• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I don't know what you think a fallen creature is.

I have a hard time describing babies and small children as "fallen creatures." They are young, innocent and naïve creatures in need of guidance.

Branding a baby as wicked is absurd to me. They're barely even capable of complex thoughts, never mind "wicked" thoughts and actions.
I also wouldn't characterize any babies I know as "selfish." And I don't know that I consider selfishness to be an act of "wickedness" in the first place. How is it "wicked?"

^ This.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
There's been a lot of throwing around the word "wicked" but I want to make it very clear that I have never called a child "wicked."

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This is an unwarranted suspicion on your part, and likely has its roots in the fact that you are so emotionally attached to your beliefs that you simply lack the necessary empathic imagination to understand that thoughtful people might disagree with you, and be able to offer certain evidences of their view.

It is very important to NOT impute motives, thoughts, or feelings to others that are contrary to what they claim for themselves unless we have direct evidence that they are either mistaken about what's going on inside their own heads or that they are lying.

leroy

Probably the most generous interpretation that could make sense would be that they told nobody in that setting.
ok so we agree

In any case, the longer (fake) ending of Mark doesn't work if the other Gospel accounts are true.

In (fake) Mark, a few days after discovering the empty tomb, Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene and she tells other disciples about that and that Jesus is alive... but nobody else believes that Jesus is alive until he later appears to them as well.

... but in Matthew and John, some of the other disciples saw Jesus shortly after the empty tomb was discovered, so they knew that Jesus was alive even though (fake) Mark says they didn't.

BTW: there's also the issue of the rock. The Gospels disagree on whether Mary Magdalene - and whoever she had with her - found the rock already rolled away or watched it roll away magically in front of them.
We won’t have a conversation where you simply post and post alleged contradictions……….. You already posted 2 and I think I responded to them .........If you keep posting contradictions sooner or later you will find something that i won’t be capable of answering

I personally don’t hold the view that the gospels are perfect and inherrant……….so a few mistakes and contradictions are expected under my view................

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because they are inherently self-centered.
Which is bad because .... ?
If you're not saying it's "wicked" to be self-centred, then what are you saying?
And you know what a fallen creature is.
I have thoughts on it.

But I don't know what you think a fallen creature is.
I believe that anyone who is fallen bibilcally means that the person is spiritually degraded from the get go.
And I think that's a terrible view of humanity to start from.

I mean, seriously, we're having this conversation because somebody claimed that babies are wicked creatures that deserve condemnation, for goodness sakes. In actuality, babies are innocent and naive creatures who, as far as I can tell, are not even capable of wicked thoughts in the first place, never mind wicked actions. I understand too much about psychology and childhood development to know that it's absurd to think babies are capable of wickedness.