• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Hope you don't mind me posting your photo here Melissa.

Melissa G from RF
35kiiid.jpg

Amazing shot

Evidence the creative artistic powers of God, which can be seen in all things, not just in touched up professional photos.

Remarkably similar to this model/photo
Bar_73.jpg

There's certain similarity, but her nose is not like mine lol.

FFH

Veteran Member
There's certain similarity, but her nose is not like mine lol.
I love both of those shots.

Both of you have perfect, very artistic faces, the kind of face that makes you stop and really take notice. I wouldn't change a thing about either one of your faces or photos.

Excellent job, thanks for letting me post your photo here, I thought you might object.

There's a wide range of beauty, found in the human face, yours is the type of face that has great depth to it. It draws you in and makes you want to know more about the person behind the face.

That shot of you is extremely professional, if you hadn't mentioned it was a photo of yourself, I would've assumed you had found it on the net. :)

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
It's not professonal, just compentant. There are many gifted amatuer phoographers. I don't mind, none of us are ever likely to meet.

Happy Easter,

Melissa G

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
They say, whoever they are, that everyone has a double in life. I don't buy that, but I do think for everyone who exists, someone, somewhere will resemble them. Not suprising as we are all related.

Happy Easter,

Melissa

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
A person's beuty that we perceive holds little weight that a god created it. As beutiful as a person appears to us visually means little. No offense Melissa because you, to me are very beutiful. The beuty that is most important, at least to me, is ones character. You can be pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside. You can tell this is sometimes the case in how some people treat each other.

" I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

- - Martin Luther King Jr.

FFH

Veteran Member
Did God Create This ??? (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

As of today there are 447 POSTS and 22,739 VIEWS, a ratio of 1 to 50.87, that's over 5 times higher than the average RF thread, which ususually has a ratio of 1 to 10, if it's a good thread.

Obviously people want to view something of beauty.

We already have enough ugliness in our lives. There's nothing wrong with admiring the beauty God has created in all things, which exists all around us, especially in the human form.

Whether we like it or not, beauty sells, because that's what we want to see; something of beauty.

Heaven's nothing but a place of beauty, who wouldn't want that.

Hell is nothing but a place of ugliness, who would want that.

Christ died so we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Good character and beauty can go hand in hand if you foster/develope it in everyone you meet, by accepting them where they're at and help build upon their strenghts, I've seen it happen time and time again with the employees I hire, they blossom and become self confident, sometimes they get a big head and they have to come back down to earth, but for the most part it's a positive thing and a step in the right direction.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

As of today there are 447 POSTS and 22,739 VIEWS

That's a ration of 1 to 50.87, which is over 5 times higher than an average RF thread, and over 3 times higher than my most viewed thread.

Obviously people want to view/see something beautiful.

We already have enough ugliness in all of our lives, there's nothing wrong with admiring the beauty that God has created all around us, especially in the human form.
That's beautiful!

Reactions: FFH

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

As of today there are 447 POSTS and 22,739 VIEWS, a ratio of 1 to 50.87, that's over 5 times higher than the average RF thread, which ususually has a ratio of 1 to 10, if it's a good thread.

Obviously people want to view something of beauty.

We already have enough ugliness in our lives. There's nothing wrong with admiring the beauty God has created in all things, which exists all around us, especially in the human form.

Whether we like it or not, beauty sells, because that's what we want to see; something of beauty.

Heaven's nothing but a place of beauty, who wouldn't want that.

Hell is nothing but a place of ugliness, who would want that.

Christ died so that we might have life and have it more abundantly.

This is all according to your god but what about the gods of others....do they not have a voice in this matter. You say your god created it but it could have very well been a god from another one of these religions that created beauty....

FFH

Veteran Member
This is all according to your god but what about the gods of others....do they not have a voice in this matter. You say your god created it but it could have very well been a god from another one of these religions that created beauty....
....and so continues the never ending religious debates, which rely heavily on evidences found in the physical world, all evidences of a divine creator.

Christ tells us in scripture, that he is the one responsible for it all. All that we see in this physical world, Christ created, under the direction of our Father.

Christ is our elder brother, who created all things, including our physical bodies.

"I formed thee in the womb" ~ Jesus Christ (author of all inspired scripture)

FFH

Veteran Member
DreGod brought up a good point, did the God of the BIble (Jesus Christ) create this, or is some other mythological God responsible ???

Again, Melissa, hope you don't mind if I use your photo as an illustration.
35kiiid.jpg

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
....and so continues the never ending religious debates, which rely heavily on evidences found in the physical world, all evidences of a divine creator.

Christ tells us in scripture, that he is the one responsible for it all. All that we see in this physical world, Christ created, under the direction of our Father.

Christ is our elder brother, who created all things, including our physical bodies.

"I formed thee in the womb" ~ Jesus Christ (author of all inspired scripture)

Again, this is (YOUR) scripture. Another theist's scripture says that his god(s) is (were) responsible fro this creation you speak of.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
DreGod brought up a good point, did the God of the BIble (Jesus Christ) create this, or is some other mythological God responsible ???

Again, Melissa, hope you don't mind if I use your photo as an illustration.

Also understand that what you call 'mythological" some one else may disagree.

FFH

Veteran Member
" I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

~ Martin Luther King Jr. ~

LIYA KEBEDE

"Already a fixture in American Vogue, Liya also had an entire issue dedicated to her by the magazine's French edition (she's only the third black model to appear on its cover). In April, she continued to break the color barrier by signing a multimillion-dollar contract with cosmetics giant Estee Lauder—it's the first time the company's signed such a deal with a black model in its 57-year history"

Link

FFH

Veteran Member
America's top (earning) models

Any Forbes readers out there? A few weeks ago, the magazine released a list of the world's highest-earning supermodels.

Giselle Bundchen, 26, led the pack, pulling in $33 million last year. Not bad, not bad.

The embattled Kate Moss came in second with a cool $9 mil to her name.

SELF cover star, the bubbly Heidi Klum, 34, placed third with a reported paycheck of $8 million.

And further down on the list, in the 11th position, is one of my favorites, Liya Kebede. Forbes has her down for $2.5 million, thanks in part, I'm sure, to her contract with Estée Lauder. (She was the first woman of color chosen to represent the brand.)

I interviewed Liya last year for a SELF Portrait. Here we are after the shoot.
0817liya.jpg

So, why is she one of my top models? Kebede, a mother of two, is a goodwill ambassador for the World Health Organization and founder of The Liya Kebede Foundation. Her mission with both groups is simple: "To reduce maternal, newborn and child mortality around the world." It's personal, too. Here's what she told me last year:

"When I first got pregnant, I freaked. I grew up in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and even in a city with hospitals, there was a big chance that a pregnant woman or her baby would die. So when I found out I was expecting at 22, I was worried. That was six years ago; we were in New York City, and my husband said, 'Nobody dies from childbirth here.' When the WHO asked me to be a goodwill ambassador and they said, 'Every minute, a woman [somewhere on the planet] dies from complications due to pregnancy,' I thought, I know this story."

Anyway, check out this amazing video she made during her travels around Africa. Then, if you're inspired, click here to help. —Erin Bried

August 17, 2007

America's top model

1219liya.jpg

Model Liya Kebede, sitting pretty at our December SELF Portrait shoot in New York City

Have you ever seen a supermodel in person? Because I hadn't. No run-ins with Christy or Cindy at the mall or grocery store. So I'm not sure I was entirely prepared to meet Liya Kebede, the supermodel who is the face of Estée Lauder and a goodwill ambassador for the World Health Organization, at our December SELF Portrait shoot. She walked in wearing a simply patterned short-sleeved dress and not one bit of makeup, having been up for most of the previous night because her daughter, Raee, was sick. And let me tell you, sleep or no sleep, she is freakishly beautiful. I'm talking Helen of Troy, so-stunning-it-doesn't-even-make-sense kind of beauty.

Seeing her pose in front of the camera was pretty fascinating. She was talking and laughing with the photographer, and yet she never lost her focus on the shoot. With each click of the camera she changed something about her face or body in the most imperceptible way, so that it looked entirely different from the previous shot. It was the fastest, easiest day ever.

The shoot took place in downtown Manhattan in an amazing studio. Most NYC studios are sort of blank canvases—bare walls, hardwood floors—so that they can be transformed into whatever creative backdrop is necessary for each shoot. But this place was a large, open room, fully furnished in an all-white beachy style. There were white couches, chairs and a bed with gauzy linens, plus starfish and shells everywhere. It felt lived in and familiar—as though it was a friend's beach house that you had been padding around in barefoot all summer. Out the windows you could see the Hudson River, so there were several odd moments when I would get a glimpse of the water and truly feel like I was in Nantucket or the Hamptons. Between that and hanging out with a supermodel, it was a pretty surreal afternoon. —Amy Gallo

December 19, 2006

Link

FFH

Veteran Member
Meisa Kuroki 黒木メイサ
This Japanese actress and model from Okinawa is of mixed American and Japanese parentage.

Japanese and American mixes are among the most beautiful I've ever seen. I lived in Japan for nearly two years and there are some stunningly beautiful Japanese, mix that up a bit and the results are always positive. I've worked with an Asian/American girl, she was so beautiful, she had customers staring at her most of the time. She didn't realize the beauty she possessed, she just thought they were staring at her because she was different. She was ever bit as beautiful as this girl, if not more beautiful.

God has created us all, we all possess some sort of beauty.

DSC_9850.JPG
Kuroki_Meisa-headshot.jpg
200px-Kuroki-Meisa.jpg

9928860964.jpg

703080948511470.jpg

koseesprique200603263gj.jpg
3.JPG
20071107134818_00001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.