• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

freethinker44

Wow! How impressive, so you are a real sex machine, a boundless source of pleasure, a blessing to your wife? I’ll tell what if that is true (no that believe it) there will came a time when all that will be diminish and it will happen at different rate and aged, to females menopause to males prostate enlargement, if one of them has not acquired self-control over their urges, you may see yourselves replaced for a battery operated toy or an inflatable doll.

So I should have less sex with my wife so she will keep wanting to have sex with me instead of a toy? Is that really how you are trying to justify your argument? I mean seriously. I should not give into lust and instead manipulate someone I love, how is that any better?

freethinker44

You mean to tell me that God does not care that live like lower animals, that we are here without a purpose and that we waste our time and energies in living a life that is in accordance to His commandments? The problem is not that we all will like God if we ever meet Him, the problem is will we all do that? And we are talking to be in His kingdom in His family, again I believe in what the gospel of John says:

Do still ritually sacrifice animals to honor god?

Exodus 20
20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Or do you just not follow those commandments?

emiliano

So, you know the fundamental truths of the universe because God has chosen you as one of his children. We do not understand these "truths" because God does not want us to know them the way that he has chosen you to know them.

<cough>delusionsofgrandeur</cough>

You got it!;)

emiliano

So I should have less sex with my wife so she will keep wanting to have sex with me instead of a toy? Is that really how you are trying to justify your argument? I mean seriously. I should not give into lust and instead manipulate someone I love, how is that any better?

You are in a flight of thoughts again, what it is, is that if you don’t control or do not practice self-control when it happens and will surely will, what it will become of your marriage? So really it isn’t that hard, your must moderate/control it because you are rational being . BTW do you realize that what the young man wants is to eliminate is sex before marriage in Christianity, why the hell could he want us to do that is something that I tried to work out, but with no success, from what he has said he into the Astral travels and shamans that help you to achieve out of body experiences, the soul comes out of the body and travels to other dimensions and had encounter that can be quite erotic, there is no relation between what he propose and the self-advertisings that you posted, sorry mate!

emiliano

Do still ritually sacrifice animals to honor god?

Exodus 20
20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Or do you just not follow those commandments?

There have been enough discussions on these issues; the organizations of Christians Churches are modeled after the Apostle Paul’s epistles and the simple reason for this is that the Churches that he founded were the firsts to be called Christians, meaning the first Christ like Churches.

Act 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Oh no you don't....thought I was gone altogether?
This thread is lengthy...but did everyone forget the continual regression....
God did it!
Logic can't be used to disprove God.
For every instance you speak denial....someone will say to the contrary...
God did it.
God as Creator is a continual regression argument....you are standing between two mirrors.
To the left or to the right.....God did it.

emiliano

You are right sir, we are getting off topic a bit. The bottom line in this thread is god does not exist.
Poatly right my dear fellow, because it is about the notion that that you can disprove the existance of God through the the use of logic whait is in in itself illogiacoal.

freethinker44

Poatly right my dear fellow, because it is about the notion that that you can disprove the existance of God through the the use of logic whait is in in itself illogiacoal.

Thats what people keep telling me but no one cares to offer a reasonable explanation, maybe you could have a good one?

rageoftyrael

Veritas
you can't disprove something that is so vague. to pin something down with logic, you must actually have set rules, with which you can argue against. they never do this, cause if they did, you could then possibly disprove their god.

freethinker44

you can't disprove something that is so vague. to pin something down with logic, you must actually have set rules, with which you can argue against. they never do this, cause if they did, you could then possibly disprove their god.

I don't bother with peoples personal definition of a god. The bible clearly defines god (I know christianity so that is what I use, and I have used the biblical version of god for this particular argument) so I just use that definition, and if a someone says they don't define god like, I say ok then you are not christian.

As for disproving something vague, I believe it is possible. As I stated in previous posts, all you need is one single qualifier to decide what something isn't. For instance if something has four traits that it must have in order qualify as something, then it is reasonable to say that if something is missing one or more of those traits then it is not the "something" in question. And if you can prove that it is impossible for something to possess one or more of those traits, then you essentially haven proven that the "something" cannot exist.

It is important to know also, that this doesn't apply to proving something is what it is. If you want to prove something but only know one trait, then you can narrow down the list of things that could be that "something", but this doesn't prove what they are, it proves what they might be. They would also have to meet all the other requirements to be moved into the category of what you are trying to prove. If they don't meet even one, then they are not the "something" that you are looking for.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Okay....your last post finally betrays you.

You say, that you need only demonstrate that God lacks the 'trait' of a god to prove He doesn't exist.
I don't think that's logical.
Especially if you focus solely on the Christian God.

In the course of 700+ postings....did I miss your disproving that one item...
the one item that shows absolutely....that God does not exist?

freethinker44

Okay....your last post finally betrays you.

You say, that you need only demonstrate that God lacks the 'trait' of a god to prove He doesn't exist.
I don't think that's logical.
Especially if you focus solely on the Christian God.

In the course of 700+ postings....did I miss your disproving that one item...
the one item that shows absolutely....that God does not exist?

It was in the first post.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Coincidently, I just wrote a post under...
Is God insane?
Perhaps you would care to review it?

Logic and sanity.....at odds?