• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you feel part of the RF community?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

CDRaider

I feel like a part of the community even if I've only been here for like less than a month.

I really feel a strong connection with a few people and frubals make me so proud! I think having people on my buddy list on MySpace counts as part of the community.

I really love you guys, the forum just give me a chance to get to explain myself without getting cut off because you can't stop me from typing! No, really, i do love this place and it feel very welcoming so I have to vote yes.

BFD_Zayl

Buttercup said:
I fixed it too. :D
i did again :D

jmoum said:
There are a lot of people on here that I admire and look up to, such as Booko, Maize, Victor, Sunstone, Sojourner, Beckysoup,Cardero, BFD_Zayl, Hopeful Nikki, Djamilla, Laila, Lilithu and Jewscout, just to name a few. Not only that, but I've talked about a few of you outside of the forums as well with some of my friends. And to top it off, I like this place so much that I was able to convince Christina to join. So of course I feel like a part of the community and I don't think that will ever change:)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Willamena said:
No. I define "community" a bit differently; namely, as something that people participate in a real life --sharing of each other's personal lives, physically touching, exchanging, encouraging, supporting.
How would you define interactions on RF? Certainly we are exchanging, encouraging and supporting each other here. Plus, most of the time my most meaningful conversations regarding religion occur online. Often people in real life are not interested in discussing religion.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Buttercup said:
I'm mostly interested in why you started this thread.....perhaps you could explain so we could discuss? :)
*smiles* I'll try, but I doubt your interest will be sated much by anything I can say...

It 'twas in the midst of a rather pompous and zealous reply (As sadly, I feel most of my relies tend to be) to a certain topic when I wondered why I was so eager to present RF as such an inclusive place to a relative newcomer and why I was doing so entirely from the outside, looking in.

I realised that any connection I have with RF is almost entirely manifest in being an observer, and not a participant. Despite being an active member since early January, I don't actually know anyone here and I suspect the amount of posts I've made outside the religious discussion areas could be counted on the fingers of one thumb. (General shyness and desire to project a certain image of myself probably rank high up on the list of reasons why this is so; I must have deleted roughly 100 posts shortly after making them because of either the former or latter) I certainly highly doubt that anyone would notice if I suddenly stopped posting, or that I've achieved any kind of personal voice for myself whilst being here.

So, feeling the need to make some kind of public acknowledgement of this, mostly so I could tell myself that I had made some kind of public acknowledgement, I made a short impersonal post and attached a poll to see how many felt the same way. There's...

*looks for other words for 'certainly'*

There's most assuredly nothing on, in or about RF in itself that makes me feel excluded, I just don't consider myself included.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Well, can I try to make you feel included? :hug: I imagine that if you don't feel free to express yourself, that would be kind of awkward. Please know, though, that the rest of us would enjoy knowing all the aspects of you. Don't delete posts from now on! *tries to take a stern voice* Also, your frubal bar says that others are quite willing to listen to anything you have to say!

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
FeathersinHair said:
Well, can I try to make you feel included? :hug: I imagine that if you don't feel free to express yourself, that would be kind of awkward. Please know, though, that the rest of us would enjoy knowing all the aspects of you. Don't delete posts from now on! *tries to take a stern voice* Also, your frubal bar says that others are quite willing to listen to anything you have to say!
*hugs*

Alas I've just fruball'd (frubed? frubified?) you; a delicious picture of cupcakes will have to serve in some fashion instead. :)

cupcake_03.jpg

And of course, there's also an equally delicious emoticon! :cupcake:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Nordicßærskin said:
There's most assuredly nothing on, in or about RF in itself that makes me feel excluded, I just don't consider myself included.
First I have to say that I admire your transparent and honest reply...let me heave a pile of frubals on you for that.

I can tell you simply the reason most people feel inclusive on this forum is usually by the amount of time spent on RF. Most of the regulars (daily posters) tend to post and goof off often as well. What I define as goofing off is hanging out in the general discussion area and answering the more lighter threads.

If you have the time to spare....it would be great to see you more often. I have always noticed and enjoyed your posts. And stop thinking so much.....surely those 100 posts deleted are a sign of being too hard on yourself. Relax, we're a friendly bunch here. :)

Random

I voted no. I came here hoping to find some relatively enlightened people to share things positively with, but despite the occasional moment of brilliance where you make a connexion, there is too much disagreement. It distresses me.

There are some cool people here for sure, like Jmoum, YmirGF, Gracie, Willmena, Autonomous1one1, Djamila, HopefulNikki, Lilithu, Victor, Beckysoup61, Buttercup, Buttons, Faint and Doppleganger, people I respect who I feel have something honest to contribute, but the Admins, Mods and Uber Members are all lovey-dovey and fruballing each other like crazy for simply being on here but when someone has something genuine to say that is actually meaningful they get jack-squat.

In short, the failing of this forum is the failing of every other: a "clique" forms that excludes the non-"elite" from any sense of true community. It leaves you wondering how it is only a matter of time before you crack and tell them to ****-off or something.

Still, it can be a fun place to be so I'll stick around for a while longer. I do enjoy it most of the time.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I still think people take frubals too seriously. Everyone knows I am basically a non intellectual yet I have tons of frubals. Most of the time I acquire them as a means of communication and not appreciation for my posts.

You are very intelligent and post great responses, Godlike. You actually have quite a nice pile of frubals for being here only a couple of months. Just continue being yourself and those of us that appreciate you will mulitply...of that I'm sure.

CDRaider

Awwww, :hug: i really do love the mods

Godlike, I really appreciate your posts. JMoum talks about you when we talk about RF in person. I would consider you part of the community. I'm sorry it unrequited.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I doubt you could ever make me feel worse- in fact, your kind post and your cute avvie are making me feel better. It's not something I can discuss because it would derail this thread and then probably lead to personal attacks. Thanks for being so thoughtful, though! :hug:

standing_alone

CDRaider said:
Awwww, :hug: i really do love the mods

Me too! :hug: The mods do a terrific job - and it's not an easy one. Having been one for a short time here and seeing how much work they do and how hard they try to keep this a place for people to share their views (and do a damn fine job at, I may add) really made me appreciate their work a hell of alot. I have no bad words about the mods here. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
I doubt you could ever make me feel worse- in fact, your kind post and your cute avvie are making me feel better. It's not something I can discuss because it would derail this thread and then probably lead to personal attacks. Thanks for being so thoughtful, though! :hug:
Well just so you know.....you are a fine MOD and no one could ever in this lifetime accuse you of unfairness. As someone said earlier....you are a cornerstone of this forum. So, dry your eyes fair lady. :hug: Don't worry, be happy! :)