• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
you did.
you asked if any one else claimed to be one with god...
did you not?
i then gave you a link showing the other messiahs.
what's the problem here?
There are lots of "non-messiahs" who claim to be "one with god" as well. This is a standard way that mystics express their direct and internal experience of the divine across cultures.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
doppelgänger;2600172 said:
There are lots of "non-messiahs" who claim to be "one with god" as well. This is a standard way that mystics express their direct and internal experience of the divine across cultures.
And anybody intimately familiar with the philosophy of mysticism will tell you that "I am one with God" does not mean the same thing as "I am God." Not at all.

waitasec

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;2600172 said:
i see what you mean. in this case however, the term "one with god" is used to confirm jesus as the messiah.

waitasec

Veteran Member
For the last time, I'll say we are discussing the bible here.
If you want, you could have a serious discussion about the bible.
Otherwise, this is useless, time waste and deserves no reply.

show me in the OP where it says we are discussing the bible and not overwhelming evidence

:beach:

Awoon

If God is determined to be a set of princples then whoever is doing those principles would be one with God or Godlike.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Maybe it is too difficult to understand:
Can anyone other than Jesus claim "I and the Father are one"?
Who else has ever claimed they are one with the Father?

1John 4:12-13
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

:rolleyes:

idav

Being
Premium Member
And who are you to judge me having a misconception without giving proof?
I'm using the bible stories which everyone including you have posted. The misconception was on the part of the pharisees and you happen to agree with their accusations. Jesus clearly did not agree with the accusations and always had something to say back to make the pharisees sound ignorant. Even when Jesus was in front of Pontius Pilate he didn't give a straight answer nor did he agree with the accusations.

Mark2020

1John 4:12-13
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
:rolleyes:
Can anyone see "I and the Father are one" in this verse?

herushura

How come?

The Torah or Isaiah does not Prophecies the Future, or, of any Future Messiah, The Central Character of Isaiah is CYRUS, for when you takes quotes from the Book of Isaiah, you are taking a Quote, that was Written for CYRUS and corrupting, so that its a Quote about Jesus.

Its Like taking a Quote out of harry Potter referring to Voldemort and making people believe its a Quote about Dark Lord Sauron(Lord of the Rings).

Last edited: