• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Really folks...cause and effect...once again.
There are stars over head...an Earth beneath my feet.
It all came from the singularity.
God did it.

Why on Earth do you keep repeating this as if it's true!? Explain the cause of photons then! Can't explain the cause of photons? Then stop shouting "cause and effect" from the rooftops!

Standup Philosopher

Stand Up Philosopher
The existence or non-existence of a Supreme Being cannot be proven by our little methods of proof. We choose what we believe for many reasons, some more rational, some emotional/intuitive.

I choose to believe; you may choose not to. It is the same with other things we believe-we choose.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Photons came from the singularity.
God did it.

You keep repeating this "All matter comes from the singularity" crap again as if it answers the question.

If so, what property of matter is a photon? Solid, liquid, or gas?

Edit: I'd like you, for once, to attempt to answer these questions honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

freethinker44

The existence or non-existence of a Supreme Being cannot be proven by our little methods of proof. We choose what we believe for many reasons, some more rational, some emotional/intuitive.

I choose to believe; you may choose not to. It is the same with other things we believe-we choose.

Truth isn't an opinion. You can't choose for something to be true. If it exists it can be known, nothing is above being subjected to proof.

Archer

You keep repeating this "All matter comes from the singularity" crap again as if it answers the question.

If so, what property of matter is a photon? Solid, liquid, or gas?

Edit: I'd like you, for once, to attempt to answer these questions honestly.

I think a photon would fall closest to NONE OF THESE. There is a 4th state of matter. I would call it more of a particle in flux (plasma).

Last edited:

GiantHouseKey

Well I was thinking of the properties or lack thereof. The problem with the plasma idea is there is no super heating:(

The problem with giving assigning it any state of matter is that a photon isn't actually matter at all. I'm a sure a particle physicist could tell you more about it (as I am not one).

If you had to assign properties it's more like a bosonic gas than anything, but that's not REALLY true either.

GhK.

freethinker44

And photons are somehow a pivotal point that will disprove God?

I actually agree on this. Thinking about it, I don't know that many atheists who base all of their beliefs soley on science. I think for many, their belief system is philosophical in nature and only supported by science but they would believe the same with or without science. For me, I was an atheist before I learned about the big bang or evolutionand especially before I learned relativity and some quantum mechanics. I assume the same would go for religious people, I'm guessing the latest scientific breakthrough wouldn't affent your beliefs any more than it would mine.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How strange...we have reached a pivot point of agreement.

I believed in God before all of those encyclopedias I read.
I believed in God before all of the schooling and sermons, etc.etc.etc.

I would continue to believe, without them.
All that learning was used to support the direction I took at a very early age.

Beaudreaux

I just joined this forum and as is known we are not to argue or debate about God. I have had some very painful and expensive revelations. I think this will be my last post to this thread as I am in tooooooo much pain to mess with the will of god. Good luck all.

Oh, the bad luck was simple surgery to clear a blood clot in my rectum that that mysteriously appeared the morning after I made my first post to this thread (thought it was a hemorrhoid).
After being told no lifting or working out and to take it easy for a week I had a flat on the way home.

I believe 100% as there are no coincidences.

Let me get this straight...you think that God was displeased with your activity on an Internet message board that he "gave" you a rectal blood clot and a flat tire, is that right? Are you sure that maybe someone wasn't stuffing cherry jujubees up a voodoo doll and pins into a voodoo matchbox car?

Listen, I'm sincerely sorry that you're having health problems. I think my record of being against human suffering is clear. But you believe that GOD did this to you because he didn't like what you were doing on the Intnernet? What kind of messed up God is that?

Archer

Let me get this straight...you think that God was displeased with your activity on an Internet message board that he "gave" you a rectal blood clot and a flat tire, is that right? Are you sure that maybe someone wasn't stuffing cherry jujubees up a voodoo doll and pins into a voodoo matchbox car?

Listen, I'm sincerely sorry that you're having health problems. I think my record of being against human suffering is clear. But you believe that GOD did this to you because he didn't like what you were doing on the Intnernet? What kind of messed up God is that?

And got home yesterday after a week in the hospital due to the infection I got from the simple surgery? Wanna see bill's and dates? It sucks.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious

Clearly an Orwellian God.

emiliano

Chaplet of Divine Mercy [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In the Old Covenant, I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy." (1588)[/FONT]
Chaplet of Divine Mercy