• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donald and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Interview

We Never Know

No Slack
As I said race can not always be quantified by fractions, I did not say it never can. That depends on a variety of factors like the ones I spelled out in post 11.

But there is no such thing as 100% anything. Every human being on earth shares genetic material with every other human being. And we share phenotypic traits as well,

Someone can be biracial, but what are their experiences in the world? Do security guards follow them around stores because they are "black", or do only half the security follow them? Can they get picked up by half a taxi? You see how it is not so simple.

This is interesting.

"It was also discovered that 10% of Black Americans are more than 50% white. And according to the same study there are 50 million whites with at least one Black ancestor"

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
I watched Donald Trump being interviewed in Chicago for the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ), and I have to say, if this is a guy trying to drum up some support from black voters, he is totally off his rocker. It was, in my opinion, the single worst interview I have ever seen in my life -- and I've seen a lot.

Just one really quick quote, to give you a taste -- Trump claimed that Kamala Harris "has always been Indian, then decided to turn black, and should be investigated for it."

I'm linking just an overview by one (admittedly left-wing) source, but you can find the entire online if you wish, though I have to say I only recommend it to people who like poking dead animals with sticks.

What a trainwreck... I like this comment under the video:

He dug the biggest hole. Huge. Nobody has ever seen a hole this big. A man with a shovel came up to him with tears in his eyes and said “sir….”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are you sure about that? Once again it appears that you did not read your own source since it does not make the claims that you make. In fact it says this about Harris's father:

"Donald was born in Jamaica in 1938. He was the son of Afro-Jamaican parents, and he had the majority of his schooling in the country. He eventually graduated from the University of the West Indies, per Biography."
The third one now that's not paying attention you just want to see what you want to see and ignore what's essentially biting you right in the face.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Are you sure about that? Once again it appears that you did not read your own source since it does not make the claims that you make. In fact it says this about Harris's father:

"Donald was born in Jamaica in 1938. He was the son of Afro-Jamaican parents, and he had the majority of his schooling in the country. He eventually graduated from the University of the West Indies, per Biography."
Again you completely bypass what was obvious and looking at you right in the face. In fact, I'll put the snippet right here for everybody to see because like I said, a bunch of you just don't pay attention or don't want to.

"Shyamala was a Tamil Indian-American born in the southeastern state of Tamil Nadu. Her father, P.V. Gopalan, was a senior civil servant and a member of the privileged, elite, ancient Tamil Brahmin caste, Biography reports. "

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Again you completely bypass what was obvious and looking at you right in the face. In fact, I'll put the snippet right here for everybody to see because like I said, a bunch of you just don't pay attention or don't want to.

"Shyamala was a Tamil Indian-American born in the southeastern state of Tamil Nadu. Her father, P.V. Gopalan, was a senior civil servant and a member of the privileged, elite, ancient Tamil Brahmin caste, Biography reports. "
That's Kamala's mother's parents. Yes, her Indian grandparents were of an elite caste.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
That's Kamala's mother's parents. Yes, her Indian grandparents were of an elite caste.

Yes, Shyamala's father was the member of the Tamil Brahmin caste.

Harris' parents, Donald Harris and Shyamala Gopalan, were both born in 1938. Donald was the son of Afro-Jamaican parents, and he attended local schools before graduating from the University of the West Indies.

Finally. Someone paying attention.
When you are discussing a subject with someone it is necessary to clarify whom you are referring to. Your original statement wasn't clear has to whether you were talking about Kamala or her mother, which caused understandable confusion. But instead of being polite you decided to be hostile and aggressive accusing everyone who asked you to clarify of not paying attention. Why did you choose to do that instead of simply clarifying what you meant?

We Never Know

No Slack

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Obviously you don't pay attention.

LMAO!! Shyamala is not Kamala. did you not notice that the names are spelled differently. That should have been a clue. That describes Shyamala's two parents.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I saw it as more playing to his base who really does get worked up and pissed off over this nonsense.
Trump is an idiot who keeps working hard to reinforce the votes of people who will already vote for him no matter what. Meanwhile he's losing the black voter. Trump seems to think he has so many voters already that he can aford to **** off quite a few.
Like those who made a stink and fuss over Obama and their belief he isn't black. These are people who are really stupid, dumb and offensive when it comes to race, the sort who see an American Hispanic individual and think "Mexican."
Yeah, right wingers think anything south of Texas is Mexico. Ask them where Argentina is and they think it must be close to Germany since that's where all the Nazis went. Ask them about Brazil and they say it's an island near Australia. No, that's New Zealand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, Shyamala's father was the member of the Tamil Brahmin caste.

Harris' parents, Donald Harris and Shyamala Gopalan, were both born in 1938. Donald was the son of Afro-Jamaican parents, and he attended local schools before graduating from the University of the West Indies.
Maybe he believes in the virgin birth. At least he got the sex of the resulting child correct. Kamala's father is obviously just like Joseph. Father in name only. I wonder if I am "paying attention" now?