• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In Dragons?

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
I see all non-substantiated non-evidence based beliefs as being on exactly the same level and footing. I see no cognitive reason to differentiate between believing in a god and believing in faeries, dragons or homoeopathy.

Because none of these arguments...

Existence of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... apply to anything but a god. I mean, I think that in every one of those arguments, some of them just flat out fallacious, god's existence loses. But whichever side you take, you are going to find a response to any problem with any of them from either side, regardless of how flawed or silly they are.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I like how people say that they don't believe in them, because they haven't seen a dragon or there is no real evidence of their existence, but yet insist there is a God in other threads when the exact same could be said about that.

A

angellous_evangellous

But apparently you do believe in a god.
Why a god but not dragons?

I like how people say that they don't believe in them, because they haven't seen a dragon or there is no real evidence of their existence, but yet insist there is a God in other threads when the exact same could be said about that.

I believe in God and dragons, but no one has cared to discuss that... :(

A

angellous_evangellous

Have you seen 'How to train your dragon'?

No, but I saw "Pete the Magic Dragon."

This whole thing about keeping pet dragons does not compliment my beliefs or experience. There may be some domesticated dragons out there, but I think that these non-authoritative accounts are a popular way of exonerating the dragon from its typical violent nature.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
No, but I saw "Pete the Magic Dragon."

This whole thing about keeping pet dragons does not compliment my beliefs or experience. There may be some domesticated dragons out there, but I think that these non-authoritative accounts are a popular way of exonerating the dragon from its typical violent nature.

I agree.

There was a programme on the other night about a guy who had a bear and a tiger in his back garden. It's not fair.

Antibush5

Do I believe in dragons? Well I believe that dragons are a inner-resprisentation of our inner-conflict :p Take that!