• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downward spiral of morals in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
.... was referencing the approval of professionals for affirming that these atrocities are considered normal behavior, in which I deny.

Baladerdash! Professionals do not regard Pedophilic Disorder as "normal".

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not the one that wrote the bible, and the bible states God's feelings on this issue, so how in the world could it be my hubris when I follow the bible? Would you like scripture to verify God's feelings on this?
You are the one hiding behind the Bible.
Problem is that your God is not the shield you think it is.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
The LGBTQ has added another letter to there logo, it's now LGBTQP which is Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transsexual, Queer, and now pedophilia.
What is your source for the P meaning pedophilia?
Did you read it somewhere, someone told you, or perhaps you saw the added "P" and just jumped to pedophilia?

Acim

Revelation all the time
Folks, this country has spiraled downward since 1961, when divorce was the big issue, and now, we have all of this to deal with, pitiful. We need God in our lives more now than ever before.

Knowing that God has clearly never left our lives, then one might think it is more a matter of removing the plank from own eye before removing the speck from another's eyes (or all other eyes).
But please do let me know when condemnation and persecution works in establishing God's morality, in your eyes, for this country.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The American Psychiatric Diagnostic Manual is the so called sacred book on what's considered normal and abnormal in regards to mental health.
Actually, it is the best consensus medical professionals can make on those matters. That is why its understanding changes over time.

One of the consequences is that it reflects a better acceptance of LGBTQI. As well it should.

For the record, the letter "P", when used in such contexts, stand for "Pansexual", not "Pedophile". I long for the day when such venomous discourse becomes a forgotten thing of the past.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a two way street, don't you think? What makes other people's belief better than mine, sounds quite bias, actually it's very bias to the point of being absurd.

Did I say better? Where did I say better? Everyone's beliefs are right for them. Your beliefs are not right for me, mine are not right for you. Neither is superior or inferior to another.

jonathan180iq

I agree that society is spiraling downward in accepting more and more subsets of deviancy and immorality. It is sad that most people here are attacking you for trying to write about morality. There is a current societal (and political) trend developing that people that hold to morality should be banned, or maybe even outlawed. I don't understand how perversion is being elevated to being a societal norm. But the Supreme Court and this American Psychiatric group are helping this trend and going the wrong way.
Is his misrepresentation of facts moral?
Should he be given a free-ride for making a factually false claim while, in the same post, lamenting the societal recession of morality?

Why don't we condemn his lying in a public forum the same way we condemn the private sexual actions of individuals?

Which of the two is a bigger problem for social morality, in your opinion?

Burl

Everyone's beliefs are right for them. Your beliefs are not right for me, mine are not right for you. Neither is superior or inferior to another.
Pedo
Power
for the
Peeps

sku_122267_1.jpg

shava

Did I say better? Where did I say better? Everyone's beliefs are right for them. Your beliefs are not right for me, mine are not right for you. Neither is superior or inferior to another.
That's right, "Everyone's beliefs are right for them." so why criticize me, why not criticize the LGBTQP, or is it that you feel they have rights, which I don't.

shava

Other people do not seem to be claiming to tell you what God believes in.
And your point is? I know what the bible says, so why would I need others to tell me what God says when I can read the bible for myself, your post is senseless.

shava

Actually, it is the best consensus medical professionals can make on those matters. That is why its understanding changes over time.

One of the consequences is that it reflects a better acceptance of LGBTQI. As well it should.

For the record, the letter "P", when used in such contexts, stand for "Pansexual", not "Pedophile". I long for the day when such venomous discourse becomes a forgotten thing of the past.
I bet you do. What's your feelings on the God of the Holy Bible?

shava

Knowing that God has clearly never left our lives, then one might think it is more a matter of removing the plank from own eye before removing the speck from another's eyes (or all other eyes).
But please do let me know when condemnation and persecution works in establishing God's morality, in your eyes, for this country.
Christians are commanded to judge, how else would we as Christians be able to correct someone's error of scriptures, like yours for instance. King James Bible, John 7:24.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And your point is?
That you should earn your attention and your reputation.

I know what the bible says,
Perhaps. Or perhaps you like to use it to support your prejudices. I don't much care either way, truth be told.
so why would I need others to tell me what God says when I can read the bible for myself, your post is senseless.
I see you are an expert on that.

Still, there is hardly any credibility to be had on claiming that the Bible tells you to insult LGBT* people. You should accept that already.
I bet you do. What's your feelings on the God of the Holy Bible?
It is not a very advisable reference for anyone to have. Far too easy to project one's biases on it. Worse still, it has become fashionable to believe that such a thing does not happen.

Generally speaking, Gods are far more trouble than they are worth. That is definitely true of Abraham's God.

shava

That you should earn your attention and your reputation.

Perhaps. Or perhaps you like to use it to support your prejudices. I don't much care either way, truth be told.

I see you are an expert on that.

Still, there is hardly any credibility to be had on claiming that the Bible tells you to insult LGBT* people. You should accept that already.

It is not a very advisable reference for anyone to have. Far too easy to project one's biases on it. Worse still, it has become fashionable to believe that such a thing does not happen.

Generally speaking, Gods are far more trouble than they are worth. That is definitely true of Abraham's God.
Do you actually think that a Christian cares about your opinion on religious matters in which you are completely biblically absent of?

Status
Not open for further replies.