• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does a belief in a god show lack of education?

alypius

Even if such correlations could be shown, how would that answer the question of whether God actually exists?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The real human life challenge is men with machines.

Men who quote design themed by a human only to build a machine by that human in design thoughts that man designed.

Caused man's self image. How machine became with his self man caused heavenly image. Self idol. Self possession by science.

How he says such quotes man is part bio mechanical. As men of science caused the effect.

Why man pretended he now is a God. By man's image with God state.

Is not God.

Human design needs a theist to invent the design. Then designer theist bodily personal controls the machine.

Compared all things to his machine.

Was the God teaching.

Men who invent to destroy.

Why personally they feel powerful as if the machine is an extension Sion of their person thesis conver Sion.

Sion a satanic theist human invention.

Sion never existed in other words.

RestlessSoul

What specifically made you think that?

Well I'd assumed everyone could see the irony intended in the avatar, the show is quite well known.

I don't know what you mean by "take them seriously," and again unless you offer something specific it's going to be hard to address your comments?

Well exactly. I thought I detected a heavy dose of irony in the manner of your expression. You should perhaps understand that I am English - which means I’m from a culture where we imbibe irony with our mother’s breast milk

7D347756-9173-4F89-8C91-BEA0D09A0BEE.jpeg

Colt

I've seen it said to people here on numerous occasions that they are not highly educated if they believe in a god.

I've seen it said to some that claim that a god has spoken to them that they are possibility suffering of mental illness.

Do you think these hold truth's?

People of faith have a logical idea of what life is all about.

Education has become more of what to think not how to think. Education has been trending towards Godless secularism for some time now. And with lowering the bar more and more, bending the grading curve to remedy perceived inequalities, students are receiving diplomas that cant write and do basic math. People of faith have a logical idea of what life is all about

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I've seen it said to people here on numerous occasions that they are not highly educated if they believe in a god.

I've seen it said to some that claim that a god has spoken to them that they are possibility suffering of mental illness.

Most of the major universities in the West were begun by the mentally ill?

I think everyone has some god anyway. What person keeps as his god can be seen from what rules person and what he serves with his actions and words. For some it may be love, but for many it seems to be fear.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I think everyone has some god anyway. What person keeps as his god can be seen from what rules person and what he serves with his actions and words. For some it may be love, but for many it seems to be fear.
Well, the Abrahamic god certainly does seem rather fond of using fear to get people to like him. Classic bully.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
People of faith have a logical idea of what life is all about.

I don't believe you, but please evidence that claim and present a logical argument for any deity?

Education has become more of what to think not how to think. Education has been trending towards Godless secularism for some time now.

Given that religion claims to know immutable truths, that first claim is pretty hilarious, and why would a fact based education be anything other than secular?

And with lowering the bar more and more, bending the grading curve to remedy perceived inequalities, students are receiving diplomas that cant write and do basic math.

I don't believe any of that, care to demsonrate anything approaching objective evidence?

People of faith have a logical idea of what life is all about

That's just a repetition of your opening claim, again please demsonrate some evidence for it, with a rational argument for a deity. Otherwise I don't believe your claim.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Well, the Abrahamic god certainly does seem rather fond of using fear to get people to like him. Classic bully.

I agree, throughout human history religions and the religious have done some egregiously barbaric things, as have secular humans, but it took "gentle Jesus meek and mild" to (allegedly) come up with the idea of torturing humans forever after they die.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
I agree, throughout human history religions and the religious have done some egregiously barbaric things, as have secular humans, but it took "gentle Jesus meek and mild" to (allegedly) come up with the idea of torturing humans forever after they die.
This gives me the opportunity to wheel out the classic Steven Weinberg quote, yet again...

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

(I would add "or similar ideology")