• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

Sleepr

Usually lurking.
As a man, I am curious. Any man that "thinks" must have thousands, if not millions, of questions about God. If you read the Words of God, the vast majority of these questions will be answered. While reading the Words of God, if I had any "problems", I simply prayed. There were only a very few questions which I did not receive the answer for, these questions I do not discuss.

I guess for an agnostic or an atheist it is rather easy to question the validity of the Words of God. But I understand that they were written by men, and men make mistakes. However God has insured that the Books are filled with the Truth, the only problem seems to be that every man wants to make his own interpretations. This is the origin of the conflicts of religions.

If you have a question, and I do not know the answer, I ask God. There have been a few cases where I do not get an answer back, however it always seems that the answer would have been meaningless anyway. For example: "Which son lay on the altar of Abraham to be sacrificed"?(This was one of the questions that I asked God that was not answered.) Jews say Isaac, Muslims say Ishmael, Bible says Isaac. But does it even matter? Mankind constantly causes conflict, just so one can say to the other: "I am right and you are wrong". I do not care which son laid there, do you?

Ah, a "no" would have been sufficient. Thanks for the reply.

Sleepr

Usually lurking.
If you have a question, and I do not know the answer, I ask God.

I had a moment, so I thought I'd ask a question or two. You claim to have a direct audience with the source of truth. So, If you don't mind, please discuss these with your source.

1. Who wrote the Gospel according to Matthew?

2. Who wrote the Gospel according to Mark?

3. Who wrote the Gospel according to Luke?

3. If the writings were inspired by divinity, why do we find partial rather than complete concordance within the triple tradition?

4. Futhermore, if the writings are divine, why the double tradition that doesn't include Mark?

5. What about the Gospel according to John, why the highest Christology in the Gospel which was written last?

6. Who wrote the Gospel according to John?

Oh and maybe these too, since you'll already be on topic with your source:

7. Why did the God of the OT require the killing of other living things as sacrifice for remission of sin?

8. What compelled the OT God to initiate the new covenant? Did that God decide that blood and the smell of burnt offerings was no longer pleasing?

I didn't elaborate as to my intent within my questions. I assume that with your source's credentials, they will know why i'm asking the questions I am, and thus, you'll just be a conveyance. Thanks again in advance.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Have you ever heard the saying: "There is no such thing as bad publicity"? By me not posting in a year, and yet on the first day I post he/she remembers me, and takes his/her time to let me know that, it justifies my time spent here. My task here is not to get you to "like" me. I do not care if you have a positive or negative opinion of me, as this does not effect me.

I have heard this saying, and I've always heard it in relation to people who were held in very low esteem.

Contrary to what you think, people's opinions do affect you. For example, if I can show that everything you have said so far is a direct result of an undeserved sense of divine attention, people will be less likely to listen to you.

My task is to provide the Truth to people that seek it, I can give you the Truth, but I cannot make you accept it. Once I provide you with the Truth, my mission is a success! You can make all the hateful or negative comments you want, it is of no importance.(You seriously cannot think this is the only forum I post on, or that I have not seen my fair share of hate or ignorance.)

It's kind of a silly mission, then. A mission that has zero impact is referred to as "a waste of time" in most circles. You may be succeeding in your mission parameters, but what's the point if nobody listens?

I'd like to clear up that I have said nothing hateful. I have merely pointed out the obvious - nobody has any reason to believe that you have any access to "The Truth". You have zero evidence and zero qualifications. Anybody could do exactly what you're doing now.

Look at your post for example, why make the comment? This thread was put here to answer questions about God, yet you have no question, but you post anyway. There are quite a few people that post in ignorance thinking that they will somehow degrade me or make me depressed.(This actually is entertaining, although that may be in an evil way, I am still a man and yes I still sin.) I want to help YOU, but you will not help yourself. If you do not have a question about God, why post?

I wouldn't want others to be deceived by you. If you want to believe that you're the holy mouthpiece of god, I don't care until you come here trying to spread your ideas.

I do not know how old you are but I am 40, and I can tell you that our physical life is extremely short. Why waste your time here in this thread with me, am I that important to you? Please, life is so short, ENJOY it! :)

Don't be a hypocrite. If you're going to accuse me of posting because you're so important to me, let me ask you: why are you responding to me? Am I that important to you?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hello all :)

I am the author of the book: "Understanding the Truth about God". If you have any questions about God, please feel free to ask and I will provide you with the Truth. The only thing that I ask is that the question should be in reference to God and not in reference to a religious topic. I am not religious,(Religious being defined as a: "member of a religion") although I do accept the reality of God.
I'm wondering what qualifies you to tell me about God. You say that when you read the scriptures and have questions, you take them to God and He answers them. Well, so do I. I'm just wondering why you wouldn't just suggest that we all do as you do and ask God himself instead of you.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I meant the man whose sperm you were made of.

1. Fix your car, why not live within God's Plan and fix your life? Then maybe you can have many cars and you won't have to worry about fixing one. God is not mean, He is Just, but not mean.

2. As a human being we are curious. Curiosity is a sign of intelligence as it means that we are seeking knowledge and wisdom on a topic. You are here because you are curious or God has encouraged you to be here. Either way I will do the best i can to answer your questions.

There is nothing wrong with my life, sir. Nothing that god could fix at any rate. Unless he can force people to give me scholarships or bring humans and animals back from the dead.

The initial reason why I came here was because I thought it would be funny when I got banned. It wasn't out of curiosity of religion. I just happened to fall into friendship with some of the members here, and didn't get banned. I first mistook this site as one of those sites where everyone tells me I'm stupid and going to hell because I don't believe in god. But really most people here don't say things like that to me.

I'm not going to ask you any more questions though, because this is getting sort of old. If there was a god, I doubt he would sit around and answer each and every one of your questions. Surely he has better things to do, like create hurricanes and deformed babies.

I appologize in advance if I might sound mean. I'm getting very close to an emotional breakdown right now due to reasons I will not talk about at this time.

TruthaboutGod

Wow...Ok...Well thank you for being honest...
[/font][/size][/color]

At no point in time has man considered it logical to believe the earth was the center of the universe, or that the earth of flat (You're forgetting it was generally Christians who thought this, and by their nature, they're not usually too keen on logic). In fact, people just thought this because they had no evidence and therefore no way of proving it at the time (Just like we have no way of proving God exists - It's a similar principle).
I fully agree with your point that logic and science are advancing. However, we have come to a time where we have a system that is great enough to sufficiently catagorise any infinity paradox as impossible.

Ok, assuming you consider God to be a personal entity that is literally sentient, let's also assume your condition of omnipotence. God can create literally anything and everything (Fair enough). Therefore, God can create an object which he cannot destroy. And God must also be omnipotent at all times placing no restrictions on his own omnipotence. Can you explain this one for me?

I understand that my stance is rather single-sided, but please understand I am not trying to undermine your supposed authority on God, rather, I am trying to understand how your 'Truth' can literally be so.

GhK.

Actually I am a little confused as to the exact question. Are you asking that if God creates an object that He cannot destroy then He is not God? If this is the question then it would be prudent to understand that what is Created can be destroyed. I will use an example from the book that explains this, as it pertains to humans:

What is God?
Before giving you the mathematical explanation or definition of God,(Which is the easiest way I can explain God.) we first must look at what mankind knows of his(mankind's) existence and his surroundings. Everything in our plane of existence is made up of energy, mostly in the form of atoms. There are subatomic particles, as well as other forms of energy that mankind is unaware of yet,(Such as Dark Matter, and other Quantum) however for the purpose of this book these are of no concern to us, at this time.

An atom is simply a bit of energy, more of a “Building Block” of everything in our current existence. Everything that you can perceive, using any of your five senses is made of this energy,(Which is atomic) without exception. Every sense that mankind has; touch, taste, hearing, seeing, and smelling, all work off of the perception of atoms. Rocks, trees, the sun, the moon, your family pet, yourself, are all made up of atoms. Atoms are God’s “Building Blocks” of existence.(The existence that mankind can perceive) Mankind has only scratched the surface of atomic manipulation and has therefore not really yet understood the true potential of the “Building Blocks” of God.

As an example of this, let us look at what man has excelled at: “destruction”, and what man is failing at: “construction”. Mankind has learned how to split the nucleus of an atom with a neutron to cause a nuclear explosion, however man has failed to solve an easier task, such as curing cancer.(At least this is what we are lead to believe.) There is more money in “destruction”, however there is more power in “construction”. This is a Truth that mankind still refuses to except. Curing cancer can easily be achieved by examining the atomic composition of a piece of normal flesh, comparing it with the atomic

As you can see, anything that God creates can be destroyed. Most of the things that He has created, that we know of, is atomic, and we already know how to use atoms to destroy things. It is believed that you cannot destroy matter, however if matter has been created, then you can destroy it. Maybe mankind has not figured out how yet, but it can be done, even if it can only be done by God.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
facepalm_statue.jpg

Anyone who really claims to know "God" or any other concept of the divine really doesn't know it.

TruthaboutGod

I had a moment, so I thought I'd ask a question or two. You claim to have a direct audience with the source of truth. So, If you don't mind, please discuss these with your source.

1. Who wrote the Gospel according to Matthew?

2. Who wrote the Gospel according to Mark?

3. Who wrote the Gospel according to Luke?

3. If the writings were inspired by divinity, why do we find partial rather than complete concordance within the triple tradition?

4. Futhermore, if the writings are divine, why the double tradition that doesn't include Mark?

5. What about the Gospel according to John, why the highest Christology in the Gospel which was written last?

6. Who wrote the Gospel according to John?

Oh and maybe these too, since you'll already be on topic with your source:

7. Why did the God of the OT require the killing of other living things as sacrifice for remission of sin?

8. What compelled the OT God to initiate the new covenant? Did that God decide that blood and the smell of burnt offerings was no longer pleasing?

I didn't elaborate as to my intent within my questions. I assume that with your source's credentials, they will know why i'm asking the questions I am, and thus, you'll just be a conveyance. Thanks again in advance.

Woah, most of the questions you are asking are in reference to religion. Questions 1 through 6 deal with what man wrote which book, these are questions about man, not about God. God did not require burnt offerings, burnt offerings were accepted as piety. I will use some scripture here to explain:

Isaiah 1:11–14
To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me? Says the Lord. “I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs or goats.
When you come to appear before Me, who has required this from your hand, to trample my courts?
Bring no more futile sacrifices; incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies – I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.
Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My Soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.
*The presentation of piety is futile for the wicked. Also note that God states: "My Soul hates", showing both that God is/has a Soul, and God does "hate". Many feel that God does not know hate, but I tell you God is a Just God and has Knowledge of everything, and that includes hate.*
Hosea 6:6
“For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more then burnt offerings.”
*For you to learn about God, is pleasing to God.*

Amos 5:21-22
I hate, I despise your feast days, And I do not savor your sacred assemblies.
Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them, Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings.
*The presentation of piety is futile for the wicked.*

Psalm 51:16
For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
*David understands that God does not need sacrifices.*

Surah 22:37
It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that you may glorify Allah for His guidance to you: and proclaim the Good News to all who do right.
*The act of sacrificing something that is meaningful to you; this is the piety that reaches God. Is not a donation of money sacrificing something that is meaningful to you?*

TruthaboutGod

I have heard this saying, and I've always heard it in relation to people who were held in very low esteem.

Contrary to what you think, people's opinions do affect you. For example, if I can show that everything you have said so far is a direct result of an undeserved sense of divine attention, people will be less likely to listen to you.

It's kind of a silly mission, then. A mission that has zero impact is referred to as "a waste of time" in most circles. You may be succeeding in your mission parameters, but what's the point if nobody listens?

I'd like to clear up that I have said nothing hateful. I have merely pointed out the obvious - nobody has any reason to believe that you have any access to "The Truth". You have zero evidence and zero qualifications. Anybody could do exactly what you're doing now.

I wouldn't want others to be deceived by you. If you want to believe that you're the holy mouthpiece of god, I don't care until you come here trying to spread your ideas.

Don't be a hypocrite. If you're going to accuse me of posting because you're so important to me, let me ask you: why are you responding to me? Am I that important to you?

1. I feel you are mistaken. My esteem is meaningless, whether it is high or low, this does not change the Truth.
2. People's opinions do not effect me as they are just opinions, how do you feel that your opinion will matter to me?
3. Whether people listen or do not listen, it is meaningless:

Surah 5:99
The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the message. But Allah knows all that you reveal and you conceal.
*Their is no other responsibility, but to speak the Truth.*
Surah 29:18
“And if you reject the message, so did the generations before you: and the duty of the Messenger is only to preach publicly and clearly.”
*Many were those before you that rejected the Truth, and many of those after you will do so as well.*
Matthew 23:34 (Jesus speaking)
"Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,"
*Mankind mostly rejects the Teachers that God provides.*
4. I have been on many atheist boards and have experienced hate beyond what you would understand, yet you feel that after years of this hate, you will show me something new?
5. Yes you are important to me, I am responding because YOU posted questions in this thread.(I have never posted in a thread you have started.) I know your type, and yet I still answer your questions. You claim to be an atheist, yet you come to a religious forum and try to tell people that I am wrong because an atheist says so... Really? Think about that, you truly are not an atheist if you are asking questions about God, so then why deceive? If you truly are an atheist and fell that you cannot find others that share your denial, I can help with that as well. Simply ask for the atheist board and I will provide you with ten, if not twenty. I am simply trying to help you, but you must be honest with yourself first. Did you have a question about God?

P.S. Do you not feel it is ignorant for an atheist to take part in a discussion about God? It simply shows immaturity, you want people that accept the reality of God to tolerate you, but YOU refuse to tolerate them. It would seem that it is your self esteem that needs checked. I am not being hateful, I am simply speaking the Truth. I was in your shoes for 38 years, so I know what you are going through, but I show no mercy, because you have the power to change it. God forgives ignorance again and again, for me, I cannot find a way to do that. Yes, I am a sinner, as I cannot forgive ignorance.

P.P.S. If you need those URL's to the atheist boards let me know and I will look them up for you.

TruthaboutGod

I'm wondering what qualifies you to tell me about God. You say that when you read the scriptures and have questions, you take them to God and He answers them. Well, so do I. I'm just wondering why you wouldn't just suggest that we all do as you do and ask God himself instead of you.

I do heavily suggest that in the book. In fact let me do a little copy and paste from the book to show this :)

Was the answer not good enough for me? No, the answer was good enough for me, however it will not be good enough for mankind. The majority of mankind is in itself ignorant, it will believe what is convenient for him and throw away what he does not find convenient to his own cause, personal belief, or what he was taught by his neighbor. It does not matter what the Truth is, they just will not accept it. This was even taught to us in
2 Peter 3:16
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which UNTAUGHT and UNSTABLE people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
*Untaught and unstable people twist the Truth about God to their own destruction. Maybe they do this because they have no direction to begin with, or they simply do not listen.*

Therefore I claim no responsibility to convince anyone of the Truth, as it is your responsibility to have your own relationship with God, and to understand the Truth which God Himself is more then willing to show you. Although this may seem a little rude, it was made clear to me of my task, and my task is only to convey, not to convince.
Surah 5:99
The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the message. But Allah knows all that you reveal and you conceal.
*Their is no other responsibility, but to speak the Truth.*

and here...

You must be careful however, too much wisdom may lead you too madness. What you are doing now is reading words in a book, gaining evermore knowledge about God. There is a beginning to this book and there is an end, therefore there is a finite amount of knowledge that you can learn from this book or any book, this includes the Bible and the Qur’an. Think of the Bible and the Qur’an as your “introduction” to God. You must yourself speak with God through prayer to gain more wisdom, wisdom that you simply cannot learn in a book. When you turn to God and get this increased amount of knowledge and wisdom, be advised that this comes with increased responsibility.

Judgment

Hi Theodore (TruthaboutGod)...

Where others see a Blaze of light - I see Submission and my way is the only way. I see a God that has set a seal on my heart and my ears and my eyes so that I am unable to learn the truth - This God prevents me from Understanding.

Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this, and over their ears, deafness, if thou callest them to guidance, even then will they never accept guidance. (18:57)

I do not believe that Prophet Muhammed and Islam are perfect and beyond reproach.. That makes me an Unbeliever in Allah’s eyes and my fate has been set.

Above all, Unbelievers of the lessons of this God are in for one Hell of a painful ride when they leave this plane of existence.

Because I am an Unbeliever, I am the worst of beasts....

YUSUFALI: For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe.
PICKTHAL: Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.
SHAKIR: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

Because I am an Unbeliever, Allah does not love me....

YUSUFALI: That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of his Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: That He may reward out of His bounty those who believe and do good works. Lo! He loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance).
SHAKIR: That He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.

Because I am an Unbeliever and Allah does not love me - this is to be my fate.....

YUSUFALI: Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

My question to you, the one with Gods ear, - Why should anyone follow such a cruel God - one that does not love them - one that will punish them for all of eternity... simply because they do not understand ?

TruthaboutGod

Hi Theodore (TruthaboutGod)...

Where others see a Blaze of light - I see Submission and my way is the only way. I see a God that has set a seal on my heart and my ears and my eyes so that I am unable to learn the truth - This God prevents me from Understanding.

Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this, and over their ears, deafness, if thou callest them to guidance, even then will they never accept guidance. (18:57)

I do not believe that Prophet Muhammed and Islam are perfect and beyond reproach.. That makes me an Unbeliever in Allah’s eyes and my fate has been set.

Above all, Unbelievers of the lessons of this God are in for one Hell of a painful ride when they leave this plane of existence.

Because I am an Unbeliever, I am the worst of beasts....

YUSUFALI: For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe.
PICKTHAL: Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.
SHAKIR: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.

Because I am an Unbeliever, Allah does not love me....

YUSUFALI: That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of his Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: That He may reward out of His bounty those who believe and do good works. Lo! He loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance).
SHAKIR: That He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.

Because I am an Unbeliever and Allah does not love me - this is to be my fate.....

YUSUFALI: Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

My question to you, the one with Gods ear, - Why should anyone follow such a cruel God - one that does not love them - one that will punish them for all of eternity... simply because they do not understand ?

All this boils down to your statement: "I am unable to learn the truth". This does confuse me a little as you quoted the Qur'an many times, in fact many of the quotes are in the book I wrote, here is an example:

However once you have been warned that you must make a choice between righteousness and wickedness, choose wisely and do not act “ignorant” as can be seen in
Surah 8:22
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb, - those who do not understand.
*God gives mankind constant knowledge and wisdom; Is it not then Just for God to reject those that transgress, even when given the Truth?*

Surah 8:55
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: they will not believe.
*They will not believe because they are deaf and dumb! This is their own choice, not a disability!*

Do you feel that Surah 8:22 and Surah 8:55 contradict one another? Surah 8:22 states that the worst is those that do not understand and Surah 8:55 states that those who do not believe are the worst. I tell you the one that does not believe is the same one that does not understand, because if you truly understand God then it is impossible to deny His existence.

In order to help you, I would need to know why you feel that you cannot learn the Truth? It must be a limit that you set on yourself as you "do" have the ability. Ignorance is one of the most common and dangerous things that mankind practices. If you read the Words of God you will also see that ignorance is one of the most forgiven transgressions.

Sleepr

Usually lurking.
Woah, most of the questions you are asking are in reference to religion. Questions 1 through 6 deal with what man wrote which book, these are questions about man, not about God. God did not require burnt offerings, burnt offerings were accepted as piety. I will use some scripture here to explain:

Isaiah 1:11–14...

Hosea 6:6...

Amos 5:21-22...

Psalm 51:16...

Surah 22:37...

Wait, I thought you were going to convey the answers from your source. As far as offering your interpretation of scripture, please don't bother.

Since you wish to rely on "verse mining" to answer questions, I'll do the same. Here you go, God told Moses early on...

Leviticus 1
1 The LORD called to Moses and spoke to him from the Tent of Meeting. He said, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'When any of you brings an offering to the LORD, bring as your offering an animal from either the herd or the flock.

3 " 'If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he is to offer a male without defect. He must present it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting so that it [a] will be acceptable to the LORD. 4 He is to lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it will be accepted on his behalf to make atonement for him. 5 He is to slaughter the young bull before the LORD, and then Aaron's sons the priests shall bring the blood and sprinkle it against the altar on all sides at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting. 6 He is to skin the burnt offering and cut it into pieces. 7 The sons of Aaron the priest are to put fire on the altar and arrange wood on the fire. 8 Then Aaron's sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, including the head and the fat, on the burning wood that is on the altar. 9 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.
10 " 'If the offering is a burnt offering from the flock, from either the sheep or the goats, he is to offer a male without defect. 11 He is to slaughter it at the north side of the altar before the LORD, and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle its blood against the altar on all sides. 12 He is to cut it into pieces, and the priest shall arrange them, including the head and the fat, on the burning wood that is on the altar. 13 He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of it and burn it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 14 " 'If the offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, he is to offer a dove or a young pigeon. 15 The priest shall bring it to the altar, wring off the head and burn it on the altar; its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar. 16 He is to remove the crop with its contents [b] and throw it to the east side of the altar, where the ashes are. 17 He shall tear it open by the wings, not severing it completely, and then the priest shall burn it on the wood that is on the fire on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

It's very interesting how you Dodge the bulk of my questions about the source material for your "truth". You think I'm asking about religion, I'm not. I'm asking questions about the source material you are using. My questions are aimed at having you support the veracity of your claims. You see, the books that you claim introduced you to God are written by men. Thus, they offer man's definition of God and the relationship that man is expected to have with that concept of God. You say you reject religion, that's fine, but you haven't also rejected the basis for the religions that you are rejecting.

Bottomline, you're claiming to be able to define a concept of God and what our relationship with that god is supposed to be. If that concept is based on the texts that you claim it is, then support the veracity of the information therein or speak to your source directly and have them explain these problems with the texts. It really shouldn't be hard to do if you have the Man on speed-dial. Thanks again for your time.

Judgment

All this boils down to your statement: "I am unable to learn the truth". This does confuse me a little as you quoted the Qur'an many times, in fact many of the quotes are in the book I wrote, here is an example:

However once you have been warned that you must make a choice between righteousness and wickedness, choose wisely and do not act “ignorant” as can be seen in
Surah 8:22
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb, - those who do not understand.
*God gives mankind constant knowledge and wisdom; Is it not then Just for God to reject those that transgress, even when given the Truth?*

Surah 8:55
For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: they will not believe.
*They will not believe because they are deaf and dumb! This is their own choice, not a disability!*

Do you feel that Surah 8:22 and Surah 8:55 contradict one another? Surah 8:22 states that the worst is those that do not understand and Surah 8:55 states that those who do not believe are the worst. I tell you the one that does not believe is the same one that does not understand, because if you truly understand God then it is impossible to deny His existence.

In order to help you, I would need to know why you feel that you cannot learn the Truth? It must be a limit that you set on yourself as you "do" have the ability. Ignorance is one of the most common and dangerous things that mankind practices. If you read the Words of God you will also see that ignorance is one of the most forgiven transgressions.

No Theodore, It is not that I am unable to learn the truth - it is that veils have been set - by God - that keep me from learning the truth.

Why would God do this ?

And - why then, does God not Love me ? And Why is the punishment so severe ?