Why would you try to claim someone is upset other than to try to assume your own righteousness?
Did I say I am upset? No. Do I look upset? No. Did I post an :angry: emoji? No.

I simply restated what I said, and asked you a few questions.
Why do you question me when you do not want me to question you? Don't these things tell you anything at all, for those many years I have tried.... well we, because it's not just me... to draw this to your attention?

If you want persons to answer your question, be fair, and respond to theirs. They are not strawman. They relate to the topic.

The OP asks if there is evidence for demons, and my post was very precise in addressing it, and I think followed logical reason.
I won't repeat it, but it gave persons the opportunity to present an argument against it.

I have not seen you do so. You just dismissed it entirely, and created your own arguments... well if one can call that an argument. They seemed more like complaints, and accusations... which, is what a strawman is.
So, evidently, you are the one creating a strawman, and ignoring what was said.
Moving passed all the nonsense above, You made an attempt to equate gravity, dark matter and energy and the distance to the sun to claims about demons by declaring all of the former as unevidenced. Basically, if they are unevidenced, then your unevidenced claims are true by default. The sad state is that your attempt, were it at all successful, wouldn't just make your unevidenced views somehow valid, but all unevidenced views. You don't even understand the scope of what you attempted.

First, they are not unevidenced. Throw a rock in the air and tell me there is no evidence for gravity. Honestly review the work on dark matter and come back with your claims of no evidence. Read how the distance between objects in space are measured and claim there is no evidence. Cherry picking three popular articles alleging controversy in science is not evidence that your ignorance is the default answer. They don't even reveal that much of a controversy either.

As to my point, what you have done says it all. You have not provided the physical evidence, logic and reason to show me that demons exist.

You can continue to persecute me for my Christianity to avoid the fact of your logical fallacies and failure to address my points, but the fact remains that in support of the existence of demons, You have done nothing.

Colt

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

If so what is the evidence?
No evidence no. In my theology they were simply rebel beings from the celestial world. They never could violate the sanctity of the human will. mainly they got into mentally ill people and flopped around causing fear! They were taken away to the lockup when Jesus was on earth.

But today who needs demons when humans behave so badly?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Moving passed all the nonsense above, You made an attempt to equate gravity, dark matter and energy and the distance to the sun to claims about demons by declaring all of the former as unevidenced. Basically, if they are unevidenced, then your unevidenced claims are true by default. The sad state is that your attempt, were it at all successful, wouldn't just make your unevidenced views somehow valid, but all unevidenced views. You don't even understand the scope of what you attempted.

First, they are not unevidenced. Throw a rock in the air and tell me there is no evidence for gravity. Honestly review the work on dark matter and come back with your claims of no evidence. Read how the distance between objects in space are measured and claim there is no evidence. Cherry picking three popular articles alleging controversy in science is not evidence that your ignorance is the default answer. They don't even reveal that much of a controversy either.
This is absolute rubbish. :angry: :D

First. If you go back and read what I actually wrote, you will see nowhere that I said there is no evidence for Gravity, Dark Matter, and Dark Energy... nor Magnetism. o_O

No PHYSICAL EVIDENCE does not translate to no evidence. :angry: :D I don't think there is anything wrong with your eyeballs. :angry: :D
Something else? Well...

As to my point, what you have done says it all. You have not provided the physical evidence, logic and reason to show me that demons exist.
This proves it's not your eyeballs, that's the problem, because you took the time to use the word physical.

You can continue to persecute me for my Christianity to avoid the fact of your logical fallacies and failure to address my points, but the fact remains that in support of the existence of demons, You have done nothing.
What Christianity? What persecution?

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member

Would you consider the oceans as "flooding"?

F1fan

Veteran Member
No evidence no. In my theology they were simply rebel beings from the celestial world. They never could violate the sanctity of the human will. mainly they got into mentally ill people and flopped around causing fear! They were taken away to the lockup when Jesus was on earth.

But today who needs demons when humans behave so badly?
Why rely on theology and not science? Does superstition really work for you in a reliable way to understand anything? If so, explain.

Colt

Why rely on theology and not science? Does superstition really work for you in a reliable way to understand anything? If so, explain.
Science and spirituality aren't the same thing.

Yes, for me God is a consistent source of strength and guidance.

"You cannot put spiritual joy under a microscope; you cannot weigh love in a balance; you cannot measure moral values; neither can you estimate the quality of spiritual worship." UB 1955

nPeace

Veteran Member

"You cannot put spiritual joy under a microscope; you cannot weigh love in a balance; you cannot measure moral values; neither can you estimate the quality of spiritual worship." UB 1955
Nice. Only, I would say you can observe the results of these. However, science could not determine the source by their methods, correct.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Religion and spirituality are not the same thing either.

As it is, there is a reason that religious concepts are not part of science, or even part of some spiritual practices. Religious concepts tend to be very old, and do not correlate to anything. We understand as being reality.
Do you ever wonder why atheists don’t need to rely on a God? What is going on with theists that they need to rely on what religions call God? Could it be that people around you behave this way and you simply adopted what they were doing? Choose to fit in the ranch at work.
Are you a Urantia book person? My sister was.

Colt

As it is, there is a reason that religious concepts are not part of science, or even part of some spiritual practices. Religious concepts tend to be very old, and do not correlate to anything. We understand as being reality.

Do you ever wonder why atheists don’t need to rely on a God? What is going on with theists that they need to rely on what religions call God? Could it be that people around you behave this way and you simply adopted what they were doing? Choose to fit in the ranch at work.

Atheist don't need God because they plan on dying.

We Never Know

No Slack

I don't view it as "rely". I view it as "hope".

Example.....

Bob prays to a god to heal his illness... He hopes a god will heal him.

Bill prays to a god to help him through a tough time... He hopes a god will help him through it.

Jane, on her death bed, prays to a god to accept her into heaven when she passes. She hopes a god will accept her into heaven.