• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFH

Veteran Member
Oh no Don, just the really really beautiful stuff. Us average looking people just cropped up out of nowhere and haven't been "touched" by god. :rolleyes:
God has created it all.

I'm simply choosing to focus on the beautiful things of this world, in this thread, as evidence of God's unlimited artistic abilities, for example, the many variations in the human form, in the earth, in the skies, and in the plants and in the animals.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
102706_fallcolors2.jpg

Tiberius

How can atheists believe this was just the result of some random set of events ???

This post was made almost a year ago, and I certainly hope FFH has learnt the mistake he made since then.

Evolution is not random.

See the problem?

You say that atheists must believe that she is the result of a random set of events, and yet evolution - the process by which most atheists would say she came about - is NOT random.

See the strawman?

Do you see your mistake, FFH?

God has created it all.

I'm simply choosing to focus on the beautiful things of this world, in this thread, as evidence of God's unlimited artistic abilities, for example, the many variations in the human form, in the earth, in the skies, and in the plants and in the animals.
That is not fair. That is like saying God is not proud of the things that are not *beautiful* If this God of yours is so great and perfect, everything he creates is beautiful.

FFH

Veteran Member
This post was made almost a year ago, and I certainly hope FFH has learnt the mistake he made since then.

Evolution is not random.

See the problem?

You say that atheists must believe that she is the result of a random set of events, and yet evolution - the process by which most atheists would say she came about - is NOT random.

See the strawman?

Do you see your mistake, FFH?
Okay, fair enough, but I cannot design myself, someone else had/has designed ME. I did not just come about by chance. I was not created by chance.

Someone designed my body. The characteristics that make me ME, were designed by God, not by chance.

Disorganized matter stays disorganized, it does not come together in an organized manner by itself.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
That is not fair. That is like saying God is not proud of the things that are not *beautiful* If this God of yours is so great and perfect, everything he creates is beautiful.
Ps. 139: 14
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Okay, fair enough, but I cannot design myself, someone else had/has designed ME. I did not just come about by chance. I was not created by chance.

Someone designed my body. The charachteristics that make me ME, were designed by God, not by chance.

Disorganized matter stays disorganized, it does not come together in an organized manner by itself.

Just how badly would your world come crashing down on you if you were to learn that this is completely wrong? That you weren't specifically "designed" by a god at all. That you were simply a random creation of your parents genes.

Evolution is fact. To debate that is to debate reality with your dreams. However, there is such a thing as theistic evolution. It is reasonable to believe that evolution is simply the tool that the Divine uses to accomplich its goals. Taken as that then one may believe that human beings are part of the Divine's plan. That doesn't mean that you were personally "sculpted" to look like you do though...but is that really that bad? Also, by accepting this line of thought it humbles you. Because if you can realize that evolution is how we got here then you can accept it is how we will become something else. We aren't done evolving. Who knows what we may be ancestor to millions of years from now?

FFH

Veteran Member
Just how badly would your world come crashing down on you if you were to learn that this is completely wrong? That you weren't specifically "designed" by a god at all. That you were simply a random creation of your parents genes.

Evolution is fact. To debate that is to debate reality with your dreams. However, there is such a thing as theistic evolution. It is reasonable to believe that evolution is simply the tool that the Divine uses to accomplich its goals. Taken as that then one may believe that human beings are part of the Divine's plan. That doesn't mean that you were personally "sculpted" to look like you do though...but is that really that bad? Also, by accepting this line of thought it humbles you. Because if you can realize that evolution is how we got here then you can accept it is how we will become something else. We aren't done evolving. Who knows what we may be ancestor to millions of years from now?
A theist that believes in evolution does not believe in inspired scriptures which say otherwise.

"I formed thee in the womb."

Isa. 44: 2, 24
2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

• • •
24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isa. 49: 5
And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

Jer. 1: 5
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Ne. 21: 5
And now, saith the Lord—that formed me from the womb that I should be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him—though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

Trey of Diamonds

Ok, I haven't read the entire thread but are you seriously stateing that your perception of beauty is proof of God's existence? What exactly does beauty, your perception or anothers, have to do with anything?

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH, how do you explain ugly people? Are they a result of the Fall?
We all have imperfect bodies, even the most beautiful person on earth does not have a perfected body. I've seen a demon and an angel, they both had perfect faces, not like we see on earth.

We will all obtain perfect bodies sooner or later, this is a free gift, because of Christ's sacrifice for us all.

Christ overcame death for us, which was a condition that obviously did not exist prior to the fall.

This life is not perfect, there is no perfection in this life, because of the fall.

FFH

Veteran Member
Ok, I haven't read the entire thread but are you seriously stateing that your perception of beauty is proof of God's existence? What exactly does beauty, your perception or anothers, have to do with anything?
Trying to point out good art, found in the human form, which God (Jesus Christ) has created, to prove there is a designer behind it.

If you want to focus on the ugly things God has created go right ahead and start another thread.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm so tired of this. This thought that god is responsible for everything and all this beauty stuff...well, if god is responsible for all the wonder of the world, does he take credit for this too?

hundreds-of-children-starving-in-niger.jpg

StarvingBiafranChildren.jpg

FFH

Veteran Member
God has created an opposition in all things.

Evil and Good
Hot and Cold
Pain and Pleasure
Ugliness and Beauty

Get over it, that's life, it's only temporary, not eternal.

God created it all for a divine purpose, which is to test our obedience to his principles.

2 Ne. 2: 11
For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my first-born in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

Isa. 45: 7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

Trying to point out good art, found in the human form, which God (Jesus Christ) has created, to prove there is a designer behind it.

To prove there is a designer behind it? So the fact that "good art" is found in the human form is proof that there is a God and he is a designer? Sorry but that's just not considered evidence by any stretch of the imagination. The fact that the beauty you observe in the world is spiritually inspiring to you is wonderful and I'm happy for you but I think the rest of us are looking for other answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.