• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Your interpretation is useless...
I am asking about the specific words not for someone's interpretation.

Then once again you failed at understanding "context". This has been a common theme with you throughout this thread.

1John 4:12-13 correlates, in context, to what the biblical Yeshua said in prayer to his god. Word meanings tell us a lot but if you don't understand the context in which they are used then your interpretation can be useless.

1John 412-13
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwells in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

John 17:21-23
"that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one. "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

One in purpose but not one in the same. Shucks, 17:21-23, your Yeshua, is saying straight plainly he doesn't consider himself to be "God"....not in the flesh or any other combination trinitarians try to impose.:rolleyes:

waitasec

Veteran Member
ah
Now what happened to your tiny word?
You can browse the thread if you want.

that they all may be one as you, father, are in me

jesus never said i am god...he never said i came here as god to save you
he claims he was sent...

i agree with penguin
it is one in a purpose (a delusional one no less) but not one entity.
and of course there are those who over look the context of what teeny tiny words mean, reconcile this notion by moving goal posts and rely on the trinity as a disclaimer...
:ignore:

waitasec

Veteran Member
i never understood why jesus prayed to god if he was god

"Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.."

strange.

look3467

Premium Member

"Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.."

strange.

I have no problem believing that? Why is it?

Jesus is my God, the resurrected Jesus. I know God as Jesus, for He revealed the Father to me.

I would have known nothing about the Father were it not for Him.

When my time is up here, I shall see Jesus as God because that is the only name under heaven (Earth time) in which and by which I was saved from the penalty of eternal separation. (None existence)

Any thing or any body other than Jesus is your god. For there can be but ONE God only.

Blessings, AJ

InChrist

Free4ever

strange.

How is it that you say you were raised in a Christian home and church, yet you never had it explained that the Son was praying to the Father?

waitasec

Veteran Member
How is it that you say you were raised in a Christian home and church, yet you never had it explained that the Son was praying to the Father?
the explanation didn't explain a thing...i was indoctrinated at a young age but thankfully i still possessed a slither of critical thinking
it was a question i never found an answer to and i chose to ignore it for years nevertheless it still kept gnawing at me until poof! just like that, a revelation
jesus isn't who he claimed to be..or more likely, jesus isn't who todays interpretation of the bible claims him to be.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I have no problem believing that? Why is it?

Jesus is my God, the resurrected Jesus. I know God as Jesus, for He revealed the Father to me.

I would have known nothing about the Father were it not for Him.
care to elaborate?

When my time is up here, I shall see Jesus as God because that is the only name under heaven (Earth time) in which and by which I was saved from the penalty of eternal separation. (None existence)

Any thing or any body other than Jesus is your god. For there can be but ONE God only.

Blessings, AJ

i don't know what this means...but good for you
just don't judge other people according to your personal judgement calls you made for YOU.