• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

does masterbation make you feel guilty

hannahrose1209

*~Forever Wondering~*
I do, I feel my faith doesn't except it and I feel immoral. I feel that I am selfish and being too self centered. I don't think GOd smiles upon it. Thats how I feel but in my head I KNOW that what I am doing isn't wrong.

lizskid

BANNED
Absolutely not, I feel good about the gift I'm given. I feel sexuality is a gift from God, and masturbation is one expression of that. Now, if we were talking obsessive, etc. then we get into the gluttony, etc.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
Not in the least. It's a wonderful release of sexual tensions, and is perfectly natural. I indulge as often as I like. Life is tough enough, so why have a little feel good ?

melissa g

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I don't but then I don't really do it that much if at all. I think the closest I came was when I read romance novels in high school and fantasized but that was it so I don't know if that counts. I did read a lot of romance novels though. lol. These days I just don't feel the need. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

Melissa G

Non Veritas Verba Amanda
I masturbate whenever i feel the need, which is at least three to four times a week. I have never understood why people believe it's wrong. There's nothing wrong either if you don't feel like indulging.

Melissa G ~~~

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I've always been into jobs that allow me to instill deep, very deep, very throbbing feelings of penetratingly profound meaning in my friends, associates and clients.

I don't know, maybe it's the topic of the thread, but did anyone else pick up the sexual innuendo in here....?

Originally Posted by standing_alone
That's kind of sad if it takes someone a really long time to, ummm, get... yeah. :D

Well...

I prefer to take my time.... to let the fantasy in my mind truely... umm... Come to full fruition.... so to speak.

Because once I'm done, the fantasy is done. I like prolonging it to let my fantasies unwind and let them play out until they are done.

So thats a little strategy if you like simultaneous climaxes but can't normally get them

Stellify

StarChild
I would view it as a deeply meaningful career choice on my part. I've always been into jobs that allow me to instill deep, very deep, very throbbing feelings of penetratingly profound meaning in my friends, associates and clients. It's just the kind of guy I am: After all, It's why I majored in philosophy.

:biglaugh:

I also think it's a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Sexual urges are one of the most basic instincts we have, along with the need to eat/drink, etc.....Feeling bad about masturbating would be like feeling bad about feeding yourself.
Besides, it's fun in so many ways! :p

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I also think it's a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Sexual urges are one of the most basic instincts we have, along with the need to eat/drink, etc.....Feeling bad about masturbating would be like feeling bad about feeding yourself.
"The Cynic" Diogenes was once asked how he avoided lusting after women. To the horror of those watching he began masturbating in front of them. Afterwards while raiding the fridge he explained, 'If only I could ease my hunger by rubbing my belly.'

Yes Man

Premium Member
No I don't feel guilty. It's mainly for stress....relief. And sometimes it helps me get to sleep.:eek:

Stellify

StarChild
"The Cynic" Diogenes was once asked how he avoided lusting after women. To the horror of those watching he began masturbating in front of them. Afterwards while raiding the fridge he explained, 'If only I could ease my hunger by rubbing my belly.'
Lol! I hadn't heard that one!:p

Ozzie

do you feel guilty when you masterbate? Why or why not?

I don't because I see it as natural.

Just real quick as an MOD ADVISORY: Please do not go into detail about how you masterbate......thank you. ......
In the past plenty of times I felt guilty because I knew someone else was missing out on a great opportunity. :yes:

Still I've had 4 kids and done my bit for society so I've no need to feel guilty any more.

RationalSoulution

The Evolution of Soul
I do, I feel my faith doesn't except it and I feel immoral. I feel that I am selfish and being too self centered. I don't think GOd smiles upon it. Thats how I feel but in my head I KNOW that what I am doing isn't wrong.

Maybe a good question would be: If it makes you feel guilty and you feel its wrong, do you still do it?

Also, lots of laughs from this thread.;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Makes more sense than most other approaches to dealing with lust.