• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe all humans are fallen. You believe whatever you want. I guess we'll see who is right eventually.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It sounds like you are stating something as a fact when you are stating what you believe and then demand that others not do it.

Isn’t that a double standard?
When did someone demonstrate that I'm fallen? I think perhaps I know more about myself than another person does.

Or that babies are fallen creatures? I think I made a pretty decent case for why babies aren't fallen creatures, in the very least.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Sorry, I told you that there are many people at my house right now and I need to be involved. With them.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
When did someone demonstrate that I'm fallen? I think perhaps I know more about myself than another person does.

Or that babies are fallen creatures? I think I made a pretty decent case for why babies aren't fallen creatures, in the very least.

When you used a double standard, it is a clear evidence that you are fallen IMV.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
When you used a double standard, it is a clear evidence that you are fallen IMV.

Stop do that double standard of making actions in the real world and claiming it is not really relevant because it is only beliefs.

Let me explain to you how it works. Remember it is an example but it get the point acrross.

Let say I believe you should die, but it is not relevant that I actually act on it, because it is only a belief.

In other words in real life you do more that just believing, but you hide behind that.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
By the way, I am not preaching or proselytizing to anyone or to anything.

Let me ask you something about your beliefs? Do you ever act based on any of them in regards to other humans. If yes, then you are hidding behind that it is only beliefs, because they have consequences for other humans.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Despite you and @Sgt. Pepper being two kind and decent people, you're dealing with two people who have been taught that you're born defective: "spiritually degraded from the get go." This is the congenital disease that they have been taught afflicts all mankind, and luckily, their religion has the antidote. I doubt that either would think about either of you in these terms had they been humanists instead.

Consider how antithetical that perspective is to humanism, which acknowledges the possibility of human excellence and sees man in terms of his potential. One esteems education and self-actualization where the other has a problem with the "foolishness of the world" and man forgetting his place and usurping the role of a god in his life.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Since the other poster is Christian, I'd like to say that I think this is common among the majority of Christians on RF, as is the preaching and proselytizing.
Not really…. we are just sharing our perspective. No more “preaching and/or proselytizing” than anyone else.