• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

herushura

First of all, I'd appreciate a little respect to other people's beliefs.
Second, we're discussing the Bible here. You're free to write whatever you want wherever, but I'm not discussing other topics here.

You saying Moses/Jesus is a Non-Biblical Topic

javajo

Acts 20:28 (KJV) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Here we see that GOD bought us with HIS OWN BLOOD. Jesus is God folks!

javajo

See, we (Christians) believe God was in the burning bush, we believe God bought us with his own blood. We deny the heresies that deny the deity of Christ, which crept into the early church and which Paul and John warned about. I believe you are so wrong and twist scripture so badly I am tired of conversing with you, and I don't much lately.

Shermana

Heretic
See, we (Christians) believe God was in the burning bush, we believe God bought us with his own blood. We deny the heresies that deny the deity of Christ, which crept into the early church and which Paul and John warned about. I believe you are so wrong and twist scripture so badly I am tired of conversing with you, and I don't much lately.

I appreciate your ad hominem, but the thing about Paul and John warning about people denying the DEITY of Christ is a completely unfounded lie. They warned about people who deny Yashua as Moshiach. In fact, the heresies they warned about (especially the "lawless" that Jesus warned about) were people like you, that's nice that you get tired of dealing with the facts that I present, but I think you're on the wrong forum if you don't want to actually debate. Telling me that I am wrong and that I twist scripture and that I'm a heretic is not a substitute for discussing the facts that I present, do you think I'm the first person to say such things? I appreciate the fact you think you're right and the facts don't matter or need to be debated, but you're in the wrong place for preaching. The word 'Own", as demonstrated, is used for family and kin. And the word "Tou" implies "of the" and is used to differentiate the "own".

Those who think the Messiah is something under than what the Messiah is supposed to be do not really accept Yashua as Messiah, even if they say they do.

There is no evidence the Early Church believed in the Deity of Christ until Tertullian, which is more of the "Late 2nd century" Church. The term "Early Church" really needs to be divide into ages because it gets flung around from anywhere between 30 to 300.

Last edited:

javajo

I appreciate your ad hominem, but the thing about Paul and John warning about people denying the DEITY of Christ is a completely unfounded lie. They warned about people who deny Yashua as Moshiach. In fact, the heresies they warned about (especially the "lawless" that Jesus warned about) were people like you, that's nice that you get tired of dealing with the facts that I present, but I think you're on the wrong forum if you don't want to actually debate. Telling me that I am wrong and that I twist scripture and that I'm a heretic is not a substitute for discussing the facts that I present, do you think I'm the first person to say such things? I appreciate the fact you think you're right and the facts don't matter or need to be debated, but you're in the wrong place for preaching. The word 'Own", as demonstrated, is used for family and kin. And the word "Tou" implies "of the" and is used to differentiate the "own".

Those who think the Messiah is something under than what the Messiah is supposed to be do not really accept Yashua as Messiah, even if they say they do.

There is no evidence the Early Church believed in the Deity of Christ until Tertullian, which is more of the "Late 2nd century" Church. The term "Early Church" really needs to be divide into ages because it gets flung around from anywhere between 30 to 300.
I totally disagree. The Bible supports the deity of Christ and the Holy Spirit. It wasn't until these beliefs were attacked that the doctrine had to be formed to protect against heretical groups, which, as I see, are alive and well today.

Mark2020

Acts 20:28 (KJV) Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

"Blood of his own", the "tou" often gets misinterpreted there.

Also, the word "own" is used for kin or family as such:

Good one javajo!

(Acts 20:28 [NIV]) Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

(Acts 20:28 [TR]) προσεχετε ουν εαυτοις και παντι τω ποιμνιω εν ω υμας το πνευμα το αγιον εθετο επισκοπους ποιμαινειν την εκκλησιαν του θεου ην περιεποιησατο δια του ιδιου αιματος
του ιδιου αιματος: literally means " his own blood"

(Acts 20:28 [coptic]) ⲙⲁϩⲑⲏⲧⲉⲛ `ⲉⲣⲱⲧⲉⲛ ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲓⲟϩⲓ ⲧⲏⲣϥ ⲉⲧⲁ ⲡⲓⲡ̅ⲛ̅ⲁ ⲉⲑⲟⲩⲁⲃ ⲭⲁ ⲑⲏⲛⲟⲩ `ⲛ`ⲉⲡⲓⲥⲕⲟⲡⲟⲥ `ⲛϧⲏⲧϥ `ⲉ`ⲁⲙⲟⲛⲓ `ⲛϯⲉⲕ`ⲕⲗⲏⲥⲓ`ⲁ `ⲛⲧⲉ ⲡ̅ϭ̅ⲥ ⲑⲏ ⲉⲧⲁϥ`ϫⲫⲟⲥ `ⲉⲃⲟⲗ ϩⲓⲧⲉⲛ ⲡⲉϥ`ⲥⲛⲟϥ `ⲙⲙⲓⲛ `ⲙⲙⲟϥ
'pef esnof emmin emmof' also means "his own blood".

(Acts 20:28 [Pe****ta]) ܐܙܕܗܪܘ ܗܟܝܠ ܒܢܦܫܟܘܢ ܘܒܟܠܗ ܡܪܥܝܬܐ ܗܝ ܕܐܩܝܡܟܘܢ ܒܗ ܪܘܚܐ ܕܩܘܕܫܐ ܐܦܤܩܘܦܐ ܕܬܪܥܘܢ ܠܥܕܬܗ ܕܐܠܗܐ ܗܝ ܕܩܢܗ ܒܕܡܗ ܀
ܒܕܡܗ : (with His blood) "from Paul Younan's interlinear"
Pe****ta's translation:
(Acts 20:28 [Etheridge]) Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to the whole flock over which the Spirit of Holiness hath constituted you the bishops; to pasture the church of the Meshiha which he hath purchased with his blood.

(Acts 20:28 [AraSVDV]) اِحْتَرِزُوا اِذًا لأَنْفُسِكُمْ وَلِجَمِيعِ الرَّعِيَّةِ الَّتِي أَقَامَكُمُ الرُّوحُ الْقُدُسُ فِيهَا أَسَاقِفَةً، لِتَرْعَوْا كَنِيسَةَ اللهِ الَّتِي اقْتَنَاهَا بِدَمِهِ.
بِدَمِهِ :"bedamehe" : "with his blood"

Even this:
(Acts 20:28 [WHNU]) προσεχετε εαυτοις και παντι τω ποιμνιω εν ω υμας το πνευμα το αγιον εθετο επισκοπους ποιμαινειν την εκκλησιαν του θεου ην περιεποιησατο δια του αιματος του ιδιου

The question is whether του ιδιου is adjective or possessive genitive.
Checking other similar locations:
(John 1:41 [WHNU]) ευρισκει ουτος πρωτον τον αδελφον τον ιδιον σιμωνα και λεγει αυτω ευρηκαμεν τον μεσσιαν ο εστιν μεθερμηνευομενον χριστος
"his own brother"
(John 5:43 [WHNU]) εγω εληλυθα εν τω ονοματι του πατρος μου και ου λαμβανετε με εαν αλλος ελθη εν τω ονοματι τω ιδιω εκεινον λημψεσθε
"his own name"
(Acts 1:25 [WHNU]) λαβειν τον τοπον της διακονιας ταυτης και αποστολης αφ ης παρεβη ιουδας πορευθηναι εις τον τοπον τον ιδιον
"his own place"

we can see that [article + noun1 + article + ἴδιος] always means "his own noun1", where [article + ἴδιος] always comes as an adjective and never as a possessive genitive.

So the meaning is "with his own blood. "

If he wanted to say "of his own son", it would have been easy to say "του ιδιου υιου"

It is worth mentioning that nowhere in the NT is "tou idiou" used as a substantive referring to Christ.

Last edited:

horizon_mj1

Yeah I guess your right, ownership is 9/10ths of the law or so they say. Still quite a vapid aspect IMO:angel2: