• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Favor Belief Over Knowledge and Curiosity?

Nope. NOBODY except a total lunatic says that the whole bible is false.

Ok, I keep that in mind.

Now, if you want to discuss the false parts, we can do that. There is far more to back up the true statement that parts of the bible are false than you could possibly ever want to try to deal with.

There are no false parts. If you disagree, please show one (the worst one) and I show why it is not false.

Audie

Veteran Member
Ok, I keep that in mind.

There are no false parts. If you disagree, please show one (the worst one) and I show why it is not false.

Many atheists, maybe all of them, claim Bible is false.

"I will keep that in mind" is no acknowledgement
of the falsehood. It does not look good, in terms of
your ability to acknowledge it elsewhere.

As to your challenge, I'd first need to know
if you are going to be literal, or just interpret the
bible to mean whatever you say it means.

For example, if you think there was really a world wide flood after the 6 day poof.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, I keep that in mind.

The Noah's Ark myth is pretty obvious. Though since you probably have almost no science education I don't know how you will support that myth.

If you want failed prophecies there is the Tyre prophecy, it is a "two-fer".

And this site should keep you busy for a while. It shows contradictions in the Bible. I don't know if it works on a tablet or phone:

http://bibviz.com/

The Noah's Ark myth is pretty obvious. Though since you probably have almost no science educationn I don't know how you will support that myth.

It is true that I am not brainwashed by the high priests of “science”. But I know many things that people have observed and real observations support the idea that there was the flood.

If you want failed prophecies there is the Tyre prophecy, it is a "two-fer".

Tyre is ruins, as it should be:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=tyre...0rPcAhWF2ywKHWbXDLcQ_AUICigB&biw=1574&bih=887

And this site should keep you busy for a while. It shows contradictions in the Bible. I don't know if it works on a tablet or phone:

http://bibviz.com/

You couldn’t bring even one real contradiction that is in the Bible, from there.

As to your challenge, I'd first need to know
if you are going to be literal, or just interpret the
bible to mean whatever you say it means.

I think Bible should not be interpret but understood as it explains itself. Bible means what it means. It tells, when it is about parable or some indirect matter. And even in those cases, it usually explains what it means.

Audie

Veteran Member
I think Bible should not be interpret but understood as it explains itself. Bible means what it means. It tells, when it is about parable or some indirect matter. And even in those cases, it usually explains what it means.

How is that not just "it means whatever
I (god, thru me) say it means.

So, is that a 6 day poof, about 6000 years ago,
followed by a world wide flood that killed all but
those on a boat?

Or is that all parable and metaphor, or just
weird old stories with no connection to reality?

Audie

Veteran Member
It is true that I am not brainwashed by the high priests of “science”. But I know many things that people have observed and real observations support the idea that there was the flood.

Tyre is ruins, as it should be:

https://www.google.fi/search?q=tyre...0rPcAhWF2ywKHWbXDLcQ_AUICigB&biw=1574&bih=887

You couldn’t bring even one real contradiction that is in the Bible, from there.

Those photos cant be tyre!
Towers? Walls?

Ezekial says that the rubble will be scraped away
to bare rock.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

As a Christian you should not make false claims about others. That is a breaking of the Ninth Commandment. There is no "high priests" in science. And no, you know very very little.

That is only a small part of Tyre. Preserved for historical reasons. The island was supposed to be totally destroyed and no one was to live on it again. People still live there.

That would be a lie. The failed Tyre prophesy is just one of them. Didn't I already post a video for you? You do not appear to be worth the bother. If you can promise to be honest and to quit breaking the Ninth Commandment I will gladly help you.

Audie

Veteran Member
As a Christian you should not make false claims about others. That is a breaking of the Ninth Commandment. There is no "high priests" in science. And no, you know very very little.

That is only a small part of Tyre. Preserved for historical reasons. The island was supposed to be totally destroyed and no one was to live on it again. People still live there.

That would be a lie. The failed Tyre prophesy is just one of them. Didn't I already post a video for you? You do not appear to be worth the bother. If you can promise to be honest and to quit breaking the Ninth Commandment I will gladly help you.

You keep your word and dont bother if not.

I 've -maybe-one more response
in me, but I am real sure that up is
down to him and the prophecy is
"True" coz there are wrecked bldgs.

It is true, they are not usually called what they appear to be. But “scientists” who teach evolution is true, are like priests. They teach thing that is matter of belief, not matter that can be shown to be true scientifically.

Small part of modern Tyre. But it seems to be the Tyre Bible was speaking of.

Those photos cant be tyre!
Towers? Walls?

Ezekial says that the rubble will be scraped away
to bare rock.

Bible says:
They shall destroy the walls of Tyre, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her a bare rock.
Eze. 26:4

In the pictures it seems to be bare rock and no walls, or towers.

So, is that a 6 day poof, about 6000 years ago,
followed by a world wide flood that killed all but those on a boat?

Or is that all parable and metaphor, or just
weird old stories with no connection to reality?

Bible doesn’t say 6000 years. But it tells about creation and great flood. And it tells that they really happened. Bible doesn’t say those were not real events.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is true, they are not usually called what they appear to be. But “scientists” who teach evolution is true, are like priests. They teach thing that is matter of belief, not matter that can be shown to be true scientifically.

Please, you should not make false claims about others. That is breaking the Ninth Commandment. Evolution has been proven far beyond a reasonable doubt.

You should try to learn.

Small part of modern Tyre. But it seems to be the Tyre Bible was speaking of.

No, it is not. The entire island was to be "scraped clean" and never found again. You are now just lying to yourself.

Audie

Veteran Member
Bible doesn’t say 6000 years. But it tells about creation and great flood. And it tells that they really happened. Bible doesn’t say those were not real events.

6K or whatevs, the bible either fibs, or you is reading it
wrong.

(bible fibs)

Audie

Veteran Member
Please, you should not make false claims about others. That is breaking the Ninth Commandment. Evolution has been proven far beyond a reasonable doubt.

You should try to learn.

No, it is not. The entire island was to be "scraped clean" and never found again. You are now just lying to yourself.

And no "towers"standing. Lots of towers standing
to this day.
The place is not scraped clean. How obvious does something have to be.

Audie

Veteran Member
Should Rome be in ruins?

No,of course not.

Tyre and Rome both have ancient buildings
that are still standing. You showed photos that
make it look as if Tyre is just old ruins; rather
misleading. You could equally show photos
of Rome, or Athens that make it look as if ruins
is all there is there.

But that would be rather deceptive, dont you think so?

Point is of course, that the prophecy was not
fulfilled. Tyre ls no more "scapred" than Rome
does.

As you can perfectly well see.

And, like Rome, Tyre is still inhabited. Really.

In the pictures it seems to be bare rock and no walls, or towers.

Really?

https://www.google.com/search?q=t+y...&biw=851&bih=595&dpr=1.5#imgrc=Xkq9OjH9AzTQuM:

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And no "towers"standing. Lots of towers standing
to this day.
The place is not scraped clean. How obvious does something have to be.
The Tyre prophesy is my favorite honesty test of Christians. If they cannot admit that such a relatively unimportant prophesy utterly failed then they can't deal honestly with anything in the Bible at all.