• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Greatest I am

Were the violent wicked people of Noah's day following the Golden Rule?
Rather their violence and wickedness were a threat to all.

The wicked will again come to destruction. (Psalm 92:7; 37:38; Prov 2:21,22)
This time by the words from Jesus mouth. (Isaiah 11:4; Revelation 19:11,15)

We are about through because of your B S.

Were the animals of that day also evil or were they killed just for sport?

I wonder about people like you who applaud the genocide of men and look forward to God returning again to slaughter more of us.
Nothing like following an alien God while He kills humans.

Regards
DL

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Greatest-

If the people surrounding you and your loved ones were so violent that your life and welfare were in danger wouldn't you want help?
Noah and his family were in grave danger and if God had not intervened all righteous people would have been wiped off the face of the earth.
Those violent people would not have only harmed the upright they even harmed each other.
Just because we do not know details about the animals does not mean there was no reason. Perhaps spreading disease could have been a factor.

Only goat-like people will be executed by the words from Jesus mouth.
(Matt chap 25; Isaiah 11:4; Rev 19:11,15) That means they have the same inclination of the goat-like people of Noah's day whose thoughts of their hearts were evil all of the time.
Genesis 6:5B.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I would say yes.
Knowledge of good and evil tell us what we are doing. Conscience I think acts the same way so they may be the same.
That or our moral sense triggers conscience.

Still pushing your chimera God I see.
I guess a hybrid God is better than a full one.

Regards
DL

Conscience is a kind of a self-awareness, internal judge with the inner capacity to look at choices and reflect on action already taken or evaluate action to be taken as right or not right.

Our conscience has limitations. Like a compass if the needle is wrongly influenced it does not point in the right direction. That can happen to our conscience if our surroundings distort our moral sense. That is why people often use a compass along with a map to guide them. A reliable map does not change as a guide. Some people give a lot of attention to the personal desires of their heart paying no attention to what is really right or wrong. Thus a hardened conscience can instead of 'accusing' something as wrong it will not work right and 'excuse' the wrongdoing.
(Romans 2:15)

The Sermon on the Mount highlights the principle of the the Golden Rule and when our conscience is educated or trained by godly principles and standards then our conscience can trigger one's good moral sense and can be truly useful to us. We know from birth that a child's leanings will be toward imperfection. As the twig is bent so the tree does grow. Without being taught what is right and why it is right that 'twig' would have no reason to obey anything but its own selfish longings. That is why we see the selfish distorted form of love as described by the attitudes and actions of people of 2nd Timothy (3:1-5,13) instead of the godly love of 1st Corinthians (13:4-6). So, although endowed with a conscience people influenced by bad associations can ignore moral sense and the conscience to the point of doing terrible things. Galatians (5:19-26). Who'd want the conscience or moral sense of a serial killer?

Greatest I am

Conscience is a kind of a self-awareness, internal judge with the inner capacity to look at choices and reflect on action already taken or evaluate action to be taken as right or not right.

Our conscience has limitations. Like a compass if the needle is wrongly influenced it does not point in the right direction. That can happen to our conscience if our surroundings distort our moral sense. That is why people often use a compass along with a map to guide them. A reliable map does not change as a guide. Some people give a lot of attention to the personal desires of their heart paying no attention to what is really right or wrong. Thus a hardened conscience can instead of 'accusing' something as wrong it will not work right and 'excuse' the wrongdoing.
(Romans 2:15)

The Sermon on the Mount highlights the principle of the the Golden Rule and when our conscience is educated or trained by godly principles and standards then our conscience can trigger one's good moral sense and can be truly useful to us. We know from birth that a child's leanings will be toward imperfection. As the twig is bent so the tree does grow. Without being taught what is right and why it is right that 'twig' would have no reason to obey anything but its own selfish longings. That is why we see the selfish distorted form of love as described by the attitudes and actions of people of 2nd Timothy (3:1-5,13) instead of the godly love of 1st Corinthians (13:4-6). So, although endowed with a conscience people influenced by bad associations can ignore moral sense and the conscience to the point of doing terrible things. Galatians (5:19-26). Who'd want the conscience or moral sense of a serial killer?

If God did not want that nature here then He would not have created it.
If you do not recognize the value of evil and sin then ask your God to explain it to you. I do recognize why God created these and thank His for it as I thank Him for all of His gifts.

You will do likewise when you understand the value of sin and evil.
You will never understand much if you continue to read scripture literally.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Mark 10 v 18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone.

Jesus is not the *edit* son of God.
God does not breed with other species or another man's woman. That is bestiality.
God does not create hybrid or chimera Gods.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
None of it is evidence of divinity. You cannot contain the ocean in a teacup, and God the Creator cannot be contained within all of Hisx Creation, much less the body of ONE human being.

The fact that Jesus was born of woman means He cannot have been God.

"The Father which sent me. . ." is just one more of dozens of opportunities Jesus took to keep Himself separate from God in the minds of His followers. At opportunity after opportunity Jesus calls Himself the Son of Man, not the Son of God.

My wife and I are one according to the Old Testament, that does not make my wife me, or me, my wife.

Jesus and God were one in purpose, one in Revelation (Jesus the mouthpiece, God Revealed Himself with). It can mean everything but "one and the same".

You prove your own assumption in your own lights and expect it to convince others? That's called "begging the question" or "Circular argument". It's not proof in any rational sense.

Regards.

Scott

Maybe you should rethink this. If Jesus was not God and just a really spiritual man that leaves us with a major problem. If Jesus did not die on the cross for our sins then how can we be saved? Because the only way to remove sin is to shed blood and what a better perfect sacrifice then God himself who is perfect in every way and can't sin?

syberpriend

Maybe you should rethink this. If Jesus was not God and just a really spiritual man that leaves us with a major problem. If Jesus did not die on the cross for our sins then how can we be saved? Because the only way to remove sin is to shed blood and what a better perfect sacrifice then God himself who is perfect in every way and can't sin?

Who said Jesus left us with a problem? he gave solution and laws directed by God, and if u follow them, ur problems are solved, Jesus never died on cross, neither ddid he ever said in Bible, that I will die for sin of mankind or anything, can u show any verse???
He forbid and break the law of blood-shed sacrifice, and Jews didnt ask for his sacrifice even, they wanted to crucify him cause of blasphemy. God died, wat sick concept u r talking, where did Jesus ever said he is God, and worship him?? read John 17:3.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Who said Jesus left us with a problem? he gave solution and laws directed by God, and if u follow them, ur problems are solved, Jesus never died on cross, neither ddid he ever said in Bible, that I will die for sin of mankind or anything, can u show any verse???
He forbid and break the law of blood-shed sacrifice, and Jews didnt ask for his sacrifice even, they wanted to crucify him cause of blasphemy. God died, wat sick concept u r talking, where did Jesus ever said he is God, and worship him?? read John 17:3.

OKay The Book of Isaiah Chapter fifty Three read the whole chapter its a prediction of the coming Messiah Jesus Christ.
Luke 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful man and be crucified and the the third day rise again.
John 14: 16-20
Now onto the oneness of God. God is a spirt you can't see him but you certantily feel him. As you know because of Adam and Eve mistake that we all now have to die because of sin. But God had a plan all the long that he would come down his spirit wrapped in flesh and die for our sins for we don't have to sacifrice animals anymore.
Jesus says that he is God in
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 14:8-13 Philip saith unto him, Lord shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet has thou not known me Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the father and how sayest thou the, shew us the father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the father that dwelleth in me he doeth the works.Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake. Verily verily I say unto you he that believeth on me the works that I do shall be also: and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my father. And whatsoever ye shhall ask in my name that will I do that the father may beglorified in the son.
God wrapped himself in fleshed came down to earth resisted every sin, went to calvary was tortured for our sake then died on the cross to cover our transgressing with his perfect blood, it was not God his spirit dying, but just the flesh robe he had on dying.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

bull....

Nowhere in the 4 gospels does the biblical Yeshua implicitly or explicitly say he is God nor was it something he taught his followers. Jews do not teach or believe anyone dies for another's sins. They required animal sacrifice but no human blood shed. If God, from what we know of God in the bible, does not have to shed his own blood (Does God have blood?)...to forgive his creation of their sins. He can do it without the theatrics....at least this is how the bible describes your god. Additionally...your bible says no sin of a parent is inherited by the children or vice versa. but all will be judge accordingly to their own sins....at least this is basically what your bible says...

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
OKay The Book of Isaiah Chapter fifty Three read the whole chapter its a prediction of the coming Messiah Jesus Christ.

We hear this all the time but any real and careful study of Isaiah will tell you it has nothing to do with the biblical Yeshua.

John 10:30
John 14:8-13

No he doesn't....You've been misinformed.

God wrapped himself in fleshed came down to earth resisted every sin, went to calvary was tortured for our sake then died on the cross to cover our transgressing with his perfect blood, it was not God his spirit dying, but just the flesh robe he had on dying.

No he didn't......:sarcastic....There is no verse in the 4 gospels that express this.

Last edited:

lynx3007

missionary
Luke 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful man and be crucified and the the third day rise again.
Now onto the oneness of God. God is a spirt you can't see him but you certantily feel him. As you know because of Adam and Eve mistake that we all now have to die because of sin. But God had a plan all the long that he would come down his spirit wrapped in flesh and die for our sins for we don't have to sacifrice animals anymore.
John 14:8-13 Philip saith unto him, Lord shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet has thou not known me Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the father and how sayest thou the, shew us the father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the father that dwelleth in me he doeth the works.Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake. Verily verily I say unto you he that believeth on me the works that I do shall be also: and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my father. And whatsoever ye shhall ask in my name that will I do that the father may beglorified in the son.

Why would God go to all that trouble??? And don't you understand the law of redemption??? God's verdict on those who committed sin is that the one who sinned will be the one punished... certainly God would not contradict His own law. So how can mankind be redeemed when everyone else committed sin??? The answer is Jesus. If you understand the plan of salvation of God, you would not utter such ignorant opinions.:eek:

Also i will say again that faith is the only thing we can use to know God and his plan for the world... Why did i said this? Because the knowledge of this world alone cannot be used to understand God. Even if we study until our brains blow to bits, we will not achieve a thing about God:

1Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to announce the gospel, not in wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ be made of no effect.
1Cor 1:18 For the Word of the cross is foolishness to those being lost, but to us being saved, it is the power of God.
1Cor 1:19 For it has been written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the understanding ones." Isa. 29:14
1Cor 1:20 Where is the wise? Where the scribe? Where the lawyer of this world? Did God not make the wisdom of this world foolish?
1Cor 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom did not know God, God was pleased through the foolishness of preaching to save the ones believing.
1Cor 1:22 And since Jews ask for a sign, and Greeks seek wisdom,
1Cor 1:23 we, on the other hand, preach Christ crucified (truly an offense to Jews, and foolishness to Greeks),
1Cor 1:24 but to the called out ones, both to Jews and to Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God;
1Cor 1:25 because the foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and the weak thing of God is stronger than men.
1Cor 1:26 For you see your calling, brothers, that there are not many wise according to flesh, nor many powerful, not many wellborn.
1Cor 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world that the wise might be put to shame, and God chose the weak things of the world so that He might put to shame the strong things.
1Cor 1:28 And God chose the low-born of the world, and the despised, and the things that are not, so that He might bring to nothing the things that are,
1Cor 1:29 so that no flesh might glory in His presence.
1Cor 1:30 But of Him, you are in Christ Jesus, who was made to us wisdom from God, both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

Only through FAITH:

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the essence of things being hoped, the evidence of things not having been seen.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His name,

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Isn't the above being 'seen' by the 'works'? Jesus kept stressing belief by seeing (observing) works, and his works would be carried out to a greater degree in that the theme of Jesus teaching that the Good News of God's Kingdom would be proclaimed world wide before the end of all badness comes on earth. - Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20.

Why stop short at John 14:13? If one continues to read in the 14th chapter of John down to verse 28 Jesus says that his Father (God) is greater than him.

In what way are Jesus and his Father one? Praying to God (John 17:11,21,23) Jesus asked that his followers be one as he and his Father are one.
Jesus was not asking that they all be God, but they could all be one in purpose, one in unity, one in goal, one in belief, one in objective, etc.

After Jesus was resurrected by God, and appeared in front of God (Hebrews 9:24), and God gives or grants to Jesus to have life in himself (immorality) (John 5:26), then the heavenly Jesus says at Revelation (3:14b) that he was the beginning or start of the creation by God. In verse 12 doesn't Jesus still address his God as "my God" and there are two (2) thrones mentioned at verse 21.

Psalm (90:2) says God is from everlasting. God then was before the beginning. Rev. 3:14 does not say Jesus was before the beginning.
At Rev. (2:18) the resurrected Jesus still calls himself the Son of God.

Colossians (1:15,16) calls Jesus as the 'firstborn' in the heavens.
Also that Jesus is the 'image' of God. Eph 3:9.; 1Cor 8:6.

arimoff

the only way to be saved is to change your self, to be saved by sacrificing another human being sounds barbaric witch is far from realizing that to be saved you have to act human.

If each one of us acts a bit more fare towards each other our society as a result will become much better place to live in, so there won't be a need for G-D to save us.

Rather maybe you should rethink, doing what is not right what G-D asks of you not to do, and then have G-D sacrifice Him self as an atonement is trying to get away from responsibility.

Somewhere along the line Christianity (and Islam) did not get G-D's message in the Torah, the message is, a good and healthy society is the reward for acting like a human being, and if we don't act that way the society becomes more dangerous but it is the way we build it, that is our punishment.

the message was given there is no reason to send sons and daughters with second and third messages. It is up to us to live up to it.

arimoff

Why would God go to all that trouble??? And don't you understand the law of redemption??? God's verdict on those who committed sin is that the one who sinned will be the one punished... certainly God would not contradict His own law. So how can mankind be redeemed when everyone else committed sin??? The answer is Jesus. If you understand the plan of salvation of God, you would not utter such ignorant opinions.:eek:

Also i will say again that faith is the only thing we can use to know God and his plan for the world... Why did i said this? Because the knowledge of this world alone cannot be used to understand God. Even if we study until our brains blow to bits, we will not achieve a thing about God:

Only through FAITH:

Faith only is not enough, Believe in G-D doesn't go through your hart, it supposed to go through your head.

syberpriend

Brother, for Jesus coming again, We also agree that he will come again, befre the end of world, as he was raisedd alive, andd that coming would be for a purpose.
These verses were not said by Jesus, n this verse was at the time when Mary went to Tomb to look for Jesus, and she was told |"Y look the liveing among the deads" Luke 24:5, means Jesus was not dead. He was alive, as he promised in the miracle of Jonah.

Who said cause of th adam and eveeir sin we will suffer? it means its contradicting with this Bible verse Ezekiel 18:20 "The person who sins will die. A son will not be punished for his father's sins, and a father will not be punished for his son's sins. The righteousness of the righteous person will be his own, and the wickedness of the wicked person will be his own" so y we shall bear and be sinful for adam and eve sin? U didnyt showed me where Jesus said in his words that he will die for mankind sin.

Jesus says that he is God in John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
This means he and father(God) are one in purpose, not in person, can't u understand simple english brother here?

Its true, to see father, thhey have to believe Jesus , cause the teachings of Jesus is from the God, who sent him, clearly Jesus is saying he is sent by God, as a man, a prophet, its so simple, y u r taking different strange meanings out of nowhere.

This is what im asking, show me exact verse of Jesus, where he said he is God, worship him, andd that he will die for mankind sin. show me direct from Jesus brother, these verses u showed is clearly showing he is man sent by God as prophet to teach Israelis and correct them for their wrong doings.

Greatest I am

If God cannot sin, then why did He repent in Noah's day?

If you think that blood is the only way then your God is some barbaric S O B.

Further, that view would annul this one.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

To think that we must take an immoral position of riding a scapegoat Jesus into heaven is just to silly to contemplate especially when Bible God Himself rejected that notion. --Why have you forsaken me--Because it is immoral to accept the death of an innocent man as any kind of justice.

You would not be silly enough to teach your children to hide behind a scapegoat at school, so why would you think that that is what God would teach you.

Regards
DL