• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone....

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So it's okay to just do what we want and no punishment will be affixed to anything we do..

We can just do as we please with no fear of punishment...

Uh, that's not what Christ said.
And that's not what I said either! What's your problem anyway, FFH? I have never, ever said (or remotely implied) that we can just do as we please with no fear of punishment. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of your unfounded accusations.

If you're going to insist on bearing false witness against me, at least have the common courtesy to quote me. I don't appreciate your making other RFers have to look through every one of my posts on this thread to see where I said what you're accusing me of saying -- only to find that I never even came close to saying it.

FFH

Veteran Member
I really wasn't aware of how much my faith is based on the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants until I looked up these scriptures that flooded my mind...

No wonder we (LDS) collide so much with other faiths...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
No wonder we (LDS) collide so much with other faiths...
And how would you explain the fact that the other LDS on RF seem to collide with you every bit as often than they do with people of other faiths? :confused:

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Come now kids, let's play nice :)

Obviously some people have the opinion that those who have sex before marriage go to hell. How open minded are we if we don't just accept that there are some differences in every belief?

FFH

Veteran Member
Come now kids, let's play nice :)

Obviously some people have the opinion that those who have sex before marriage go to hell. How open minded are we if we don't just accept that there are some differences in every belief?
Okay Ash, I'm done, sorry...

God bless..

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone here honestly, 100% believe that if people have sex before they're married, (whatever you consider "marriage" to be) that the guilty parties are going to hell?

Marraige...Hell...there's a tough choice.

Cynic

I can assure you I have a very healthy sex drive. :D :eek: It ain't got nothing to do that, at least in my case.
The only reason it's improbable for people to wait very long in American society is because our society today is over-sexualized. If sex wasn't blared so much on TV and movie screens, magazines, etc., etc., I think the problem would be lessened significantly.
Yah... Personally waiting for me seems... Unrealistic. (and apparently I'm going to hell). But honestly I think it's admirable for you to do that, and I hope you find that worthwhile.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
SO, is there really only one person who believes that someone will go to hell if they participate in premarital relations?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
But I don't believe we should all go around having sex before marriage. In fact there should be some sort of committment before having sex

Sex has a lot of consequences.

KnowledgeSeeker

Does anyone here honestly, 100% believe that if people have sex before they're married, (whatever you consider "marriage" to be) that the guilty parties are going to hell?

One has to belive in hell first before they can feel they are guilty of a sin. Not all people belive in hell. We have to remember that humans are just wild animals that have to take off their clothes before they mate.