• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do atheists believe in Justice?

Atheist believe in Justice, They believe in what the world justifies and allows. Atheist do not believe in Gods Justice it is to hard for them to handle. It means changing your life style to Gods standards not the worlds.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Atheist believe in Justice, They believe in what the world justifies and allows. Atheist do not believe in Gods Justice it is to hard for them to handle. It means changing your life style to Gods standards not the worlds.
I understand.
But Julian Assange is an atheist and he sacrificed his own life for the sake of justice.
By exposing the war crimes committed by an elitist gang of warmongers. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So many of the faithful mistakenly believe that morality
(including justice) comes only from belief in their god/gods.
We heathens have morality that is inborn, & learned socially.

BTW, we observe that the faithful are quick to abandon their
vaunted morality at the drop of a hat. Some believe they go
to Heaven because they believe, not because of good acts.
Perhaps others find sin all the more tempting because it's
forbidden.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Well...it depends on the economic status.

No. It depends on how good they were on covering tracks, fabricating alibi's, etc.

I think there are more then enough examples of very wealthy people who didn't get away with their bad behavior, simply because they failed at properly covering tracks and fabricating alibi's.

Sure, being resourceful can certainly help in doing that and / or make it easier.

If they are incredibly powerful and rich, they will get away with that. Always or nearly.
If they are poor, never.
I don't think that's true

Very Very few have true Faith in God. Many will say they do, but their life style says different. To have true Faith in God one has to change their standards of living to Gods standards. Many cannot do that. The world has blinded them in believing and obeying God.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No. It depends on how good they were on covering tracks, fabricating alibi's, etc.

I think there are more then enough examples of very wealthy people who didn't get away with their bad behavior, simply because they failed at properly covering tracks and fabricating alibi's.

Sure, being resourceful can certainly help in doing that and / or make it easier.

I don't think that's true
Even cats know that OJ Simpson killed his own wife...
money opens every door. He was acquitted.
Imagine if he had been poor.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I was asking you: do you believe it is fair that so many Nazis got away with their crimes against humanity?
Since nobody ever punished them.
Not sure why you bring up nazi's.

It's never fair when somebody gets away with bad behavior.
This is why we invest so much in forensics, detectives, researchers, justice departments, etc.

There's a whole societal machinery dedicated to making sure as little people as possible get away with bad stuff.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Very Very few have true Faith in God. Many will say they do, but their life style says different. To have true Faith in God one has to change their standards of living to Gods standards. Many cannot do that. The world has blinded them in believing and obeying God.
The Bible says: do not harm others in any way.
How many people harm others, even indirectly?

The bankers who destroy economies and lives because of money-hunger, the politicians who pander them, and protect their interests.
So many people could change their life, by simply not doing.

Do you know how many people committed suicide because of bankers' greed?

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Even cats know that OJ Simpson killed his own wife...
money opens every door. He was acquitted.
Imagine if he had been poor.
I don't know enough about the OJ case.
But in any event, finding a couple examples is not enough to imply a general rule

For every example you can find, I'm sure I can find a counter example of where the rich guy was convicted regardless of being richt

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Believers claim that God's justice exists in some unseen, unknown, and unevidenced "afterlife," which may or may not exist. There is no indication of God's justice (if it exists) having any bearing or influence on affairs here on Earth. Therefore, there's no reason to acknowledge or recognize God's justice, because it is irrelevant and invisible.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The Bible says: do not harm others in any way.

The bible also says to stone adulterers and execute men who have sex with men. The bible also condones slavery and allows masters to beath their slaves to the brink of death. So yea.... the "do not harm others in any way" doesn't mean much.

How many people harm others, even indirectly?

Many. Ironically, it shows that it doesn't seem to matter what the bible says.

The bankers who destroy economies because of money-hunger, the politicians who pander them, and protect their interests.
So many people could change their life, by simply not doing.
There you go again with your pet-peeve. It's starting to get old and boring.

Reactions: ppp

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So many of the faithful mistakenly believe that morality
(including justice) comes only from belief in their god/gods.
We heathens have morality that is inborn, & learned socially.
It's true. Many atheists have a much moral life than many Christians.
Faith is not always useful.
BTW, we observe that the faithful are quick to abandon their
vaunted morality at the drop of a hat. Some believe they go
to Heaven because they believe, not because of good acts.
Perhaps others find sin all the more tempting because it's
forbidden.
Maybe Protestants do.
But Catholics believe that it's necessary to love thy neighbor as thyself to go to Heaven.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Believers claim that God's justice exists in some unseen, unknown, and unevidenced "afterlife," which may or may not exist. There is no indication of God's justice (if it exists) having any bearing or influence on affairs here on Earth. Therefore, there's no reason to acknowledge or recognize God's justice, because it is irrelevant and invisible.
Right. Because there is free will, so God cannot change worldly justice in any way.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Their behavior suggests that this believe isn't universal.
I am very interested in your opinion and feedback.

Let's assume Jesus was just a man like anyone else. Any atheist can acknowledge that.
What do you think of what he did in this video? :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I am very interested in your opinion and feedback.

Let's assume Jesus was just a man like anyone else. Any atheist can acknowledge that.
What do you think of what he did in this video? :)

The money changers in the Temples were Roman. It was a natural reaction from the Hebrew perspective to be extremely offended to have Roman money changers in the Temple. This action on the part of Jesus likely brought him to the attention of Rome as a rebel.