• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Satan Exist?

Does Satan Exist?

• Total voters

Majin Buu

Warlock
I'm definately not after attention, just good conversation. It's all just one big "Metaphor" to me also, and a little Pyschodrama sprinkled on top.

RobGelber

RobGelber
I have plenty of cause actually.....indulgence in life. The question at hand, does Satan exist? My answer is no but to my benefit in light of my hatred of Christianity in all forms I choose to label myself as a God, I consider myself Satan as an act of rebellion. I am an Athiest/Satanist, some Athiest don't choose the path that I do and are obviously not driven by the same ideologies that I am. My words above were not written in a way that correctly represented my thoughts as I can clearly see now, hopefully now you have clearification.

Based on an earlier post, I would have thought you'd have said yes, Satan does exist and I'm H/him! Which is an interesting way of responding to the question!

Here's my question for you. If you rebel against a system, aren't you still, to some extent, letting that system set the agenda? Christianity might not control you. But, since you choose to be a Satanist, are you still allowing it to choose what the important topics are?

I'm not criticizing your choice to be a Satanist. If you live in a heavily Christian environment, I can see how the identification would be useful to you, especially socially. I'm just curious how it fits into your inner belief system.

RobGelber

RobGelber
An omnipotent benevolent god, of course, would not allow a supernatural evil being to exist.

Of course, neither god nor satan exist, both being man-made constructs representing mankind's needs and desires.

Interesting thinking! If you've read my earlier posts, you know that I basically agree with your conclusions.

I have a question though. If you are neither wholly omnipotent nor wholly benevolent, then how do you know what a God would do who was, hypothetically, both of those things?

Of course there are a couple of assumptions in my question. I realize this is the internet, so I'm never really sure what's on the other side, but I still feel like my assumptions are fairly safe to make. If they're not, then let me know!

Ben Masada

Interesting thinking! If you've read my earlier posts, you know that I basically agree with your conclusions.

I have a question though. If you are neither wholly omnipotent nor wholly benevolent, then how do you know what a God would do who was, hypothetically, both of those things?

Of course there are a couple of assumptions in my question. I realize this is the internet, so I'm never really sure what's on the other side, but I still feel like my assumptions are fairly safe to make. If they're not, then let me know!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Assumptions butter no bread.

Ben:D

Ben Masada

Kinda depends on the view of "god" doesn't it? The two concepts aren't necessarily linked you know.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is absolutely no such a thing. God is absolutely One and incorporeal. Satan is just a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. And as a being, it has been
fabricated by religious crooks to play with people's fears, and make a living out of
their naivete.

Ben :clap

Heneni

Miss Independent
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is absolutely no such a thing. God is absolutely One and incorporeal. Satan is just a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. And as a being, it has been
fabricated by religious crooks to play with people's fears, and make a living out of
their naivete.

Ben :clap

Most religions preach along the lines 'better step in line or god will hit you over the head with a big stick'.

Dont see them trying to instil fear of the devil in them! The same churches have prayer meetings where they 'step on the devil', 'name claim and frame' his territory and call him a 'toothless mouse'.

Kcnorwood

I've more or less skimmed over some of the post here & some of you & some of you keep saying that because the bible says so makes it true. The bible says a lot of things which might make it true for the Christians here but not the rest of us. The bible says God excist too but there is no proof.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I've more or less skimmed over some of the post here & some of you & some of you keep saying that because the bible says so makes it true. The bible says a lot of things which might make it true for the Christians here but not the rest of us. The bible says God excist too but there is no proof.

You wont find proof.

For me, the only thing harder than believing in an invisible god is not to believe in him.

Ben Masada

You wont find proof.

For me, the only thing harder than believing in an invisible god is not to believe in him.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If God does not exist, prove the origin of the Universe. Then, I'll pay homage to you.

Ben :bow:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

If God does not exist, prove the origin of the Universe. Then, I'll pay homage to you.

The big bang theory is almost complete, give it 10-15 years.

Why pay homage to something that isn't there to pay homage to?

Ben Masada

Why pay homage to something that isn't there to pay homage to?
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very good! In that case, you do not exist, because I said I would pay homage to you.
Regarding the Big Bang, I am starting now to count the 10-15 years. See you then.

Ben:run:

Heneni

Miss Independent

If ben paid homage to me, it would be an insult. I did not say god does not exist either. Its all that bowing down that has got your head spinning.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Very good! In that case, you do not exist, because I said I would pay homage to you.
Regarding the Big Bang, I am starting now to count the 10-15 years. See you then.

Ben:run:

I mean God, hes not there to pay homage to. If he is stop hiding him and show all us non-believers where hes hiding :)

Yid613

Sorry but that’s Biblical. It says the world was created with wisdom, chokhmah. Chokhmah is understood in Kabala as a point from were all was created. The Zohar elaborates on this and describes a point containing all colors, flashing, expanding outward.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Sorry but that’s Biblical. It says the world was created with wisdom, chokhmah. Chokhmah is understood in Kabala as a point from were all was created. The Zohar elaborates on this and describes a point containing all colors, flashing, expanding outward.

Biblical :sarcastic I thought the big bang was everything but biblical. I watched a programme the other night where two scientists have almost linked free energy to the initial bang.

One things for sure, the was no "creation"

Yid613

Biblical :sarcastic I thought the big bang was everything but biblical.
Cool huh :)
1800 or so years ago people were talking about something that sounds awful close to the Big Bang.

Science is part of Torah. When they seem to disagree, people take the easy way out and just say one or the other is wrong. They don’t stop to think the problem is with them, that they might not understand it fully..

I watched a programme the other night where two scientists have almost linked free energy to the initial bang.

One things for sure, the was no "creation"
I don’t think they meant that the world, the Earth was not created. They probably meant that time space was eternal.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Cool huh :)
1800 or so years ago people were talking about something that sounds awful close to the Big Bang.

Science is part of Torah. When they seem to disagree, people take the easy way out and just say one or the other is wrong. They don’t stop to think the problem is with them, that they might not understand it fully..

I don’t think they meant that the world, the Earth was not created. They probably meant that time space was eternal.

If what you're saying is true, why is it that most major religions do everything they can to debunk the big bang theory and put forth their own rubbish?
Please tell me the Torah is very direct in its representation of science, in the past no biblical/quranic quotes have ever been even remotely close to what the poster said they were.
I have to say, this is very new to me.

mohammed_beiruti

Does Satan exist? If so, how do you know that Satan exists? If not, why not?

it is not tangible, neither it's reasonable

but we can believe that "satan does exist" through what have been revealed to us by the messengers of Allah.

Qura'an surah 7:27

[27] O ye Children of Adam! let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the Evil Ones friends (only) to those without Faith.

Last edited: