• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a question about God?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
1. Because I know Him:

Jeremiah 9:23-24
Thus says the Lord: “Let not the WISE man glory in his wisdom, let not the MIGHTY man glory in his might, nor the RICH man in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this, That he UNDERSTANDS and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising loving-kindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord.
*In knowing and understanding God, you are already WISE, MIGHTY, and RICH.*

Re-read my question ;)

Not why, but how.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I cannot say yes or no in reference to the book that you read, as I have not read it. Since I cannot lie, I must say that I have no interest in reading anything other then what God has directed me too. Hopefully you will not take this as a rude answer, I just have no interest.
No, I don't see it as rude at all. It does surprise me, though, because you seem to be a person who would want to gain all of the knowledge about God you could. And if the Book of Mormon were to have been as God-breathed as the Bible, I would think you would want to see what it has to say. 13 million people worldwide do see it as inspired of God. It wouldn't matter whether it was 13 people or 130 million people. That's not the point. It just strikes me as odd that you "have no interest."

P.S. Please do not forget that most Christians(Some Christians are more hateful then atheists) trash me because I state that Jesus is "A" Son of God, and not "The" Son of God. Since the Mormon religion is realted to Christians,(Correct me if I am wrong) does your religion as well feel that Jesus is/was God?
We are a Christian denomination, but we are not trinitarians (which is essentially what your question implies). We don't believe that the Father and the Son are "co-equal" and "co-eternal." We believe them to be two distinct beings and we are thoroughly subordinationist in our understanding of the Son's relationship to the Father. We also believe that all human beings are sons and daughters of God. Jesus Christ, however, was God's "Only Begotten," which sets Him apart from everyone else who has ever lived.

P.P.S. Always search for the Truth, God does not care what religous tag mankind has given you.
I do. And I appreciate the fact that you seem to be a pretty non-judgmental guy. :yes:

Last edited:

TruthaboutGod

You called me ignorant - but - you did not answer my questions.

It is said that Allah could bring every soul guidance.

If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance (32:13)

Yet.. Allah is the one that will place the doubt on those that do not Understand.

No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand (10:100)

If it is Allah that places the doubt - then - why does he not Love me for his own doing ?
And why then - does such a horrible and cruel fate await me ?

What kind of a God would have my skin burned off - only to be re-grown and burned off again and again .. so that I may feel the pain for all of eternity ?

You called me ignorant - but - you did not answer my questions.

It is said that Allah could bring every soul guidance.

If We had so willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance (32:13)

Yet.. Allah is the one that will place the doubt on those that do not Understand.

No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand (10:100)

If it is Allah that places the doubt - then - why does he not Love me for his own doing ?
And why then - does such a horrible and cruel fate await me ?

What kind of a God would have my skin burned off - only to be re-grown and burned off again and again .. so that I may feel the pain for all of eternity ?

1. Well what has happened here is that the text you quoted is taken out of perspective. Look at the text in 32:12. (This is right before the scripture you quoted.)

If only you could see when the guilty ones will bend low their heads before the Lord, (Saying:) "Our Lord! We have seen and we have heard: now then send us back to the world: we will work righteousness: for we do indeed now believe.

As you can see 32:13 is a continuation of 32:12. What is truly awesome is that this is showing what? Remember I have explained that God's Greatest Gift to mankind is Freedom. As you can see the people in 32:12 were rebellious, however when they saw the Truth, they asked God to send them back so that they may work in righteousness. However God did NOT violate their Freedom by forcing the people to believe.(As he does not force you to accept Him either.) This is what is stated in 32:13 If God had so willed, He could have brought every Soul to true guidance.(Forced them to accept Him.)

2. Again let us look at the scripture before. Surah 10:99 is right before your quote of Surah 10:100.

If it had been your Lord's Will, they would all have believed, - all who are on earth! Will you then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?

Again this shows you that God will not violate that Gift which He has given you. All the atheists, the false religions, the satan worshippers that worship satan of their own choice, all of them, regardless of their transgressions, still have Freedom. What 10:100 is showing you is that you are not forced to believe, and you are also not forced to deny, thus "No Soul can believe, except by the will of God. It was God's Will that you have this Freedom, He will taken take it from you even if you deny till the day of your physical death.

3. God does Love you, that is why you have Freedom. I am assuming that "horrible and cruel fate" is a reference to Hell. People are sent there because they rebelled against God. Remember, Heaven is with God, Hell is without God. If you spend your whole life living against God's Plan, lets be honest, why would you want to be with Him in Spirit? Would you not desire Hell as you lived that way your whole life, you can't magically changed your mind when you are face to face with Him. That is why I cannot encourage you either way, you can go to Heaven, or you can go to Hell, I don't care. My task is to provide you with the Truth. Of course I would rather you go to Heaven, but I will not push you, beg you, or threaten you, THAT would violate your Freedom. Since I am a man, what power do I have to violate the Freedom that He has given you?

4. Your Soul does not have skin. Hell is without God, is that not enough punishment in itself?

TruthaboutGod

'Fight or flight' as you call it (Or ASR as I call it), is associated with a chemical proccess whereby the sensory cortex (Or your Nucleus Locus Ceraleusis to be more exact) is 'shot', if you will, with neurons. I would be very interested to do neuropsychological tests to see how exactly your brain reacts, but as we do not know eachother then I am assured that it is highly improbable.

Back to your post, I don't see anything particularly 'weird' with the concept of irregular psychological activity. In fact, I very often experience what you would call 'inspiration'. So I know exactly what you mean, although I think our experiences are very different.

I imagine it would be difficult for you to understand how I could perceive a religious psychoactive experience to be anything other than God. The reverse it true for me.

Thank you for your time

GhK.[/font][/size]

1. You would like to test my brain? As long as you are paying, and there are no side effects...

TruthaboutGod

So it was "Just" to arrange circumstances so that innocent, yes innocent, children were killed?
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
—Isaiah 45:7

1. That scripture is not form the NKJV.(Which is what I read.) The word "evil" is "calamity". Although I feel that have close to the same meaning. He did create Iblis, who later rebelled and became satan, he also created mankind and we both know how that turned out. I will not argue with any point you have made.

Genesis 6:6
And the Lord was sorry that He made man on earth and He grieved in his heart.
*God does not see the future or mankind would not have existed on earth.*

TruthaboutGod

I cannot say yes or no in reference to the book that you read, as I have not read it. Since I cannot lie, I must say that I have no interest in reading anything other then what God has directed me too. Hopefully you will not take this as a rude answer, I just have no interest.[/uote]No, I don't see it as rude at all. It does surprise me, though, because you seem to be a person who would want to gain all of the knowledge about God you could. And if the Book of Mormon were to have been as God-breathed as the Bible, I would think you would want to see what it has to say. 13 million people worldwide do see it as inspired of God. It wouldn't matter whether it was 13 people or 130 million people. That's not the point. It just strikes me as odd that you "have no interest."
We are a Christian denomination, but we are not trinitarians (which is essentially what your question implies). We don't believe that the Father and the Son are "co-equal" and "co-eternal." We believe them to be two distinct beings and we are thoroughly subordinationist in our understanding of the Son's relationship to the Father. We also believe that all human beings are sons and daughters of God. Jesus Christ, however, was God's "Only Begotten," which sets Him apart from everyone else who has ever lived.

I do. And I appreciate the fact that you seem to be a pretty non-judgmental guy. :yes:

1. All religions have a spark of God. God has inspired many things. I am simply doing as God intructed, if He told me to read the Mormon book, I would buy it tommorow.
2. "not trinitarians" - Awesome.
3. Jesus had a physical body and a Spiritual Soul, in no different manner then any man. Was He created with the sperm of a man? No. Does this make Him different? Sure. What really makes Jesus seperate from other men is the massive amount of Knowledge and Wisdom that He had from God, not only that, He shared it with man, and look how He got thanked...
4. I am not the Judge and mankind should be grateful for that. My human brain simply does not have the capacity to understand how God can be so Merciful. I would have given up on mankind long ago and simply destroyed "it" and created something else? :)

MindHunter

I have a few questions.

1) How can you believe your god exists when there are conflicting views in the bible?
No man hath seen God at any time (John 1:18)
Not that any man hath seen the Father (John 6:46)
Whom no man hath seen nor can see (1 Timothy 6:16)

Granted, you can give passages showing god's existence in the bible. However, that leaves the existence of god being inconclusive. You cannot prove it because there is considerable evidence showing he doesn't exist, and you cannot disprove his existence by the passages because there is evidence he does exist. You can refute those passages somehow, and assuming you can, we then move onto the next part, the stronger evidence which you cannot refute (only way possible is to show that the refuted passages are indeed valid, and then you'd have to analyze yours the same way), is commiting the base assertion fallacy: the premise for one's argument is true because it says it's true, and you also would commit circular reasoning: god exists because god says he exists, or your conclusion is your premise for your argument.

2) Does your god have a psychological or physiological disorder or are there multiple gods?
Let me start by saying, I don't want to insult your belief. But..

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26)

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" (Genesis 3:22)

These two passages contain the usage of "us" or "our", indicating multiple persons. This does not occur often throughout the bible, so it is an inconsistency that occurs only in selected places. Thus, you cannot argue that it was the general style of writing, as it would be seen more often.

2And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3And said, My LORD, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant (Genesis 18:2-3)

This quote does not have any "us" or "our", however, god is seen running to three men, bowing to them and such. Would a god, especially one who gets jealous if not worshiped, go down on his hands and knees, bowing to three random mortal humans he created? No, he wouldn't, however, he would do this for another god/goddess/demi-god/demi-goddess.

The part about psychological or physiological disorders is this: does god have DID, auditory hallucinations or some other disorder causing him to have this, in order to account for the usage of "our" and "us"? However:
God is not a man (Numbers 23:19)
If he is not a human, nor an animal, nor any of his creations, then would it be reasonable for an all-powerful, all-knowing, creator of the universe to have some sort of disorder to cause that? I think not, as that would cause contradiction.

So, that leaves the other option: multiple gods existing. God isn't angry when he sees those men, he isn't angry when saying "us" or "our", so it seems that he doesn't mind, or possibly enjoys having multiple gods around.

3) Why does God contradict himself so much?

You shall not commit adultery (Exodus 20:14)
BUT
the LORD said to Hosea, "Go, take to yourself a wife of harlotry and have children of harlotry; for the land commits flagrant harlotry, forsaking the LORD." (Hosea 1:2)

God says don't commit adultery, but in the book of Hosea, God commands harlotry (i.e. prostitution), then later on, Hosea marries his second wife, a prostitute named Gomer, who God commanded and allowed.

Thou shall not kill (Exodus 20:13)
BUT
Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' " (Exodus 32:27)

God clearly says don't kill, then he gives the command to kill.

There are tons of other contradictions, however, why would such a perfect, all-knowing, all-powerful being have his words contradicting in the bible?

Quotes from Evil Bible Home Page , BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages. , info on Hosea and Gomer from Book of Hosea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GiantHouseKey

1. You would like to test my brain? As long as you are paying, and there are no side effects...

Haha. It's not really as clear-cut as that. For one thing, i'm a 16 year old child with no medical qualifications whatsoever. Getting approved to carry out any sort of psychological test on a member of the general public would be one thing, but trying to get approvement from a society of neurologists would be entirely another.

And then there's the obvious problem of never being able to meet you. However, chemical side effects on the brain would be nil. It's not that sort of test ;) Not that it matters, as we will never meet.

Oh well, never mind. I'm happy to live by my own conclusions for now, though. But thank you again for answering my questions. You're response has been interesting.

GhK.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Thank you for your honest answers to my questions.
You have confirmed my belief that the Abrahamic god is to human to be real.

GiantHouseKey

Oh, another question, if you would be so kind:

When God instructed you to read the Bible, what did he instruct you to read? There are hundreds of different interpretations of the Bible, and that's just in english.

I mean, some books are missed and some are included. My bible contains Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim, Deuterocanonical books, The main Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John), The book of Acts, The general epistles (James; 1,2,3 John; 1,2 Peter, Jude, Hebrews), The pauline epistles, and the book of Revelation.

My bible also contains Apocryphic texts (1,2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Esther, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, Epistle of Jeremiah, Song of the 3 Children, Story of Susanna, Idol Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasses and 1,2 Maccabees). I also own the gospel of Thomas, and would love to read the gospels according to other apostles such as Peter and James. I also own (And it's one of my favourites) the gospel of Judas.

So, from the above, what does 'God' consider to be worthy of your time?

GhK.

Last edited:

TruthaboutGod

(This post is in reference to a post by mindhunter, I could not qoute it as it made the post too long)

1. This is in reference to God in his natural Form. It is true that no man has seen Him, I do not see the conflict here. Is this a reference to God speaking to Moses through a Burning Bush?

2. But I do not say God exist because He says He exists. I state that God exists because I have communicated with Him and He has explained to me the answers to many of mankind's most difficult questions. Many of these answers are in the text in His Three Words, yet man only sees what man "wants" to see. As far as proving God exists, this goes back to the challenge that I gave to atheists, I asked them to prove to me that they could "think". After many tries they still could no do it, yet even though they cannot prove it, I do accept reality that they can think.

3. When God said this He was speaking to the Angels which are also in a Spirit(Soul) form. There is only One God.

4. O.K. I see what you did here... You quote Genesis 18:2-3. Yet, you did not quote the end of Genesis 17 in which this is a reference to Abraham. Let me help you by showing the scripture.(This is the end of 17 and the beginning of 18.)

Genesis 17: 23 through Genesis 18:5

23 So Abraham took Ishmael his son, all who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskins that very same day, as God had said to him. 24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin. 25 And Ishmael his son was thirteen years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin. 26 That very same day Abraham was circumcised, and his son Ishmael; 27 and all the men of his house, born in the house or bought with money from a foreigner, were circumcised with him.
1 Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre,[a] as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. 2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, 3 and said, “My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant. 4 Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. 5 And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant.”
They said, “Do as you have said.”

As you can see the 'Lord appeared to him"(Abraham). So he(Abraham) lifted his eyes... Notice that the "h" in He is not even capitalized, as this was not God. This is what happens when someone grabs text and does not read around it.

5. God can appear in any Form He desires. Can you not go to the beach and take wet sand and build it into anything you desire? Did God not Create our know Existence out of atoms? Atoms are God's "grains of sand". This is all in the book, however I will not quote it here as the post will be too long, I can quote if after this post if it is your desire.

6. Again you are grabbing text without actually reading the scripture... here is Hosea:

1 The word of the LORD that came to Hosea the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
2 When the LORD began to speak by Hosea, the LORD said to Hosea:
“ Go, take yourself a wife of harlotry
And children of harlotry,
For the land has committed great harlotry
By departing from the LORD.”
3 So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son. 4 Then the LORD said to him:
“ Call his name Jezreel,
For in a little while
I will avenge the bloodshed of Jezreel on the house of Jehu,
And bring an end to the kingdom of the house of Israel.
5 It shall come to pass in that day
That I will break the bow of Israel in the Valley of Jezreel.”
6 And she conceived again and bore a daughter. Then God said to him:
“ Call her name Lo-Ruhamah,[a]
For I will no longer have mercy on the house of Israel,
But I will utterly take them away.[b]
7 Yet I will have mercy on the house of Judah,
Will save them by the LORD their God,
And will not save them by bow,
Nor by sword or battle,
By horses or horsemen.”
8 Now when she had weaned Lo-Ruhamah, she conceived and bore a son. 9 Then God said:
“ Call his name Lo-Ammi,[c]
For you are not My people,
And I will not be your God.
I am sure by now, that you read it, you can see it was a punishment.

7. Here, again, you did not read. Exodus 20:13 states: 13 “You shall not murder. There is a huge difference between a "murder" and a "kill". Opposing soldiers on a battlefield "Kill". "Murder" always involves malice. The Jews, when they went into the "Promised Land" waged war and killed MANY, under the direction of God.

8. I have shown you that nothing you said shows that the Bible contradicts itself. If you have more examples, please post them. However so I can fully explain the snwers to you can you ask about three questions at a time? I had to chop this post up many times to fit under the 10,000 limit. If any of these do not sound like complete answers, please ask three or elss at a time.

TruthaboutGod

But even a creation of your own mind can tell you that it is God. How can you possibly know, beyond any sort of doubt, any line of reasoning, anything more beyond you being here and now?

This is true, any individual can create things in their mind and then claim it is real. What I cannot do with the mind is answer most(the vast majority of anyway) of the questions that mankind has of God, in no conflict with science, and with no conflict with any text in the Bible or the Qur'an.

I have no college education and went into the military right out of high school. However, for the sake of your side of the argument, let us assume that I am the most intellligent person on the face of the planet and created all these answers myself. That would still not account for the Signs of God that I have witnessed. Of course you will argue that I either made these up or I am not telling the truth. However will you also say others that have witnessed the Signs are making it all up, or creating lies about it?

As I have stated I am here to convey not convince, and I do not say that as a copout. What is my motivation for being here? Am I trying to "save" you? I do not care if you go to Heaven or Hell. Am I trying to get you to join a religion? I am not a Jew, Christian, Muslim, or whatever else mankind uses as religious tags these days. Am I here for your money? I have not asked you for money, nor will I. Am I here to promote the book and make money that way? Where have I asked you to buy the book? Would it not be much more intelligent to simply wait until it is in your local library and read it for free? I am here because this is what God asked me to do.

TruthaboutGod

When God instructed you to read the Bible, what did he instruct you to read? There are hundreds of different interpretations of the Bible, and that's just in english.

I mean, some books are missed and some are included. My bible contains Torah, Nevi'im, Ketuvim, Deuterocanonical books, The main Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John), The book of Acts, The general epistles (James; 1,2,3 John; 1,2 Peter, Jude, Hebrews), The pauline epistles, and the book of Revelation.

My bible also contains Apocryphic texts (1,2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Esther, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, Epistle of Jeremiah, Song of the 3 Children, Story of Susanna, Idol Bel and the Dragon, Prayer of Manasses and 1,2 Maccabees). I also own the gospel of Thomas, and would love to read the gospels according to other apostles such as Peter and James. I also own (And it's one of my favourites) the gospel of Judas.

GhK.

GhK.

1. This is actually a topic that really angers me. It is bad enough that mankind changes everything to what he "wants" to read. I feel like I have been robbed of seeing the original texts, lets say a few years after they were written before they were "stained". This has come up in my conversations with God and He has explained to me that any Text or Book, is simply and introduction... Actually let me copy and paste from the book, saves typing :)

You must be careful however, too much wisdom may lead you too madness. What you are doing now is reading words in a book, gaining evermore knowledge about God. There is a beginning to this book and there is an end, therefore there is a finite amount of knowledge that you can learn from this book or any book, this includes the Bible and the Qur’an. Think of the Bible and the Qur’an as your “introduction” to God. You must yourself speak with God through prayer to gain more wisdom, wisdom that you simply cannot learn in a book. When you turn to God and get this increased amount of knowledge and wisdom, be advised that this comes with increased responsibility.

2. God had me read NKJV and the Qur'an. However I did read the New Testament before reading the Old Testament, in it's entirety. I know there are books that were not included in the bible, as well as books like the Torah.(I think this is the Jewish Bible?)

3. Do not think any less of what books you read however. You must understand that ANY book is nothing more then an introduction.(To God) Please do not become like those that "bookworm" through it and end up know what the book states, and yet they comprehend nothing about God. I feel that this is the problem with religions today,(Besides man's own greed to have money or power over his neighbor) that they read the book and then think that they have a relationship with God.

4. I am probably going to burn myself here... I once asked someone who the "Pope"(I believe this is the head of the Catholic religion, if I am not mistaken) was, and they said he was the representative of Jesus on earth. My brain almost imploded, LOL. I find it very hard to believe that ANYONE would actually feel that they represent Jesus on earth. It is not like Jesus is dead and gone, it is not like Jesus cannot represent Himself. If there are any Catholics that read this I will apologize if you find this offensive, I just do not understand it.

5. I use to feel that satan was man's greatest enemy. After God had explained things to me, the greatest enemy changed to "ignorance". With the world how it is today, honestly is it religion? I will still say ignorance, however religion is fast moving up the list.

6. I do not read any books now. I have read the book in full eight or nine time and I still have to read it to understand everything. My wife has said many times that I did not write it.

P.S. If the books you are reading better help you comprehend God, I say you should spend more time reading them :)

GiantHouseKey

Thank you again for your response

1. This is actually a topic that really angers me. It is bad enough that mankind changes everything to what he "wants" to read. I feel like I have been robbed of seeing the original texts, lets say a few years after they were written before they were "stained". This has come up in my conversations with God and He has explained to me that any Text or Book, is simply and introduction... Actually let me copy and paste from the book, saves typing :)
Oh I agree entirely: The books in the bible have been completely misinterpreted throughout the years, and through translation have become even more misrepresentative of the original writings.

2. God had me read NKJV and the Qur'an. However I did read the New Testament before reading the Old Testament, in it's entirety. I know there are books that were not included in the bible, as well as books like the Torah.(I think this is the Jewish Bible?)
Sorry if I have misinterpreted what you say...You don't count the Torah as a valid religious text about God. If this is the case I have a LOT more questions. Otherwise I apologise for my misinterpretation.

3. Do not think any less of what books you read however. You must understand that ANY book is nothing more then an introduction.(To God) Please do not become like those that "bookworm" through it and end up know what the book states, and yet they comprehend nothing about God. I feel that this is the problem with religions today,(Besides man's own greed to have money or power over his neighbor) that they read the book and then think that they have a relationship with God.
Yep, we're on the same page here (Haha, pun intended). I hate it when people read some book and automatically assume they know all there is about God.

4. I am probably going to burn myself here... I once asked someone who the "Pope" [was](I believe this is the head of the Catholic religion, if I am not mistaken)
You're not mistaken :)

was, and they said he was the representative of Jesus on earth. My brain almost imploded, LOL. I find it very hard to believe that ANYONE would actually feel that they represent Jesus on earth.
Makes sense to me. Some people think the craziest things, eh?

It is not like Jesus is dead and gone, it is not like Jesus cannot represent Himself.
Sorry...You lost me...You got an address or contact number?

5. I use to feel that satan was man's greatest enemy.
There's a surprise :rolleyes:

After God had explained things to me, the greatest enemy changed to "ignorance". With the world how it is today, honestly is it religion? I will still say ignorance, however religion is fast moving up the list.
I think religion is the cause of a lot of problems in the world, but I think the top of my list still says Oil.

6. I do not read any books now.
Any particular reason?

P.S. If the books you are reading better help you comprehend God, I say you should spend more time reading them :)
Haha, I prefer to read the bible purely for the sake of enrichment rather than to obtain knowledge. My bible contains some of my favourite stories. Classics, they never get old...Especially whilst Christians still exist.

By the way, how offended would you be if I said that God was a religious topic? I mean, we are on a religious forum in a religious debate section, so you must think so too, right?
In fact, all monotheistic religions have a pretty similar idea about what constitutes a God. Judaism, Islam, Christianty...All have the concept of a personal omnimax (Usually) God. Would you be offended if I said, through what you have told me, that you were just a Christian that has read the Qur'an and hasn't been inspired, for whatever reason, to question his knowledge?
Have you ever heard about Chrislam?

GhK.

TruthaboutGod

Thank you again for your response

Oh I agree entirely: The books in the bible have been completely misinterpreted throughout the years, and through translation have become even more misrepresentative of the original writings.

Sorry if I have misinterpreted what you say...You don't count the Torah as a valid religious text about God. If this is the case I have a LOT more questions. Otherwise I apologise for my misinterpretation.

Yep, we're on the same page here (Haha, pun intended). I hate it when people read some book and automatically assume they know all there is about God.

You're not mistaken :)

Makes sense to me. Some people think the craziest things, eh?

Sorry...You lost me...You got an address or contact number?

There's a surprise :rolleyes:

I think religion is the cause of a lot of problems in the world, but I think the top of my list still says Oil.

Any particular reason?

Haha, I prefer to read the bible purely for the sake of enrichment rather than to obtain knowledge. My bible contains some of my favourite stories. Classics, they never get old...Especially whilst Christians still exist.

By the way, how offended would you be if I said that God was a religious topic? I mean, we are on a religious forum in a religious debate section, so you must think so too, right?
In fact, all monotheistic religions have a pretty similar idea about what constitutes a God. Judaism, Islam, Christianty...All have the concept of a personal omnimax (Usually) God. Would you be offended if I said, through what you have told me, that you were just a Christian that has read the Qur'an and hasn't been inspired, for whatever reason, to question his knowledge?
Have you ever heard about Chrislam?

GhK.

1. Indeed.

2. No, I was just stating that there are a lot of religious texts that I have not read. As far as the Torah goes, I have no opinion, as I have never read it. Unlike "religious" people, I will not degrade a book that I have not read. Most religious people that I have spoken to "trash" other religious texts even though they have never read them.

3. This happens more times then you think. It is more difficult for a religious person to know the Truth, then an atheist, at least this has been my experience.

4. For Jesus? The Soul of Jesus is alive and well, as is other people that have been mentioned in the Bible. Remember that your Soul is a part of God, while mankind can destroy the body, mankind has no power over the Soul. Jesus had even appeared to His disciples after His Resurrection, in body and Soul, although He did have the markings on His body. I do not really think that this is a big of a deal that most people feel it is. Simple atomic manipulation is all that is needed, and Jesus had already shown that He had this ability. In the book I have shown that there were not any true miracles as every "miracle" was nothing more then atomic manipulation.(It explains it a lot better in the book, if you want me to copy and paste. I cannot here as it will make the post too long.)

5. The book explain mankind's future energy source, let me copy and paste a small part here: (It is not in the book, oh my...) Anyway it is Hydrogen, the same fuel that the sun uses. We can take Hydrogen from water, so the fuel source is rather large :) I believe there are some cars coming out in the next few years that use this. Also we have 100% synthetic oil for lubrication, so I do not feel it is a secret or anything, but oil is almost obsolete. By the way the exhaust from the car is... water :) Here is a link to a car:

Honda FCX Clarity - Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle - Official Web Site

6. If I have a question, I just ask God.

7. Well, I guess I define "religious" as: "Something that belongs to a religion.". Since God does not belong to a religion, I try to stay away from religion. I am not exactly sure which religion you are, but I am sure that you can see how religion today, is the cause of much bloodshed and oppression. Remember in none of His Three Words did He ever state that we must, or even should, join a religion.

8. I have never heard of that term. I can assure you however that of all three religions, Christians show me the most hate.(I post on a number of boards, a few of them are Christian boards.) When I state that Jesus is "A" Son of God, and mankind is "The" Son of God, or I explain that there is no such thing as a "trinity",(Unless you are speaking of His Three Words) they go nuts.

Judgment

1. Well what has happened here is that the text you quoted is taken out of perspective. Look at the text in 32:12. (This is right before the scripture you quoted.)

If only you could see when the guilty ones will bend low their heads before the Lord, (Saying:) "Our Lord! We have seen and we have heard: now then send us back to the world: we will work righteousness: for we do indeed now believe.

As you can see 32:13 is a continuation of 32:12. What is truly awesome is that this is showing what? Remember I have explained that God's Greatest Gift to mankind is Freedom. As you can see the people in 32:12 were rebellious, however when they saw the Truth, they asked God to send them back so that they may work in righteousness. However God did NOT violate their Freedom by forcing the people to believe.(As he does not force you to accept Him either.) This is what is stated in 32:13 If God had so willed, He could have brought every Soul to true guidance.(Forced them to accept Him.)
God does not want to force us - but - Why then - does God place doubt on us unbelievers ? It sounds as if God is purposely leading us astray.
2. Again let us look at the scripture before. Surah 10:99 is right before your quote of Surah 10:100.

If it had been your Lord's Will, they would all have believed, - all who are on earth! Will you then compel mankind, against their will, to believe?

Again this shows you that God will not violate that Gift which He has given you. All the atheists, the false religions, the satan worshippers that worship satan of their own choice, all of them, regardless of their transgressions, still have Freedom. What 10:100 is showing you is that you are not forced to believe, and you are also not forced to deny, thus "No Soul can believe, except by the will of God. It was God's Will that you have this Freedom, He will taken take it from you even if you deny till the day of your physical death.
"No soul can believe, except by the will of Allah, and He will place doubt (or obscurity) on those who will not understand (10:100)"

So... God will not 'make' us believe. Yet... we can not believe except by the will of Allah. Then - why - does he place doubt upon us.. simply because we do not understand ?

3. God does Love you, that is why you have Freedom. I am assuming that "horrible and cruel fate" is a reference to Hell. People are sent there because they rebelled against God. Remember, Heaven is with God, Hell is without God. If you spend your whole life living against God's Plan, lets be honest, why would you want to be with Him in Spirit? Would you not desire Hell as you lived that way your whole life, you can't magically changed your mind when you are face to face with Him. That is why I cannot encourage you either way, you can go to Heaven, or you can go to Hell, I don't care. My task is to provide you with the Truth. Of course I would rather you go to Heaven, but I will not push you, beg you, or threaten you, THAT would violate your Freedom. Since I am a man, what power do I have to violate the Freedom that He has given you?
You say God loves me - yet - God is saying he does not love me and that I am a vile beast. Should I believe You or God's word ?

The horrible and cruel fate is having my skin burned off - only to be grown anew - to be burned off again and again for all of eternity.

YUSUFALI: That He may reward those who believe and work righteous deeds, out of his Bounty. For He loves not those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: That He may reward out of His bounty those who believe and do good works. Lo! He loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance).
SHAKIR: That He may reward those who believe and do good out of His grace; surely He does not love the unbelievers.

YUSUFALI: For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe.
PICKTHAL: Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.
SHAKIR: Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve, then they would not believe.
4. Your Soul does not have skin. Hell is without God, is that not enough punishment in itself?
God has threatened this particular punishment. Should I believe you or God's word ?

YUSUFALI: Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Judgment

Hi Truth about God....

This verse describes a God without mercy - A God of vengeance and of hate.

I understand retaliation. It gets to a point where enough is enough and you must fight back to save yourself and the one's you Love.

But... to include Children and Infants - this is extermination. I can see mankind of this time period thinking such a thing - But - a Loving, Kind, forgiving, all knowing God ?

"I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys. (1st Sam 15:2-3)"

GiantHouseKey

2. No, I was just stating that there are a lot of religious texts that I have not read. As far as the Torah goes, I have no opinion, as I have never read it. Unlike "religious" people, I will not degrade a book that I have not read. Most religious people that I have spoken to "trash" other religious texts even though they have never read them.
BS have you never read the Torah. Im almost certain you have, especially if you say that you've read the bible. Guess what? The Torah is IN the bible :D Literally.
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy...Ringing any bells? If you really haven't read these books then there's a lot of questions i'd like to ask.

4. For Jesus? The Soul of Jesus is alive and well, as is other people that have been mentioned in the Bible. Remember that your Soul is a part of God, while mankind can destroy the body, mankind has no power over the Soul. Jesus had even appeared to His disciples after His Resurrection, in body and Soul, although He did have the markings on His body. I do not really think that this is a big of a deal that most people feel it is. Simple atomic manipulation is all that is needed, and Jesus had already shown that He had this ability. In the book I have shown that there were not any true miracles as every "miracle" was nothing more then atomic manipulation.(It explains it a lot better in the book, if you want me to copy and paste. I cannot here as it will make the post too long.)
Fine, but he no longer has a physical human body, so representing himself would be somewhat of a chore.

5. The book explain mankind's future energy source, let me copy and paste a small part here: (It is not in the book, oh my...) Anyway it is Hydrogen, the same fuel that the sun uses. We can take Hydrogen from water, so the fuel source is rather large :) I believe there are some cars coming out in the next few years that use this. Also we have 100% synthetic oil for lubrication, so I do not feel it is a secret or anything, but oil is almost obsolete. By the way the exhaust from the car is... water :) Here is a link to a car:
Yep this is not a new idea, and yes I know a fair bit about it. And yes, I know how about electrolysis. And yes, I know that hydrogen cells are not far off.

But, at the moment, the cause of a lot of problems revolves around oil.

7. Well, I guess I define "religious" as: "Something that belongs to a religion.". Since God does not belong to a religion, I try to stay away from religion.
Sure, but the God you are talking about belongs to 3 specific religions that you seem to have merged into one. You may not have any traditions or religious practices, but
I am not exactly sure which religion you are
Nobody really is. Nobody cares, so nobody asks, so I get all the fun for myself ;)

but I am sure that you can see how religion today, is the cause of much bloodshed and oppression. Remember in none of His Three Words did He ever state that we must, or even should, join a religion.
Um...Right...I can't be bothered to cite the bible at the moment but basically all 3 books say that you should join a religion. Certain beliefs just catagorise you as part of a religion. I've met plenty of christians that don't go to church, don't pray, don't worship or anything but because they believe God exists and that Jesus is the son of god and died for our sins and was resurrected, they are christians by definition.

GhK.