• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk personally thwarted a Ukrainian attack and saved the Russian Navy

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah. Because Russia is objectively in the wrong in the war.
That's not really so. It's subjective becuase
"wrong" depends upon one's values.
People who support invasion, rape, murder,
& theft as tools to advance Putin's agenda
of thwarting western decadence, & reinforcing
Christian values would say that he's doing
God's work. This explains why so many
actually support violent conquest of Ukraine.

There's also the Russian self defense perspective.
What if France & Poland decided to invade Russia?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Considering what was done during the Obama administration, Putin is a saint, in comparison.
We are speaking of a very small geographical area where the Don river flows.

Last edited:

Friend of Mara

Actually objectively? No. I was being hyperbolic with the usage of that word. But I don't see many history books writing Russia as the protagonist of the war.

The only part that actually made sense to me (because obviously I'm an expert in international diplomacy and trans European/Asian policy) was that Putin wanted to avoid Ukraine joining NATO. Which ironically his actions were the only thing he could have done to get NATO to actually accept Ukraine into their ranks.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Exactly!
We just have different values.
Your values comport with Saint Putin's.
Mine don't.
If your values include the destruction of Europe as civilization...surely. :)

I said "if", I underline.

But it would confirm the reason why Nuland said that very refined expression about the EU.

Friend of Mara

Considering what was done during the Obama administration, Putin is a saint, in comparison.
We are speaking of a vert limited geographical area where the Don river flows.
Listen Russia comes in second place to the US quite a lot now. Its no surprise being a global terroristic threat that flexes its military superiority over smaller nations in order to advance their own domestic political agenda is just done better in the good old US of A. Not to get too American exceptionalist as I am sure Russia is doing their very best but they are working in one theater that is close to home with direct lines of engagement. The US juggles at least a few at any given moment around the globe. Each with different complex lines of engagement and most not against collective military operations. Not to mention we still allow fact checkers in our media so we have to be even sneaker about our justifications for actions. lol.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If your values include the destruction of Europe as civilization...surely. :)

I said "if", I underline.

But it would confirm the reason why Nuland said that very refined expression about the EU.
Wait, you are the one advocating for the invasion of Europe by other countries. Or doesn't it count because Russia is part "European"?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Wait, you are the one advocating for the invasion of Europe by other countries. Or doesn't it count because Russia is part "European"?
Russia is European.
Because her two most important cities are European: Moscow and Saint Petersburg.
And the third is Sevastopol.

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

Let's say that you observe a thug brutally assaulting
someone...perhaps your spouse. Would you argue
that to help defend the victim is just part of the
assault, & therefore wrong?

Is that what America is doing, protecting my spouse from assault? Or is Ukraine America’s spouse? These simple analogies can be quite confusing.

Notwithstanding, let’s try another; you observe two tough looking individuals shouting in a language you don’t understand. The larger of the two assaults the smaller, the smaller retaliates, and the two of them continue to exchange blows. Do you;
a) walk by looking the other way,
b) intervene in the hope of defusing the situation, or
c) take sides and escalate the conflict until either it ends in the destruction - to your benefit - of one of the protagonists, or you become distracted by something else?

And why, incidentally, does the prospect of the world being policed by a country that doesn’t exactly shine at policing it’s own citizens, make me feel so uncomfortable?