• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Yes I do donate :) God did not charge me for the information He has provided, thus I do not ask you for money to answer your questions about God. As far as the book goes there is no reason to buy it, just request to read a copy at your local library. Since I just published the second edition it will take a few months to get out.(It took between 6-8 weeks for the first edition to be listed on Barnes and Noble and Amazon, and I just had the second edition published last week)

That was actually a decent answer.
icon14.gif

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Do not misunderstand, the answer to your question would be "yes", as I am sure you could learn "something". But a copy is never as good as an original, mankind has changed again and again the Words of God, which is truly depressing. Here is a copy and paste from the book that better explains the error in this activity:

Deuteronomy 4:2
“You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”
*As the word "trinity" does not exist in the Bible, this is something that has been "added" to the Bible.*
Deuteronomy 12:32
“Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.”
*Again mankind CANNOT add anything, or you fall into Judgment.*
Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.
*I have not added or subtracted one word or even a letter from either of His Three Words, will you now accept the Truth? It states that EVERY WORD of God is PURE, so who are YOU to say One Word is better then another? Hear all His Words, These are in the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Qur'an. Value One above Another, and you transgress in error.*

Revelation 22:18-19
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
*Hopefully mankind will consider this scripture before again adding something to the Bible.*

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The entire New Testament was an "addition" to the scriptures of Jesus Christ's day. It is one thing for man to add to God's word. It is another thing entirely for God to add to His own word. There is nowhere in the Bible in which He says He has said everything He intends to say. Here's what the Book of Mormon has to say on the subject:

"Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth? Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also. And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever. Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written. For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."

P.S. If you are a Mormon,(Is this what LDS means?) then be a Mormon, you will not be looked down upon by God because of a "tag" that man gives you. Read the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Qur'an, read all the Words that God has given you. If you do this will you not have more Knowledge and Wisdom about God then a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim? Each of them pick a Word and study it, is it not better to read the whole Sentence?
Yes, I am a Mormon. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We believe in embracing truth wherever it may be found. I might even consider reading your book. Would you consider reading The Book of Mormon? It, too, testifies of Jesus Christ and of God's love for all of His children.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
In a plane of Existence that God has created.

P.S. I remember this conversation from a year ago :) No, I cannot show you where I am, as I do not have a map of Existence. I do believe I was the one that stated you cannot prove where you are, do not think that I do not "practice what I preach".

If you cannot know where you are - how can you know anything more?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
1. Indeed
2. Curious that you would mention the killing of the first born, is this not what Egypt did to the Jews?(Moses) I also wonder how many Jewish slaves were murdered during the time they were in Egypt, and yet you say they were innocent? Seems like some Justice was dealt to me, yet that is my opinion.

Eye for an eye then, "You killed My people, now I am going to kill your children."

God stooped to an evil mans level.

Is God evil?

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Imagist said:
1. What is his name?
2. What is his quest?
3. What is his favorite color?
4. What is the capital of Assyria?
5. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
1. God
2. To Create
3. Never asked, and will not, as this has no bearing on your acceptance of the Truth. You are an atheist playing word games, if you want me to play the word game with you, please ask questions that pertain to God.
4. Strange you would ask me a question that you can find for yourself, Google it. Here is a link, if you need help:
WikiAnswers - What was the capital of ancient Assyria
5. Again google it, yet again I will help you:
style.org > Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

Copied and pasted to my personal archives for the amusement of posterity.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
1. Actually... this is not a question about God, however would I be allowed to make a statement?

Mass cannot be destroyed,(By Man) it can only be converted to energy. A "conversion" does not equal a "destruction", or do you feel that when water is converted to ice, the water is destroyed? Check out some science facts that mankind has discovered, and you will see that indeed entire galaxies, over time, are converted to new galaxies. Our sun when it burns out, will eventually become a new sun yet again.

I'll just point out that I've already responded to this criticism:

I put the word "destroyed" in quotes specifically because I was using it inexactly. However, the term is appropriate because it is a term commonly used in the scientific literature on the subject.

Law of conservation of mass: mass cannot be created or destroyed.
Law of conservation of mass/energy: mass/energy cannot be created or destroyed.

A born again sun... Sound familiar? I will state that this energy conversion was part of the intelligent design by God, but, as an atheist, I am sure you will disagree.

And I will continue to disagree until you provide a single shred of evidence for your claims.

I do think it is ignorant for religious people to fight against scientists. Scientists are always in search of the Truth, and they will do everything they can to prove it. If they search for the Truth, should we not then support them instead of fighting against them? Copy and paste from the book:

A recent discovery was made that shows that all of mankind that are living today have descended from one man, scientists call this the "scientific Adam". The time that this individual is said to have existed is estimated to be around 60,000 years ago, and lived someplace in Africa. This was supposedly proved through DNA testing. What I found to be truly amazing is that scientists cannot come up with any decent theories of what happened to all the other "early men" that had roamed the earth. These others were removed from existence, and to the best of our knowledge, have become extinct.

What I find amazing is that you think that there were other "early men". Where do you get your evidence for this claim?

The whole point of the study is that the speciation which created humans occurred in a small gene pool (as speciation often does), in this case, a gene pool descended entirely from one man. Anyone not descended from that man wasn't an "early man".

In any case, even if there were other "early men", no scientist would waste time with what happened to them unless something unique happened that's of interest. As is, the solution is trivial and not worth writing a book or article about: they would have been eaten by predators, starved to death, or both. Nature isn't always original in the ways it wipes out populations.

P.S. Those that search for the Truth should always be supported, call them a scientist or whatever. In fact I support them myself, am I not here providing the Truth? Am I not here supporting those that are looking for the Truth? And man thinks God works in mysterious ways... Ignorance indeed!

I appreciate your support for the sciences, but I really don't think you understand them at all. What you are providing isn't truth in a scientific sense (or any other sense). You're merely pulling it out of your head, with some minor support from unreliable ancient texts. Like it or not, scientific methodology directly contradicts yours.

TruthaboutGod

Of course not :) If your God really does exist it doesn't change his divinity just because he can't do everything. That doesn't make God not God, it just makes him not Omnipotent. I can understand the potence you describe, however. That seems more reasonable. That clears up my issue with omnipotence. Thank you for your time on the matter.

Well...Thank you...
I'm used to theistic ignorance. I guess if you believe God is as simple as theists believe then understanding and reasoning complex arguments is a useless skill.
However, it is not for me to say whether somebody is ignorant, as my atheism is a characteristic which you would generally consider to be incredibly ignorant.
Ignorance, like intelligence, is subjective.

Another couple of questions then:
1) Does God have a physical body/form? By which I mean, is God is simply a spirit/soul, or is man literally 'In God's image' as in form.
2) What about the Trinity? I know it's a religious topic but it's still an issue.
3) If God does have a physical form, where does God 'live'. I understand the questioning is based on a mortal level of reasoning but nevertheless, a physical form must occupy a relative physical space.
4) Can you elaborate further on the topic of your communication with God? You've said that he doesn't literally come down and talk to you face-to-face, and that he doesn't literally put voices in your head, so what does happen? You mentioned inspiration. Can you be a little more specific?

GhK.

1. (From the book)

An atom is simply a bit of energy, more of a “Building Block” of everything in our current existence. Everything that you can perceive, using any of your five senses is made of this energy,(Which is atomic) without exception. Every sense that mankind has; touch, taste, hearing, seeing, and smelling, all work off of the perception of atoms. Rocks, trees, the sun, the moon, your family pet, yourself, are all made up of atoms. Atoms are God’s “Building Blocks” of existence.(The existence that mankind can perceive) Mankind has only scratched the surface of atomic manipulation and has therefore not really yet understood the true potential of the “Building Blocks” of God.

(Explaining the Big Bang and atoms)

That mass continually expanded and still expands today. After an amount of time God created life out of atoms.(Life as in your body, or as in physical life, not the Soul.) Think of an atom as a grain of sand. You can go to the beach and get wet sand and create an image of anything you desire. An atom is God’s “grain of sand” in which He uses to create, in our existence, what He desires.

God does not have a physical form, however due to the ability of unlimited energy manipulation, God may take any physical form that He desires or chooses; whether it be a Burning Bush, a man, or any other form of existence that we may or may not recognize. God is also “sexless” and does not have a penis or vagina, which are nothing more then physical human reproductive organs.

2. (C&P from book)

The holy trinity? Unfortunately this does not exist, although it sounds like a cool idea. The common belief of this “holy trinity” is that it consists of three separate, yet intertwined, pieces. God is one, Jesus is the second and the “Holy Spirit” is third, thus: The Father, The Son, and the “Holy Ghost”. In Truth “God” does exist, and His “Son”(Mankind) does exist, however the “Holy Spirit” is actually of God. God is a “Spirit” of Pure Energy in His natural form. Although God is truly formless, when you see Him in Heaven, He will appear as a Spirit of Pure Energy, or any other Form that He desires. By the way, this is not an “atomic energy”, but a Pure Energy that is, so far, unknown to mankind.

I know that this whole “trinity” thing sounds like a good idea, however if you search the entire Old Testament, and the entire New Testament you will not find it even mentioned once. This means that this is a thing that mankind has “added” to God. I do not want to sound “hateful” or condescending about this type of activity, so I will let the Bible speak on this topic:
Deuteronomy 4:2
“You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.”
*As the word "trinity" does not exist in the Bible, this is something that has been "added" to the Bible.*

Deuteronomy 12:32
“Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it.”
*Again mankind CANNOT add anything, or you fall into Judgment.*

Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words, Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

3. The answer to question one addresses this question.

4. This is going to be a little difficult, if you have not experienced it, it would be hard to understand. If a rabid dog was let loose and it started to chase you, as soon as you saw it, you would have an overwhelming inspiration to run.(I believe this is called "Fight or Flight") It is this inspiration that I feel when God speaks to me. Not an inspiration to run, but that mental state of: "an immediate and deliberate action is needed". Kind of like God demanding my attention. At first is was rather frightful, and being an agnostic, I really had a hard time with it. However I had witnessed Signs, nothing major, just small things here and there, and even these I tried to ignore. However when other family members started to notice things, I simply followed the inspirations. I know it sounds kind of weird I guess, but that is the answer to your question.

TruthaboutGod

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The entire New Testament was an "addition" to the scriptures of Jesus Christ's day. It is one thing for man to add to God's word. It is another thing entirely for God to add to His own word. There is nowhere in the Bible in which He says He has said everything He intends to say. Here's what the Book of Mormon has to say on the subject:

"Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth? Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also. And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever. Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written. For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."

Yes, I am a Mormon. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We believe in embracing truth wherever it may be found. I might even consider reading your book. Would you consider reading The Book of Mormon? It, too, testifies of Jesus Christ and of God's love for all of His children.

I cannot say yes or no in reference to the book that you read, as I have not read it. Since I cannot lie, I must say that I have no interest in reading anything other then what God has directed me too. Hopefully you will not take this as a rude answer, I just have no interest.

P.S. Please do not forget that most Christians(Some Christians are more hateful then atheists) trash me because I state that Jesus is "A" Son of God, and not "The" Son of God. Since the Mormon religion is realted to Christians,(Correct me if I am wrong) does your religion as well feel that Jesus is/was God?

P.P.S. Always search for the Truth, God does not care what religous tag mankind has given you.

TruthaboutGod

If you cannot know where you are - how can you know anything more?

1. Because I know Him:

Jeremiah 9:23-24
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the WISE man glory in his wisdom, let not the MIGHTY man glory in his might, nor the RICH man in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this, That he UNDERSTANDS and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising loving-kindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord.
*In knowing and understanding God, you are already WISE, MIGHTY, and RICH.*

TruthaboutGod

What is 'God'?

1. Copy and paste from the Book:

God is at the top of the chain of Life and thus:

God = (M * I) +S This may also be written as:
God = (M∞ * I∞) +S (Although they both have the same result.)

Notice there is no mention of atoms here, as atoms are God’s Building Blocks and NOT what God is made of. (The Energy that God consists of is a Pure form that is unknown to Humans.)
M∞ = an infinite(without restriction) ability to manipulate energy.(Atomic or otherwise)
I∞ = an infinite(without restriction) Intelligence or an unlimited capacity of intelligence. (It is obvious that since God created Existence, God has full knowledge of everything in that Existence)
S = Soul

Yes, God does have a “Soul”, (Or rather IS a Soul) this is not what we typically see as a Soul though. Christians confuse the “Holy Spirit” as a separate entity, but truly the “Holy Spirit” is God’s Soul in Itself. If you feel that you are confused on this topic, let us look at the words of Jesus,
John 4:24 (Jesus speaking)
"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
*God is (a) Spirit.*

John 5:26 (Jesus speaking)
"For as the Father has Life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have Life in Himself."
*The Essence that God consists of, is the same Essence that a man's Soul consists of.*

TruthaboutGod

Eye for an eye then, "You killed My people, now I am going to kill your children."

God stooped to an evil mans level.

Is God evil?

1. Evil is an opinion, I feel that the action taken was Just. Evil can be defined as sinful, sinful can be defined as anything that goes against God's Plan. The people of Egypt were sinful, and Justice was dealt.

TruthaboutGod

I'll just point out that I've already responded to this criticism:

And I will continue to disagree until you provide a single shred of evidence for your claims.

What I find amazing is that you think that there were other "early men". Where do you get your evidence for this claim?

The whole point of the study is that the speciation which created humans occurred in a small gene pool (as speciation often does), in this case, a gene pool descended entirely from one man. Anyone not descended from that man wasn't an "early man".

In any case, even if there were other "early men", no scientist would waste time with what happened to them unless something unique happened that's of interest. As is, the solution is trivial and not worth writing a book or article about: they would have been eaten by predators, starved to death, or both. Nature isn't always original in the ways it wipes out populations.

I appreciate your support for the sciences, but I really don't think you understand them at all. What you are providing isn't truth in a scientific sense (or any other sense). You're merely pulling it out of your head, with some minor support from unreliable ancient texts. Like it or not, scientific methodology directly contradicts yours.

1. The only question I could find was: Where did you get this evidence of "early men"?
DNA evidence indicates that modern humans originated in East Africa about 200,000 years ago. Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the forelimbs (arms) for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species. Humans are distributed worldwide, with large populations inhabiting every continent on Earth except Antarctica. The human population on Earth is greater than 6.7 billion, as of July, 2008.

Credit goes to:

History Simplified:Cave Men

Judgment

If this is in reference to your quotations fo the Qur'an above, then it is true that the ignorant will not learn the Truth, however that is also shown to us in the Bible,

Isaiah 6:9
And He said “Go and tell this people: Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.”
The ignorant will not learn the Truth, however everyone that is ignorant, is ignorant by choice. If you feel you are ignorant, then lose your ignorance, you certainly have the power to do this. For people that are not ignorant the veils will be lifted. God also Loves you and takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, (Copy and paste from the book)

Ezekiel 18:32
“For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God, “Therefore turn and live!”
*Why would God create something, then take pleasure in it's destruction? This is a trait of mankind, of wickedness, of sin, not a trait of God.*

And again in the Bible, for even more clarification, God swears by His Own Existence:
Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel
*Surely as God is Life, He takes pleasure in Life, therefore live and do not set your eyes on your own destruction.*

The wicked that turn righteous shall live, the righteous that turn wicked shall die,

Ezekiel 33:17-19
Yet the children of your people say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ But it is their way which is not fair!
When the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, he shall die because of it.
“But when the wicked turns from his wickedness and does what is lawful and right, he shall live because of it."
*Who are the created to judge the Creator?*
You called me ignorant - but - you did not answer my questions.

It is said that Allah could bring every soul guidance.

If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance (32:13)

Yet.. Allah is the one that will place the doubt on those that do not Understand.

No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand (10:100)

If it is Allah that places the doubt - then - why does he not Love me for his own doing ?
And why then - does such a horrible and cruel fate await me ?

What kind of a God would have my skin burned off - only to be re-grown and burned off again and again .. so that I may feel the pain for all of eternity ?

GiantHouseKey

4. This is going to be a little difficult, if you have not experienced it, it would be hard to understand. If a rabid dog was let loose and it started to chase you, as soon as you saw it, you would have an overwhelming inspiration to run.(I believe this is called "Fight or Flight") It is this inspiration that I feel when God speaks to me. Not an inspiration to run, but that mental state of: "an immediate and deliberate action is needed". Kind of like God demanding my attention. At first is was rather frightful, and being an agnostic, I really had a hard time with it. However I had witnessed Signs, nothing major, just small things here and there, and even these I tried to ignore. However when other family members started to notice things, I simply followed the inspirations. I know it sounds kind of weird I guess, but that is the answer to your question.

'Fight or flight' as you call it (Or ASR as I call it), is associated with a chemical proccess whereby the sensory cortex (Or your Nucleus Locus Ceraleusis to be more exact) is 'shot', if you will, with neurons. I would be very interested to do neuropsychological tests to see how exactly your brain reacts, but as we do not know eachother then I am assured that it is highly improbable.

Back to your post, I don't see anything particularly 'weird' with the concept of irregular psychological activity. In fact, I very often experience what you would call 'inspiration'. So I know exactly what you mean, although I think our experiences are very different.

I imagine it would be difficult for you to understand how I could perceive a religious psychoactive experience to be anything other than God. The reverse it true for me.

Thank you for your time

GhK.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
1. The only question I could find was: Where did you get this evidence of "early men"?
DNA evidence indicates that modern humans originated in East Africa about 200,000 years ago. Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the forelimbs (arms) for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species. Humans are distributed worldwide, with large populations inhabiting every continent on Earth except Antarctica. The human population on Earth is greater than 6.7 billion, as of July, 2008.

Credit goes to:

History Simplified:Cave Men

... which in no way proves that the "scientific Adam" had human contemporaries.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
1. Evil is an opinion, I feel that the action taken was Just. Evil can be defined as sinful, sinful can be defined as anything that goes against God's Plan. The people of Egypt were sinful, and Justice was dealt.

So it was "Just" to arrange circumstances so that innocent, yes innocent, children were killed?

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
—Isaiah 45:7