• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disproving god with the laws of logic

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
I for one have not conceded anything.
Cause and effect are basic to so many intellectual disciplines.

If you want a debate....then rebuttal.

You might try taking away the singularity idea.
Why not?
No one has ever seen it....could it's past existence be refuted?

Take away the laws of motion.
Why not?
At the point of singularity there is no up or down....no motion....no geometry...no number system for calculation.

Observation of a creation leads to the belief of a Creator.
Take away the creation, and the Creator goes with it.

(Discovering how something came to be...or how it functions...cannot take away faith. By definition...faith requires no proving).

To take away faith in God, you would need to definitively show how an item can be created....without machinery.
God didn't have machines at the point of genesis.
Only His willfulness.

Take away the will of God?
I think that's the devil's quest.
No....you have conceded. You do not deal with the debate. You merely do not take into account what was asked of you and thus all you do is preach. You have yet to offer up anything factual and you twist logic into untruth to try to stand up your claim which is completely and terribly lacking.

So again....I accept your concession. Perhaps someday we can have a real debate.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Perhaps you haven't been taught such things.

First the premise, support of the premise then the rebuttal.

The onset of this thread is to disprove God...by logic.
I'm fairly sure if you scan this thread a bit more, you will see that doing so simply won't happen.
For each occurrence offered, a believer will simply repeat...God did it.
Whether it be the singularity, evolution, celestial observation,....whatever.

The concept of origin...genesis.... has been around a very long time.
It is persistent by the continual refrain....God did it.

I fall back to the point of singularity, simply because of Genesis.
"Something" made it happen. "Something" filled the void.

Cause and effect cannot be separated. There are stars overhead.
God did it.
To undo this notion will take far more than a simple objection on your part.

Do you know of any circumstance, to which I cannot say...God did it?

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate
Perhaps you haven't been taught such things.

First the premise, support of the premise then the rebuttal.

The onset of this thread is to disprove God...by logic.
I'm fairly sure if you scan this thread a bit more, you will see that doing so simply won't happen.
For each occurrence offered, a believer will simply repeat...God did it.
Whether it be the singularity, evolution, celestial observation,....whatever.

The concept of origin...genesis.... has been around a very long time.
It is persistent by the continual refrain....God did it.

I fall back to the point of singularity, simply because of Genesis.
"Something" made it happen. "Something" filled the void.

Cause and effect cannot be separated. There are stars overhead.
God did it.
To undo this notion will take far more than a simple objection on your part.

Do you know of any circumstance, to which I cannot say...God did it?
See this is where your logic fails you.

The onus is on you to prove that God did it. An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence....BTW you have NONE.

Also your fall on the own sword of your own logic....SOMETHING had to create SOMETHING. You say that the SOMETHING that created the universe was God....but you fail to account for the SOMETHING that created God. At best you can ASSUME God always was...but you don't have any evidence to back that up. You have faith in a God of the GAPS. Which is to say you don't know the TRUTH so you insert your own assumptions and believe them to be true. Intellectually it is beyond dishonest.

So again I accept your concession as you have nothing to offer this debate but rhetoric and unsupported claims.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And of course...you've got it backwards.

Faith, by definition, requires no proving.

The premise weighs to you...that you demonstrate there is no God...by logic.

And again, every item you offer....God did it.

Rogue Cardinal

Devil's Advocate

I'm glad you require that every time I want to discuss about things that are created God did it.

That means God created EVIL.

god created rape.

God created theft.

God created lies.

God created prostitution.

God created homosexuals.

There you go.....God did it. God is a God of hypocrisy.

At any rate...you have faith....which is empty and nothing. You have an admission that you cannot prove God exists and that you are intent to believe though there is no evidence to support that believe (insanity? Mental illness?).

There is no evidence to suggest God did anything....so at the moment....there is no reason to even discuss God as an option.

See you assert that God did something.....how do you know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus, or Odin? What is your evidence that they didn't do it? How did YOU arrive at the position that it was YOUR god that did it and not the other gods? What was your elimination process or do you admit that you have no real background in those other gods and you in fact believe as you do only because you were indoctrinated into such type of thinking as to be blinded and not really able to intellectually look at all the variables for yourself?

GiantHouseKey

This was solved a long time ago, You cannot use logic to prove or disprove the existence of God because God is a spirit, as far idiotic answers what about blaming you parents for your failures at getting to know spiritual matter? And propose transforming and distorting the tenets of religion to accommodate the lack of self-control, and the inability to aspire to higher moral standards than that of irrational brutes, how logical is that?:(:ignore:

That's the best you've got? Your mom jokes? :facepalm:

I know you can't use logic to prove God, and as I have maintained, you can't use logic to disprove God. In fact, logic makes a note that you don't have to disprove anything.

I'm not even going to make a response to your other comment about me. Let's just say I find it hilarious that you think you have a grasp of spirituality.

GhK.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious

I'm going to try a different tactic, Thief.

I have faith God didn't do it. I have faith God doesn't exist. That requires no proving. Therefore I don't need to demonstrate the non-existence of God.

Everything you say mention...God didn't do it.

I win.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Cause and effect people...cause and effect.
There are stars above your head, an earth beneath your feet.
God is the Creator.
He did it.

GiantHouseKey

God is the Creator.
He did it.

This is a debate
That post adds nothing to this debate

Why does there have to be a beginning?
What created God?

Or did God do that as well?

GhK.

rageoftyrael

Veritas
yeah, before god existed, he made himself, into existence. makes about as much sense as anything else they are saying. thief, you are coming into a debate, and saying that you don't have to prove what you are saying is true, even though you are the one making the claim. here's the problem thief, you aren't in church. we here, will question it, and you don't want to give an intelligent answer, we aren't going to take you seriously.

Oh, and emiliano, seriously? so, god must give me this faith, hmmm... but apparently i'm to horrible a person to have it given to me. i mean it's not like god is particularly choosy. i've heard of many murderers convert to christianity while in jail. but apparently i, a person who has done no real wrong, am not worthy. pathetic. i'm tired of your elitist attitude emiliano. i think you just say this cause you know we will never believe, not without proof, so you just word it like we can never get it, cause we are bad people. you add nothing to any debate.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
God is the Creator.
He did it.

Atheism, people....atheism.
Stop signs are red, poor drivers are abundant.
Richard Dawkins is King of Men.
God didn't do it.

The Neo Nerd

God is the Creator.
He did it.

Hmmmm cause and effect.

You were told that god existed (cause) therefore you attribute everything in existence to god (effect)

God doesnt exist

God is all in your mind.

By the precedent you just created in the post above that is all the proof i need to give. and mine is in bold letters so its more real than yours.

-Q

Last edited:

Morse

To Extinguish
Planet -> Solar System -> Galaxy -> Universe

Two different things. Galaxies rotate, universe(s) do not.

Observe BASIC physics and you will understand WHY you are wrong.