• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Atheism Lead to Immoral Behavior?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Vindictiveness and punishment may satisfy our desire for vengeance, but it does little to rehabilitate the offenders or address the fundamental causes of crime.
Yes, and that is where we are stuck if we do not move on to trying to solve the problems rather than doling out just punishment. For most people that break the law education and treatment are apt to work better and cost less in the long run. Put them in prison for years on end may make a person with a victim mentality happier, but it does little to solve the problems.

Brian2

Veteran Member
No, there is no evidence that God will fix anything at all and that belief comes from a gross misinterpretation of scripture, gross.
Show me even one Bible verse that says that God is going to fix anything.

There are many places in the Bible where God says He will fix (restore) things.

This one is a good promise from God:

Acts 3:21 – Restoration of All Things​

"whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago."

This verse speaks of when everything will be restored as God has promised, highlighting a future of complete renewal and perfection.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There are many places in the Bible where God says He will fix (restore) things.

This one is a good promise from God:

Acts 3:21 – Restoration of All Things​

"whom heaven must receive until the time for restoring all the things about which God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets long ago."

This verse speaks of when everything will be restored as God has promised, highlighting a future of complete renewal and perfection.
Restoring things is not the same as fixing things that are wrong on this earth, which is what I was referring to.
God did restore all things when He sent Baha'u'llah to restore all things, highlighting a future of complete renewal and perfection.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Such beliefs more often than not are counter productive. All to often people that believe that think that they do not have to do anything to make our world better. If you want an end to violence you should be working on actions that will at least lower the rates of violence rather than blaming it all on God.
How do you know I'm not doing that? What are you doing to make the world less violent?

YoursTrue

Restoring things is not the same as fixing things that are wrong on this earth, which is what I was referring to.
God did restore all things when He sent Baha'u'llah to restore all things, highlighting a future of complete renewal and perfection.
Do you look forward to that complete renewal?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Only man can overturn mankind's problems, with the assistance of God.
And if we manage it, as usual we'll find that God doesn't need to get involved. Oh, perhaps he'll be waiting just in case he was needed, but as we solve our issues and he doesn't need to help, I guess we'll never know.

YoursTrue

You consider ecological collapse "complete renewal?"
That is not foretold. But things are foretold to get worse before God intervenes when it is His time. Only God can really solve mankind's problems.

YoursTrue

And the Silmarillion says that elves go to Valinor when they die........
Equal evidence, both claims.
:rolleyes:
That's your opinion, not mine. I believe what the Bible says. That one day there will be no more sickness, and there will be peace on the earth.

YoursTrue

I am glad it is coming, but given my age and long it is going to take, I don't expect to see it within my lifetime.
I personally don't know what the true God has in store for everyone alive or who has been alive. Hopefully you will see what the future brings in your present lifetime or -- if you are resurrected.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And if we manage it, as usual we'll find that God doesn't need to get involved. Oh, perhaps he'll be waiting just in case he was needed, but as we solve our issues and he doesn't need to help, I guess we'll never know.
No, God does not need to get involved. God does not get involved in matters down here on earth.
The only involvement God has with humans is when He sends Messengers to guide us.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And as I've pointed out so often, that works so badly that it were better He didn't bother!
Granted, to date it has not worked very well, but that doesn't mean it never will...

The reason it is not working very well now is because most people have rejected the new Messenger in favor of the older Messengers.
Can't blame God for that.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Granted, to date it has not worked very well, but that doesn't mean it never will...

The reason it is not working very well now is because most people have rejected the new Messenger in favor of the older Messengers.
Can't blame God for that.
But you see, I think I can (blame God for that)! You yourself have agreed that God has sent previous "messengers," and every time, the "new messenger" is rejected by believers in the one(s) that came before. Why are there still Jews if Jesus were accepted by everyone? Why are there still Christians if Muhammad were accepted by everyone, and the same surely goes for why there are still Muslims if everyone accepts Baha'u'llah? And the pattern suggests there'll be another one -- and possibly there have been many others accepted by just a few, like Joseph Smith and David Koresh and likely many others.

I mean, if He's God, you'd think he'd have figured out the pattern by now! The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for a different outcome!