• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

Ben Masada

it is not tangible, neither it's reasonable

but we can believe that "satan does exist" through what have been revealed to us by the messengers of Allah.

Qura'an surah 7:27

[27] O ye Children of Adam! let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the Evil Ones friends (only) to those without Faith.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Satan is a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan as a being is a fabrication and developtment by religious crooks to play with people's fears, and
a way to make a living out of people's naivete.

Ben :eek:

Ben Masada

I mean God, hes not there to pay homage to. If he is stop hiding him and show all us non-believers where hes hiding :)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God is incorporeal. I can't show you the incorporeal. The only way to see Him besides Nature, is in a spiritual manner. (John 4:24)

Ben:rolleyes:

mohammed_beiruti

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Satan is a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan as a being is a fabrication and developtment by religious crooks to play with people's fears, and
a way to make a living out of people's naivete.

Ben :eek:

Mat 4:10
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Go, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"

I chose Jesus (PBUH) as a good example, he was very pure and righteous,

Idon't think that satan is the concept of "the evil inclination in man":rainbow1:

Sorry, but i don't think that your explination is convincing, Satan is an evil creature itself.

Ben Masada

Mat 4:10
10 Then Jesus said to him, "Go, Satan! For it is written, 'YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD YOUR GOD, AND SERVE HIM ONLY.'"

I chose Jesus (PBUH) as a good example, he was very pure and righteous,

Idon't think that satan is the concept of "the evil inclination in man":rainbow1:

Sorry, but i don't think that your explination is convincing, Satan is an evil creature itself.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have all the right in the world to agree or disagree, and to have your own personal opinion about anything. I am sorry that my explanation is not convincing for my goal is to enlighten people our of their superstitions. And to believe in Satan as an evil creature is a classical one.
Ben:sorry1:

mohammed_beiruti

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have all the right in the world to agree or disagree, and to have your own personal opinion about anything. I am sorry that my explanation is not convincing for my goal is to enlighten people our of their superstitions. And to believe in Satan as an evil creature is a classical one.
Ben:sorry1:

don't worry,

but useless : unless you see satan, you won't believe in it's existance.

or at least to see it's footprint to conclude it's existance.

not all truth is tangible or reasonable ,

but there is something called "transmission"

something did realy happened in the past , and people have notified what have been happened there.

anyway, in Islam Satan is considered as an evil creature seduces people to do ugly deeds.

it doesn't matter whether he has one eye or two eyes or he is scary or ugly...bla bla bla ....

the most important thing is to avoid his temptation of doing evil things.

this is the oath of Satan [called also Iblis in Qura'an]

[ 36] (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."

[37] (Allah) said: "Respite is granted thee,

[38] "Till the Day of the Time Appointed."

[39] (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,

[40] "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy grace)."

[41] (Allah) said: "This (Way of My sincere servants) is indeed a Way that leads straight to Me.

[42] "For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee."

Thank you , with all respect

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
don't worry,

I'm amazed at what religion see satan as, when you look at the satanic bible (CoS) you will notice that satan does not promote doing evil deeds, but in fact promotes a different path of enligtenment other than through God.
I am not trying to convert you at all, and if you're comfortable with your beliefs i recommend you don't read the satanic bible, but if you're curious check it out to see what the devil worshippers really promote.
Speaking by your ideals, would you say that corruption, greed and all things that are commonly forseen as bad to be the footprint of satan?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Evil often disguises itself as good in order to infiltrate. Ergo we have the mind picture of a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nothing evidences this concept more than the Republican Party. They constantly try to twist our perception of reality so that we believe that they are good and everyone else is evil. They are Satan personified: the Father of all lies and deceit.

Ben Masada

don't worry,

+++Ben: - I can't see what does not exist.

+++Ben: - What does not exists leaves no footprint.

+++Ben: - That's exactly what truth is reasoanble. If it's not reasoable, it isn't true.

something did realy happened in the past , and people have notified what have been happened there.
+++Ben: - What happened in the past is that some crooks decided to invent Satan to make a living out of superstitious people.

anyway, in Islam Satan is considered as an evil creature seduces people to do ugly deeds.
+++Ben: - And I pity you for biting the bait and now you are hooked.

it doesn't matter whether he has one eye or two eyes or he is scary or ugly...bla bla bla ....
+++Ben: - This tale is not good even to put children to sleep.

the most important thing is to avoid his temptation of doing evil things.
+++Ben: - Nothing tempts man but man himself.

this is the oath of Satan [called also Iblis in Qura'an]
+++Ben: - At least, take it metaphorically in order not to be an insult to your intelligence.

[ 36] (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."
+++Ben: - The dead will never again have part in anything that is done under the sun. (Eccles. 9:6)

[37] (Allah) said: "Respite is granted thee,

[38] "Till the Day of the Time Appointed."

[39] (Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,
+++Ben: - God puts no one in the wrong. We have freewill. We are the ones who put
ourselves in the wrong.

[40] "Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy grace)."

[41] (Allah) said: "This (Way of My sincere servants) is indeed a Way that leads straight to Me.

[42] "For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee."

+++Ben: - Thank you too, with equally all my respects.

Ben:thud:

herushura

Satan is not A being, Satan is a title given to refer evil , for example a Babylon King.

Should note that satan is the greek word for the pre-hebrew god Dagon. The God of Wheat.
dagon said to come from the sumerian god ENKI that litterly means Lord of Earth.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Satan is not A being, Satan is a title given to refer evil , for example a Babylon King.

Should note that satan is the greek word for the pre-hebrew god Dagon. The God of Wheat.
dagon said to come from the sumerian god ENKI that litterly means Lord of Earth.

Interesting..but how can the 'lord of the earth' not exist as a being? And how can the LORD of the earth, not be a being and have followers at the same time?

Draka

Wonder Woman
Interesting..but how can the 'lord of the earth' not exist as a being? And how can the LORD of the earth, not be a being and have followers at the same time?

He never said that Dagon was real either now did he? Either way, it doesn't matter as he was just pointing out where the name/word was derived from.

Your mythology pulls from other mythologies, younger ones tend to build on the older ones. They all have basic correspondences and likenesses. It should come as no surprise that the character some sell as "Satan" has roots elsewhere. It should also come as no surprise that some twisting of the character has occured. In a mythology such as yours, where the balance is based on good/evil, it needed a character balance to offset your "good god" to make the god look better didn't it? Some mythologies place their balance with light/dark, day/night, male/female, yours happens to be good/evil...so a character to stand for evil was appropriated.

Heneni

Miss Independent
He never said that Dagon was real either now did he? Either way, it doesn't matter as he was just pointing out where the name/word was derived from.

Your mythology pulls from other mythologies, younger ones tend to build on the older ones. They all have basic correspondences and likenesses. It should come as no surprise that the character some sell as "Satan" has roots elsewhere. It should also come as no surprise that some twisting of the character has occured. In a mythology such as yours, where the balance is based on good/evil, it needed a character balance to offset your "good god" to make the god look better didn't it? Some mythologies place their balance with light/dark, day/night, male/female, yours happens to be good/evil...so a character to stand for evil was appropriated.

How can a person believe in a myth if they have never heard of it? Many ancienct civilizations didnt get their 'ideas' from other civilizations. They came up with their won 'devil' all by themselves and according to you, would have invented their own myths. It is highly unlikely that all civilizations everywhere would come up with the same 'myth' by coincidence. (hope I spelt coincidence right)

Draka

Wonder Woman
How can a person believe in a myth if they have never heard of it? Many ancienct civilizations didnt get their 'ideas' from other civilizations. They came up with their won 'devil' all by themselves and according to you, would have invented their own myths. It is highly unlikely that all civilizations everywhere would come up with the same 'myth' by coincidence. (hope I spelt coincidence right)

They're called "archtypes" hun and they are present throughout all stories, even ones created today for the silver screen. Study some Joseph Campbell. And of course there are overlapping mythologies. Every culture wasn't completely unattached or secluded from another. Holdovers from one belief crop up in others all the time. Your very own can thank differing pagan beliefs for Christmas and Easter traditions. There is nothing about Jesus that warrants a tree or wreath or even colored eggs or a bunny. Cycles of birth, death and rebirth are present in all other mythologies. Tack a "hero" personna into the role to go through those cycles and...voila...you have the main basis for a belief structure.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am not certain whether Satan is a separate being (like a fallen angel) or if he is just a word for temptation (or accuser, as Job says). It doesn't really elaborate in either the New Testament or the Old Testament.

Ben Masada

I am not certain whether Satan is a separate being (like a fallen angel) or if he is just a word for temptation (or accuser, as Job says). It doesn't really elaborate in either the New Testament or the Old Testament.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

According to Judaism, Satan is the name for the evil inclination in man. Therefore, it's not a being, but a concept. Religious crooks take advantage of the naives of this
world to make an easy living out of them by playing with their fears, by saying that
Satan is a fallen angel out to make us fall too.

Ben :shout

Heneni

Miss Independent
They're called "archtypes" hun and they are present throughout all stories, even ones created today for the silver screen. Study some Joseph Campbell. And of course there are overlapping mythologies. Every culture wasn't completely unattached or secluded from another. Holdovers from one belief crop up in others all the time. Your very own can thank differing pagan beliefs for Christmas and Easter traditions. There is nothing about Jesus that warrants a tree or wreath or even colored eggs or a bunny. Cycles of birth, death and rebirth are present in all other mythologies. Tack a "hero" personna into the role to go through those cycles and...voila...you have the main basis for a belief structure.

hun? Are you warming towards me....???

Maybe humans are just prone to inventing myths, which means we are an unstable and weird specie altogether. There isnt one civilization that hasnt come up with their own flavour of a 'myth', and many of those civilizations were pretty smart. If three of us come up with our own story, quite independantly and then we come together and compare our notes, we'd find that our myths have a common theme. Is that coincidence? Or does that mean there is really something deeper to all of this mythology?

herushura

There is no proof in the "old Testements" that Satan is a Fallen Angel. Satan is not A charactor he is a Entity

Draka

Wonder Woman
hun? Are you warming towards me....???

Maybe humans are just prone to inventing myths, which means we are an unstable and weird specie altogether. There isnt one civilization that hasnt come up with their own flavour of a 'myth', and many of those civilizations were pretty smart. If three of us come up with our own story, quite independantly and then we come together and compare our notes, we'd find that our myths have a common theme. Is that coincidence? Or does that mean there is really something deeper to all of this mythology?

You really don't understand what I'm getting at at all do you?

And by the way...all mythologies have a common theme. I just tried illustrating that for you. The archetypes are the same throughout. It's the battle of mankind. The life lessons. The flow of life and death for both nature and man.

If you are somehow trying to refer to the 3 Abrahamic religions...they weren't exactly concocted seperately you know. They indeed worked off each other, even used common scriptures. So of course they would have commonalities. That's a no-brainer.