• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

freethinker44

Chaplet of Divine Mercy [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In the Old Covenant, I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy." (1588)[/FONT]
Chaplet of Divine Mercy

I guess I was wrong then, undeniable proof right there just don't know how I missed that.

Thats sarcasm by the way.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Chaplet of Divine Mercy [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In the Old Covenant, I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy." (1588)[/FONT]
Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Dude...

The shameless propaganda thread is like two to the left....

Beaudreaux

And got home yesterday after a week in the hospital due to the infection I got from the simple surgery? Wanna see bill's and dates? It sucks.
I am sympathetic. I had hernia surgery a while back and recovering from something as simple as that was painful. What I'm questioning is whether or not it makes sense that God did this to you. It seems like you are saying that, because of your participation on this message board, God gave you illness and misfortune. Am I right? Is that what you believe?

Beaudreaux

Chaplet of Divine Mercy
So, it sounds like you think God gave our friend archer a rectal blood clot, am I right? In your words, please. Quotations are good, but I'd like to read what you think. :)

Archer

What I am saying is redirection, a nudge if you will. Sometimes we lose focus on God in his defense and it can become about us and our pride. God does not need our defense and I guess that is what Paul was saying.

freethinker44

What I am saying is redirection, a nudge if you will. Sometimes we lose focus on God in his defense and it can become about us and our pride. God does not need our defense and I guess that is what Paul was saying.

Seems like wasted energy if god doesn't exist.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So, it sounds like you think God gave our friend archer a rectal blood clot, am I right? In your words, please. Quotations are good, but I'd like to read what you think. :)
Let us go with the assumption that God was directly responsible for Archer's rectal blood clot...

Now the question is:
WHY did God give the rectal blood clot to Archer?

Archer

Seems like wasted energy if god doesn't exist.

Let us go with the assumption that God was directly responsible for Archer's rectal blood clot...

Now the question is:
WHY did God give the rectal blood clot to Archer?

Because Archer lacked focus, it became about me and not about the reason we are here. I am a fighter and at times the focus becomes the debate for the sake of debating and the purpose of said debate is lost in the argument.

I ask you, if I present text other that what is in the Bible, am I not attempting userp the Bible and it's divine authority? Sometimes I get carried away.

freethinker44

I ask you, if I present text other that what is in the Bible, am I not attempting userp the Bible and it's divine authority? Sometimes I get carried away.

Depends, you could argue that god put the non biblical evidene their for you to find. Or you could argue that all evidence is evidence of gods authority and the bible is merely just another piece in that evidence.

Archer

I will agree to a point, but as you can see from some of my posts I tend to lose focus and thereby destroying my witness. I know there are many who do not believe and that does not make those who do not believe bad people, but I tend to become aggressive in my approach and that is wrong.

As Christ, the Christian is to present, not convince and coerce.

freethinker44

I just do this for fun, it's like playing chess or something to me. In reality there is nothing anyone can say to change my mind. Its just fun to debate things like that.

Archer

I just do this for fun, it's like playing chess or something to me. In reality there is nothing anyone can say to change my mind. Its just fun to debate things like that.

Actually the protagonist can help affirm faith:) as there are many who truly do not believe, but claim to. Debates such as this can affirm faith for some, help others find faith and help those that pretend, find their way.

freethinker44

Right but its fun for me. If I help someone think a little deeper than they normally would have than all the better. Belief in god isn't wrong, it's just not right.

emiliano

Well this is just to reaffirms in us believers that God offer us His Grace which is an unmerited favor and that includes the gift of Faith that is what allows us to believe, to know spiritual things. This addresses the TAG thingy of the OP we know that God exist because we have received Grace from God, salvation Grace that is. We cannot and should not expect that the reprobate would understand as He lacks the gift. Now the massage also addresses the chosen people that by virtue of the covenant that they made were at time severely corrected "In the Old Covenant, I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people.” You don’t get any of this. Right? What God gave Archer was the gift of faith, and showed mercy and stood by his side in his trail. Archer received the offer and now he knows that God is his helper.

emiliano

Right but its fun for me. If I help someone think a little deeper than they normally would have than all the better. Belief in god isn't wrong, it's just not right.

What is wrong is to believe that we can bring people to Salvation, that we have a mission to bring the reprobates to the Savior, if God does not draws them to Him is because they are to remain in that state, once we know this we won’t suffer, our job is to answer and give reasons to those that ask us as to why we believe. God may have another time for them or simple they are not His people and never will be in His kingdom.

The Neo Nerd

What's wrong with?

Well let's start with the sheer arrogance that your invisible friend is more right than other peoples invisible friend. And the sheer arrogance that anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you is at best crazy at worst destined for eternal punishment. All because your god doesnt want to give us the 'GIFT'.

Then let's discuss that no one for 2000 years has seen this invisible friend, and the only record of this invisible friend is a religious text, written by religious people, with religious agendas.

If a child has an invisible friend the parents will think he/she will grow out of it. Then if they don't they send him/her to a psychiatrist. But if a religious person says they have an invisible friend it's all of a sudden believed.

Reprobates? PFFF if your god wanted us to believe in him then he would come down and introduce himself. He is after all ALL POWERFUL shouldnt be a problem.

I think i speak for all the people who dont believe the same as you (and im talking about other christians as well) when i say 'take your pathetic little religion somewhere where its wanted'

-Q

emiliano

What's wrong with?

Well let's start with the sheer arrogance that your invisible friend is more right than other peoples invisible friend. And the sheer arrogance that anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you is at best crazy at worst destined for eternal punishment. All because your god doesnt want to give us the 'GIFT'.

Then let's discuss that no one for 2000 years has seen this invisible friend, and the only record of this invisible friend is a religious text, written by religious people, with religious agendas.

If a child has an invisible friend the parents will think he/she will grow out of it. Then if they don't they send him/her to a psychiatrist. But if a religious person says they have an invisible friend it's all of a sudden believed.

Reprobates? PFFF if your god wanted us to believe in him then he would come down and introduce himself. He is after all ALL POWERFUL shouldnt be a problem.

I think i speak for all the people who dont believe the same as you (and im talking about other christians as well) when i say 'take your pathetic little religion somewhere where its wanted'

-Q

Hbr 12:6
For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes those he accepts as his children." [fn]
Hbr 12:7
As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who was never disciplined?
Hbr 12:8
If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all.
Hbr 12:9
Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever [fn]?

OOPS! When did I say anything about eternal punishment?
Do you know how arrogant this looks:” Reprobates? PFFF if your god wanted us to believe in him then he would come down and introduce himself” Do you think that God’s kingdom would lack any goodness without you in it? If God does not draws you to the savior, the door to his Kingdom is because He does not want you in it (not now anyway) you are not one of his children, what make you think that I would like to have you in my congregation? Has God call you to find one? Are you on the look for one? Do you know how to search for one? Are you waiting for Him to come down and introduce Himself to you? Do you know any parents that send their children to the psychiatrist because they have an imaginary friend?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Hbr 12:6
For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes those he accepts as his children." [fn]
Hbr 12:7
As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who was never disciplined?
Hbr 12:8
If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all.
Hbr 12:9
Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever [fn]?

OOPS! When did I say anything about eternal punishment?
Do you know how arrogant this looks:” Reprobates? PFFF if your god wanted us to believe in him then he would come down and introduce himself” Do you think that God’s kingdom would lack any goodness without you in it? If God does not draws you to the savior, the door to his Kingdom is because He does not want you in it (not now anyway) you are not one of his children, what make you think that I would like to have you in my congregation? Has God call you to find one? Are you on the look for one? Do you know how to search for one? Are you waiting for Him to come down and introduce Himself to you? Do you know any parents that send their children to the psychiatrist because they have an imaginary friend?
and I thought that preaching was against the forum rules.....