• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

idav

Being
Premium Member
If you want to say that I have a misconception, then you should show some proofs, otherwise your words are useless.
Don't pretend like you don't know the bible all of sudden and expect me to rehash 400 pages of this thread. Your agreeing with the pharisees that Jesus claimed to be God. My simple question is. Do you think Jesus agreed with them? To me it sounded like he was arguing with them.

herushura

That's a couple of hundreds of years off.
Anyway, if that's what you believe, there's really no point in continuing such a discussion.
I am only discussing what's written in the Bible here.

You Don't Understand, is that the BIBLE is not ONE BOOK, but a Collection of Books written around Different Times, and each book has a Different Story,

Mark2020

You Don't Understand, is that the BIBLE is not ONE BOOK, but a Collection of Books written around Different Times, and each book has a Different Story,
Thanks for the tip :)
They were also written during a time span of about 1500 years.

But it is all God's words:
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
and
2 Peter 1:21
for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

herushura

Thanks for the tip :)
They were also written during a time span of about 1500 years.

But it is all God's words:
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
and
2 Peter 1:21
for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

All Scripture is inspired by God

In That Sense, The Egyptian Scriptures named "Book of the Dead" is also Inspired by God

Awoon

You are wrong. I AM is the English translation of one of the names of God. It is equivalent to YHWH or Yahweh.

"The divine name ehyeh is believed by most scholars to be the first person sinugular of the Hebrew verb "to be" (hayah). The verb implies the present and future. The translation of the divine name ehyeh as "I AM" is disputed by Hebrew grammarians."

The Mysteries of Creation by Rocco Errico p.p. 61

herushura

I am that I am = Ehyeh asher Ehyeh = Ego Emi Ho On
Jesus said both "Ego Emi" and "Ho On" both in the absolute sense (which only applies to Him)

God Appeared from a FIRE Proclaiming I AM looks very Egyptian to, Specially Since Moses was in Egypt at the Time.

Burning Bush
In Chapter XLIII of the book of the dead reads;l the deceased says: "I am Fire, the son of Fire, to whom was given his head after it had been cut off. The head of Osiris was not taken away from him, let not the head of Osiris Ani (the deceased) be taken away from him