• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Islam Need a Reformation?

Does Islam Need To Be Fundamentally Reformed?

• Yes

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

mahasn ebn sawresho

I remember when Romanian citizens, during the revolution against Ceaușescu, used to eat bananas without peeling the skin, since they never saw it before. That was in 1989, today Romania is in European Union and the member of NATO. I lived in a communist country, now in a democratic, so many changes during my lifetime that I can hardly keep up the pace. I forgot how to write letters by hand, and even if I try, I tend to put smilies. Even the way I think changed. But Muslims seem to be happily stuck in the Middle Ages. Iranian revolution against dictator soon ended with just another, ever-fresh fundamentalism. Frozen for life. That is not how a catholic religion would appear. Catholic means universal, and that means for everyone, in every place, at all times. That means presenting the same essence but adapting to time, place and circumstances. Heck, this sounds like evolution. Seems like Islam never had the ambition to become a catholic religion. Unless there is an ambition to conquer the entire Universe, forever. Do I hear "what a wonderful idea" from the Muslims, taking notes? Without reformation, Islam will isolate itself from the rest of the world and will exist only on it's own planet of the righteous. And even if Muslims achieve all the glory and prosperity and joy on that planet, one thing will still be missing - appreciation from the rest of the world.
Yes Islam wants to dominate the world ??
This is an intellectually ambitious Islam ??
There are verses from the Koran in large in this direction
And also from the famous sayings of Muhammad

outhouse

Atheistically
Islam is a superior way of life

Unsubstantiated rhetoric

and everyone is welcome to join.

Yes, but are we welcome to live in peace without fear if do not decide to follow your version of theology and mythology ???????????

That's the real question

Islam came for all of mankind. It breaks the barriers of racism.

Except muslims? Does not islam have large amounts of sectarian violence and wars going on right now over its different sects that all worship differently?

So what im asking is it islam #1 you agree with? or islam #2? or islam #3? or islam #4 ???????????????????????

pro4life

Unsubstantiated rhetoric

Yes, but are we welcome to live in peace without fear if do not decide to follow your version of theology and mythology ???????????

That's the real question

Except muslims? Does not islam have large amounts of sectarian violence and wars going on right now over its different sects that all worship differently?

So what im asking is it islam #1 you agree with? or islam #2? or islam #3? or islam #4 ???????????????????????

Lets break it down one by one.
When I said "Islam is a superior way of life", I meant that it has solutions to all the problems we are facing today.
Islam does promote people to live in peace.
Islam doesn't differentiate between an Arab and a non-Arab, a Black and a White, Red or Yellow.

outhouse

Atheistically
I meant that it has solutions to all the problems we are facing today.

I think we see different problems

Yet sectarian infighting has never stopped.

Islam doesn't differentiate between an Arab and a non-Arab, a Black and a White, Red or Yellow.

This is not the cause of all the worlds problems. If anything it is a rather small issue.

The religious differences by people who think they are superior that are causing wars and death and destruction.

pro4life

I think we see different problems

Yet sectarian infighting has never stopped.

This is not the cause of all the worlds problems. If anything it is a rather small issue.

The religious differences by people who think they are superior that are causing wars and death and destruction.

Racism is the biggest issue causing havoc in current America.

Any problem that is facing any society, i.e theft, robbery, incest, etc.. , can be solved by an Islamic methodology

Shad

Veteran Member

Any problem that is facing any society, i.e theft, robbery, incest, etc.. , can be solved by an Islamic methodology

Islam provides no solution that any other religion has not or can not produce. It provides no solution which a state can not produce. It does produce a situation in which non-Muslims are under another religion's authority which is totalitarianism and draconian in practice.

outhouse

Atheistically

That's only your opinion.

It pales in comparison to the thousands being murdered over Islamic sectarian violence in the middle east

And you have yet to substantiate that islam would cure racism in the USA or even help. Im quite certain if half the USA was Islamic, we would have war like the middle east.

And be careful how you use the word America. South America is almost absent of racism where very little islam exist.

gsa

Lets break it down one by one.
When I said "Islam is a superior way of life", I meant that it has solutions to all the problems we are facing today.

Oh please. Plenty of non-Arab Muslims disagree. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was called abd/abed when she lived in Saudi Arabia as a child. Because she was black. And she is not alone, as there was a fairly recent social media campaign to stop use of the word in Arab Muslim circles.

There is also a distinct trace of Arab supremacy that surfaces in the hadith and in Islamic discourse generally.

But the primary problem with Islamism is not ethnocentrism, but the militant interpretation of jihad, punishment for apostasy/blasphemy, misogyny, homophobia, etc. The "solution" that Islam offers is, fittingly, submission.

pro4life

That's only your opinion.

It pales in comparison to the thousands being murdered over Islamic sectarian violence in the middle east

And you have yet to substantiate that islam would cure racism in the USA or even help. Im quite certain if half the USA was Islamic, we would have war like the middle east.

And be careful how you use the word America. South America is almost absent of racism where very little islam exist.

USA is currently undergoing 4 wars not in its homeland and the reason why?

pro4life

Oh please. Plenty of non-Arab Muslims disagree. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was called abd/abed when she lived in Saudi Arabia as a child. Because she was black. And she is not alone, as there was a fairly recent social media campaign to stop use of the word in Arab Muslim circles.

There is also a distinct trace of Arab supremacy that surfaces in the hadith and in Islamic discourse generally.

But the primary problem with Islamism is not ethnocentrism, but the militant interpretation of jihad, punishment for apostasy/blasphemy, misogyny, homophobia, etc. The "solution" that Islam offers is, fittingly, submission.

Abd, Abeed, is used primarily for all muslims. Abd means slave of--. All muslims are slaves of God.
As for Ayaan, there might have been people that called her Abd because of her skin color but that is under the cloak of culture and not Islam.

If you have read Islamic history, there were an era where the servants became the caliphs. Search the Mamluk dynasty.

miodrag

Destroying all the statues in the world would indeed solve the problem of idolatry.
Correction: to rest in peace.
True, Muslims are enthusiastically killing other Muslims , too - Attack on Peshawar school. None of the Abrahamic religions can provide a model for a modern society.

pro4life

Destroying all the statues in the world would indeed solve the problem of idolatry.

Correction: to rest in peace.

True, Muslims are enthusiastically killing other Muslims , too - Attack on Peshawar school. None of the Abrahamic religions can provide a model for a modern society.

Like I said, Islam has the solution for all the problems society undertakes in modern and all times. From economic, social, and jurisprudence, Islam excels in all those aspects.
There is no other religion on this earth that can provide all the solution to the whole of mankind except Islam.

If you want to reply, ask me a specific question then I can answer. Ask about the economy, inflation, law, social, morality, jurisprudence, punishments, and I will reply how Islam deals with all of this.

pro4life

The prophet Moses came for the Jews in Egypt.
Prophet Jesus came for the Lost sheep of Israel.
Prophet Muhammed came for the whole of Mankind (not the Arabs).