• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

Ben Masada

Does Satan exist? If so, how do you know that Satan exists? If not, why not?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No, Satan does not exist. Satan is a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man.
Satan as a being, has been fabricated by religions in order to play with people's fears. Any reference to Satan in the Hebrew Scriptures must be interpreted in a metaphorical manner.

Ben

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Any reference to Satan in the Hebrew Scriptures must be interpreted in a metaphorical manner.
The Satan of Hebrew Scripture isn't exactly the boogey man Christianity portrays him as. Not every religion has a "satan" or other "great evil" being either.

Heneni

Miss Independent
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No, Satan does not exist. Satan is a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man.
Satan as a being, has been fabricated by religions in order to play with people's fears. Any reference to Satan in the Hebrew Scriptures must be interpreted in a metaphorical manner.

Ben

Satan was fabricated to play with people's fears? I thought the concept of GOD hitting you over the head and sending you off to eternal damnation was the real fear factor. But OK..perhaps people are scared of the devil too.

RobGelber

RobGelber
I think it's also worth noting that the completely polarized conflict between God and Satan roughly approximates the polarized conflicts that can arise between nations at war, only it does so based on good and evil. Notice, it's pretty rare for those who do believe in Satan - mostly Christians from what I gather - to talk about third parties in the conflict. Unbiased fairies are not allowed! They're probably demons trying to trick you because it's us versus them.

From what I've read of history and mythology, war propaganda began well before ideas about a universal conflict between good and evil, so it seems logical for me to believe that God's war with Satan was patterned, either consciously or subconsciously, after the conflicts between rival rulers. (Our ruler corresponds to God of course!)

Majin Buu

Warlock
I choose to stand against Christianity, what stands against Christianity in "biblical" terms ends up in Hell with "yours truly" Satan. Considering my stance and the fact that I am real, from a Satanic perspective I represent the living body of Satan. I do this out of rebellion and hatred for what organized god-fearing religion stands for, I choose to blaspheme and chastise in substitution for passivness.

Ben Masada

Satan was fabricated to play with people's fears? I thought the concept of GOD hitting you over the head and sending you off to eternal damnation was the real fear factor. But OK..perhaps people are scared of the devil too.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why would God hit over my head and send me off to eternal damnation, because I
am fighting against something that religious people have created to compete with
God for the power on earth? On the contrary, God would consider me His champion.
Use your commonsense and you will see how much sense this makes.

Ben:clap

Draka

Wonder Woman
Wow, poll is split in half, didn't expect that...

It kind of makes sense considering the spread of beliefs on this site. I find it rather alarming that so many would vote "yes", but as I said, considering the diversity here I guess it is to be expected.

gnostic

The Lost One
God and Satan are two sides of the same coin.........................

............................................................They don't exist.

gnostic

The Lost One
FFH said:
Wow, poll is split in half, didn't expect that...

There is a problem with the poll for those who voted "yes". How many who voted (yes) are Christians, Muslims and Jews? And how many are Satanists, who also voted "yes"?

Draka

Wonder Woman
God and Satan are two sides of the same coin.........................

............................................................They don't exist.

Kinda depends on the view of "god" doesn't it? The two concepts aren't necessarily linked you know.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I choose to stand against Christianity, what stands against Christianity in "biblical" terms ends up in Hell with "yours truly" Satan. Considering my stance and the fact that I am real, from a Satanic perspective I represent the living body of Satan. I do this out of rebellion and hatred for what organized god-fearing religion stands for, I choose to blaspheme and chastise in substitution for passivness.

LOL!!!! I think Satan is pretty peed off at you for saying that! He is infact the chief in charge of organised religion. If you want to be a warlock for goodness sakes make sure you know the apples from the tree.:run:

At the moment you are a rebel for the 'wrong' side.

Majin Buu

Warlock
First of all, I don't believe in "Satan" so whether or not "Satan" is ****** off at me I could care less! I'm a rebel for myself, the only "side" that counts to me is me. Unlike many I don't believe in deities rather I give credit to myself for everything, it's called "taking responsibility for your own actions". By the way, I eat apples from your tree everyday!

Heneni

Miss Independent

So you do not represent the body of satan?:rolleyes:

First of all, I don't believe in "Satan" so whether or not "Satan" is ****** off at me I could care less! I'm a rebel for myself, the only "side" that counts to me is me. Unlike many I don't believe in deities rather I give credit to myself for everything, it's called "taking responsibility for your own actions". By the way, I eat apples from your tree everyday!

A rebel without a cause. :sleep:

If taking responsibility for your own actions sets you appart from the rest, you might want to consider that it is exactly what everybody on this planet must do as well.

Fazl Ahmad

Satan's purpose is not to make you believe in him, the same way a true believer believes in Allah. Satan purpose is to make you go astray, by not being devoted to Allah, or being devoted to other gods, as well as to disobey Allah.

Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed? (Quran 36:60)

Satan whispers his evil suggestions to the soul, and those who follow the evil suggestions are in fact worshiping him. Worship is not merely praying, there are many categories of worship. All judgment belongs to Allah alone, just like all prayers belong to Allah as well.

Majin Buu

Warlock
I have plenty of cause actually.....indulgence in life. The question at hand, does Satan exist? My answer is no but to my benefit in light of my hatred of Christianity in all forms I choose to label myself as a God, I consider myself Satan as an act of rebellion. I am an Athiest/Satanist, some Athiest don't choose the path that I do and are obviously not driven by the same ideologies that I am. My words above were not written in a way that correctly represented my thoughts as I can clearly see now, hopefully now you have clearification.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I have plenty of cause actually.....indulgence in life. The question at hand, does Satan exist? My answer is no but to my benefit in light of my hatred of Christianity in all forms I choose to label myself as a God, I consider myself Satan as an act of rebellion. I am an Athiest/Satanist, some Athiest don't choose the path that I do and are obviously not driven by the same ideologies that I am. My words above were not written in a way that correctly represented my thoughts as I can clearly see now, hopefully now you have clearification.

I used to share your idealogy, its hard to be taken seriously as an anti-christian satanist, everyone thinks you're just a rebel after some attention. I'm still somwhat of a satanist, although i don't care for labels i only sort-of fit into. These days satan to me is metaphoric, a magnet for those who are tired of pointless doctrine and damaging messages. If you can stick to your path thats a good thing though :)