• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

TruthaboutGod

You're not understanding what i'm trying to ask. I can understand that you find it difficult to break away from what you think you know, but just go with it.

I am suggesting that God is not communicating with you.
You said that you had been 'inspired' by God...
...Yet you say that Aeya was never talked about...
...Which suggests that God literally conversed with you...
With me so far? This is just assuming it is God.

So, how are you sure it is God? Did God literally say 'I am the lord thy God'? How can you be sure that what was communicating with you was God and not Aeya?
I can assure you that Aeya takes a great deal more than what you've demonstrated to understand, so my guess is you are misinterpreting a religious experience. But as i've said, it's just a guess, and you may very well have had a theistic encounter. But you've yet to explain to me about your religious encounter, you've said some incredibly vague stuff about being inspired...Which is fine...But then you say God never mentioned Aeya, which suggests God did mention other things...So now your 'inspiration' becomes a literal commune.

But I still am not convinced it was God. What makes you convinced? Is it just because you have faith (Which was my initial reaction)? How do you actually know it's God?

Do you understand the question now?

GhK.

1. I will answer the question, however you are really off track here. You are asking questions about me, not about God.

2. Since God had me read the Bible and the Qur'an, would not "aeya" have me read it's books, if it existed.(If it had books?)

3. Since God is the Creator of Existence, God had explained to me many of the questions that I had about Existence.

4. Why would "aeya" have me read a book that has "God" many times in it, yet it has no mention of "aeya"?

5. I do not have faith, as I accept the reality of God. It seems you really have me confused with someone that is religious.

6. I am not here to convince you of anything. If you feel that "aeya" is your god, then do not ask any questions as I know nothing of "aeya". I can answer questions about God, not about "aeya".

7. Not really. It seems that you have no questions about God, you just want me to convince you of something, my task is too convey, not convince. I am rewarded when I speak the Truth, it is meaningless if you accept it or deny it.

Im an Atheist

Biologist
1. I can list the chapters if this would answer your question:

Warning
Why a Second Edition?
Introduction
What is God?
What is Satan
What is Heaven?
What is Hell?
Creation
God’s True Commandment
What is God’s Plan?
God’s Greatest Gift to Mankind
The Key Prophets
The Three Books
Conflict of Religions
Jew
Christian
Muslim
Prayer
Why does God allow “bad” things to happen?
Why did God make different races, languages, etc...
Aliens, psychic detectives, paranormal activity, etc
Knowledge and Wisdom bring Sorrow and Grief
The World Today
Epilogue

As i thought, most of those chapters will be based on opinions and your own personal views. So you are writing a book about how you feel and what your view on religion are?

IAA

GiantHouseKey

1. I will answer the question, however you are really off track here. You are asking questions about me, not about God.
Yep, my apologies if you know more about God than yourself.

2. Since God had me read the Bible and the Qur'an, would not "aeya" have me read it's books, if it existed.(If it had books?)
Right now we're getting somewhere. How did God have you read the Bible and Qur'an? Did he go 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEAD THE BIBLE AND QURAN' or what?

Aeya is way more complicated than that. No books exist about Aeya, at least none that call it Aeya. Maybe there will be in the not too distant future :)

3. Since God is the Creator of Existence, God had explained to me many of the questions that I had about Existence.
Again, how. I'm very interested to know the nature of your religious experiences.

4. Why would "aeya" have me read a book that has "God" many times in it, yet it has no mention of "aeya"?
Well the Qur'an talks a whole lot about Allah but you haven't really talked much about that?

Again, this question would be answered with an explanation of your divine experience.

5. I do not have faith, as I accept the reality of God. It seems you really have me confused with someone that is religious.
Im having a really hard time convincing you aren't I. Let me put this a different way...Um...Ok so you accept the 'reality' of God...But in order to accept something, you have to know it exists...How do you know God exists, without using a circular arguement.

6. I am not here to convince you of anything. If you feel that "aeya" is your god, then do not ask any questions as I know nothing of "aeya". I can answer questions about God, not about "aeya".
I do not feel that Aeya is my God, but that's going to take some explaining which I don't need to do yet either. I don't need you to answer questions about Aeya. Have I asked you to? If I have a question I will post it.

7. Not really. It seems that you have no questions about God, you just want me to convince you of something, my task is too convey, not convince. I am rewarded when I speak the Truth, it is meaningless if you accept it or deny it.
My question is incredibly simple (Or incredibly hard depending on what level of understanding you're talking about). I have no interest in being convinced of the existence of God. Im just interested to understand why you believe. You said you've had religious experiences and I want to know what made you come to think that it's God and how God has inspired you to do all that you said.

It's nice to convey to me your arrogance but lets stick just to conveying 'the truth'.

Oh yes, also, why does God reward you for conveying the truth but not convincing somebody of the truth? I mean, imagine the following:
Person a: God is real
Person b: Why should I believe that?
Person a: It doesn't matter if you believe it I get sweeties for telling you not convincing you.

Has God appointed somebody else to convince us or are we just left to blindly accept what you say? Surely you can see my dillema...

GhK.

TruthaboutGod

Yep, my apologies if you know more about God than yourself.

Right now we're getting somewhere. How did God have you read the Bible and Qur'an? Did he go 'REEEEEEEEEEEEEAD THE BIBLE AND QURAN' or what?

Aeya is way more complicated than that. No books exist about Aeya, at least none that call it Aeya. Maybe there will be in the not too distant future :)

Again, how. I'm very interested to know the nature of your religious experiences.

Well the Qur'an talks a whole lot about Allah but you haven't really talked much about that?

Again, this question would be answered with an explanation of your divine experience.

Im having a really hard time convincing you aren't I. Let me put this a different way...Um...Ok so you accept the 'reality' of God...But in order to accept something, you have to know it exists...How do you know God exists, without using a circular arguement.

I do not feel that Aeya is my God, but that's going to take some explaining which I don't need to do yet either. I don't need you to answer questions about Aeya. Have I asked you to? If I have a question I will post it.

My question is incredibly simple (Or incredibly hard depending on what level of understanding you're talking about). I have no interest in being convinced of the existence of God. Im just interested to understand why you believe. You said you've had religious experiences and I want to know what made you come to think that it's God and how God has inspired you to do all that you said.

It's nice to convey to me your arrogance but lets stick just to conveying 'the truth'.

Oh yes, also, why does God reward you for conveying the truth but not convincing somebody of the truth? I mean, imagine the following:
Person a: God is real
Person b: Why should I believe that?
Person a: It doesn't matter if you believe it I get sweeties for telling you not convincing you.

Has God appointed somebody else to convince us or are we just left to blindly accept what you say? Surely you can see my dillema...

GhK.

1. God had communicated with me through inspiration.

2. Allah and God are the same thing, just in a different language.

3. Because I have communicated with Him. I know you exist because I communicate with you.

4. If you post the question, I could not answer it, so don't waste your time :)

5. Well then there is no reason for me to answer your questions. If you have no interest in God, then I have no interest in answering your questions. I just do not have the time to waste. Peace be with you.

GiantHouseKey

1. God had communicated with me through inspiration.
Yeah you've said that before, but it doesn't help.

2. Allah and God are the same thing, just in a different language.
Fine, although all 3 books have an incredibly different depiction of the same 'God'.

3. Because I have communicated with Him. I know you exist because I communicate with you.
Yes but I understand the method by which we are communicating.

4. If you post the question, I could not answer it, so don't waste your time :)
I shaln't...Why would I? You obviously have no knowledge

5. Well then there is no reason for me to answer your questions. If you have no interest in God, then I have no interest in answering your questions. I just do not have the time to waste. Peace be with you.
What...i've asked a question that is too hard so you just wave it off and ignore me? You don't want to waste your time on answering my questions but you feel it necessary to write a book...

I can't see how you expect people to consider you to know anything about God. I imagine that if anybody is asking questions here, they are expecting your response, not a response from God. As much as you may or may not be a direct link to God, even if you are, you need to convince people first. Otherwise we can just read the Bible and the Qur'an and have no need for you. You must understand that it's a bit difficult to believe you're a prophet from God and everything you say is the truth. Even for people of incredibly blind faith, it's not a small task.

Jesus had miracles, Muhammad has miracles, Moses, Isiah, the prophets from Acts had miracles. What do you have? I'm not trying to insult you, i'm just desperately trying to understand why I should consider you to know anything about God.

So, sure I have an interest in God. I'm still very interested to know what you think about God, but that's all it is.
I've been inspired by God to tell you this. I don't care whether you believe me, but it's the truth and i'm gonna get sweeties anyway. Do you see my dillema?

I'd love to believe you knew what you say you know about God, but it's not as simple as blind faith to me. I do have an interest in God, but don't let me fool you into thikning that I actually believe what you're saying to be the truth.

So if you are after questions, I still have them, but it helps to get over what you're saying and get to the answers to what you believe. Do I make sense?

GhK.

Last edited:

TruthaboutGod

Yeah you've said that before, but it doesn't help.

Fine, although all 3 books have an incredibly different depiction of the same 'God'.

Yes but I understand the method by which we are communicating.

I shaln't...Why would I? You obviously have no knowledge

What...i've asked a question that is too hard so you just wave it off and ignore me? You don't want to waste your time on answering my questions but you feel it necessary to write a book...

I can't see how you expect people to consider you to know anything about God. I imagine that if anybody is asking questions here, they are expecting your response, not a response from God. As much as you may or may not be a direct link to God, even if you are, you need to convince people first. Otherwise we can just read the Bible and the Qur'an and have no need for you. You must understand that it's a bit difficult to believe you're a prophet from God and everything you say is the truth. Even for people of incredibly blind faith, it's not a small task.

Jesus had miracles, Muhammad has miracles, Moses, Isiah, the prophets from Acts had miracles. What do you have? I'm not trying to insult you, i'm just desperately trying to understand why I should consider you to know anything about God.

So, sure I have an interest in God. I'm still very interested to know what you think about God, but that's all it is.
I've been inspired by God to tell you this. I don't care whether you believe me, but it's the truth and i'm gonna get sweeties anyway. Do you see my dillema?

I'd love to believe you knew what you say you know about God, but it's not as simple as blind faith to me. I do have an interest in God, but don't let me fool you into thikning that I actually believe what you're saying to be the truth.

So if you are after questions, I still have them, but it helps to get over what you're saying and get to the answers to what you believe. Do I make sense?

GhK.

1. You have stated you have no interest in God. I have many forums that I take part in, so I simply do not have the time to waste.

2. There is no question that is "too hard", if i do not know the answer, I simply state that I do not know the answer.

omari

Hello all :)

I am the author of the book: "Understanding the Truth about God". If you have any questions about God, please feel free to ask and I will provide you with the Truth. The only thing that I ask is that the question should be in reference to God and not in reference to a religious topic. I am not religious,(Religious being defined as a: "member of a religion") although I do accept the reality of God.

what i ask i believe may be difficult, but all thing are possible. Can you define God for me?

mordorf

If God is omnipotent and he created Satan can God kill Satan??
Can he uncreate himself.
If not then god is no longer omnipotent

Christian Pilgrim

Hello all :)

I am the author of the book: "Understanding the Truth about God". If you have any questions about God, please feel free to ask and I will provide you with the Truth. The only thing that I ask is that the question should be in reference to God and not in reference to a religious topic. I am not religious,(Religious being defined as a: "member of a religion") although I do accept the reality of God.

What is your God like?

OmarKhayyam

His god is like whatever he imagines him to be. Invisible imaginary friends are like that.

You should know, you have experience with one - or 3.

Christian Pilgrim

His god is like whatever he imagines him to be. Invisible imaginary friends are like that.

You should know, you have experience with one - or 3.

Who is your god, and what is he like? I believe all athesists worship a god too. After-all, how can an athesist dogmatically deny the existence of God without making himself to be a god to make such a wild claim?

My Triune God has worshippers in each and every generation, and from every tongue, tribe, and nations from the beginning of time.

Last edited:

GiantHouseKey

I believe all athesists worship a god too. After-all, how can an athesist dogmatically deny the existence of God without making himself to be a god to make such a wild claim?
I can understand it may be difficult to let go of the idea that everybody thinks the same as you. But can you explain how you can think this? I guess it all depends on what you consider to be God, and in neither the monotheistic or the atheistic (pure atheism anyway) does this arguement stand up.

I would argue that the acceptance of a God is more wild than the rejection. But of course I would, i'm an atheist.

GhK.

Christian Pilgrim

I can understand it may be difficult to let go of the idea that everybody thinks the same as you. But can you explain how you can think this? I guess it all depends on what you consider to be God, and in neither the monotheistic or the atheistic (pure atheism anyway) does this arguement stand up.

I would argue that the acceptance of a God is more wild than the rejection. But of course I would, i'm an atheist.

GhK.

The distinction between one concept of God in comparison to other idea of God is driven by revelation. According to the Scriptures, the One True God spoke as recorded through the Holy Bible as authoritative above all forms of revelation. I never thought that most believed like me. I believe quite the opposite as stated in my signature. If there is a God, how does He reveal Himself to us mortal creatures? IMO... it's much tougher to have an athesist faith than a belief in a God. Just look up at the universe on a clear night and contemplate how small you are in comparison to the stars that testify to you. To have a geniune faith in the Christian God requires a spiritual birth from above according to Scripture.

Last edited:

GiantHouseKey

IMO... it's much tougher to have an athesist faith than a belief in a God.

In your opinion as somebody with a theistic faith? ;)

As somebody with an atheist faith (That is, a religion based on an element of an assumption, just without the assumption of God), I would say that an atheist faith is pretty easy. In fact, I would find a belief in God a challenge to convince myself into. I would find it almost impossible in my current situation

Just look up at the universe on a clear night and contemplate how small you are in comparison to the stars that testify to you. To have a geniune faith in the Christian God requires a spiritual birth from above according to Scripture.
That's a very theistic arguement:
God made things
Things exist
Therefore, God exists

I can understand why you think this way, but I believe it's a little bit more complicated than that. Sure it'd be so much easier just to say 'Oh yeah it was God'...But i'm afraid that i'm not enabled to have such a belief: It just contradicts my spirituality on so many levels.

GhK.

Christian Pilgrim

[/font][/color]In your opinion as somebody with a theistic faith? ;)

As somebody with an atheist faith (That is, a religion based on an element of an assumption, just without the assumption of God), I would say that an atheist faith is pretty easy. In fact, I would find a belief in God a challenge to convince myself into. I would find it almost impossible in my current situation

That's a very theistic arguement:
God made things
Things exist
Therefore, God exists

I can understand why you think this way, but I believe it's a little bit more complicated than that. Sure it'd be so much easier just to say 'Oh yeah it was God'...But i'm afraid that i'm not enabled to have such a belief: It just contradicts my spirituality on so many levels.

GhK.

Please explain what and why you believe in what you do believe in.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
...Just look up at the universe on a clear night and contemplate how small you are in comparison to the stars that testify to you.

So god exists because stars require a mass far larger than my own in order for the process of nuclear fusion to begin? You're going to have to do just a tad better than that.

Christian Pilgrim

So god exists because stars require a mass far larger than my own in order for the process of nuclear fusion to begin? You're going to have to do just a tad better than that.

I don't believe Christian apologetics are meant to convince someone that God is alive and well. Actually, what God made like the stars is called general revelation. This kind of revelation is universal in nature, but it is revelation which condemns mankind, and leaves all without excuse. Here is the text to support my comment.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. - rom 1

Last edited: