• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eucharist levitation miracle assisted by the late Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger of Par

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
This always seem to happen with us. :(

We are both characterizing something as a norm.

I think you and I are probably not even using the same mode of thinking about thinking, which is why I can count on one hand the number of conversations where we seemed to connect with one another.

Frankly, discussions between you and I are fruitless enough in my opinion that I generally don't try to engage with you, Victor. That's not an insult and I'm not placing blame. But if I seem short in conversations with you it's because I'm not interested in writing out or reading the amount of explaining necessary for you and I to communicate with one another on even a basic level.

Post# 20 you said:
"Miracle" is a judgment, not an external thing.

And I disagreed.

And I wouldn't have expected you to agree.
:peace:

FFH

Veteran Member
...or is this a precurser to greater miracles to come, performed by other Cardinals taught by Lustiger and others like him ???

Will there be greater miracles performed in the name of God, but actually being of another source ????

Is there a hidden agenda ???

I also need to say that I've experienced the power of God in many ways...

One experience comes to mind very strongly...

Nothing is impossible with God, but other gods have limits...

Let me explain...

I was traveling down a very nicely newly paved road at the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan, houses on the hill on either side, very very nice mid class Japanese housing developements on either side, with the mountain just behind us where the developement ended.

With my LDS missionary companion behind me we started down the long descent down to our apartment at level ground, It was a good 5 or 10 minute thrill down a mildly steep incline. We could get up to 30 mph or so... It was dark and my companion knew I like to speed down this hill had I only a generator light that ran off the front wheel of the bike and it was insufficient, so I couldn't see very far ahead of me and he warned me to be careful.

I ignored him of course and got to a certain point down the hill a ways and the curb jetted out a bit and there was no time to avoid it, so I just slammed on the brakes and the front wheel locked up and I didn't hit the curb but was thrown violently off the bike and was upside down going probably 20 mph...

I felt an unseen force suspend me in mid air and set me right side down as light as a feather, it was a fluid motion, almost undetectable, but I felt every aspect of my physical body being "held" or slowed down and set down on my feet and walked away from any harm. Niether I or my bike had a scratch...

My companion was shocked, to say the least, and said, and I quote, "I can't believe what just happened to you"...

We, for some reason, never spoke about it to each other other than what he had just said.

Miracles happen and there is a spirit that attends them that causes you to be reverenced and silenced, because you know you've been in the presence of a being more powerful than yourself...

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I stand corrected.

Who say's "it's a judgment that one will stop looking for an explanation" as the norm for categorizing it as a miracle?
Isn't that what one has already done when one settled on the label "miracle" for it?

FFH

Veteran Member

Mt. Fuji from the Bullet Train

This video is traveling south, right through Fuji City, where I live for 8 months and had this miracle happen to me while riding down the base of Mt. Fuji....

You can actually see the apartment building we stayed in, as missionaries, in this U-tube video (Look at the minute counter and at exactly 59 seconds to 1 minute pause and you'll see the apartment building we stayed in, right next to the tracks)

Beautiful area of Japan, we had an awesome veiw of Mt.Fuji every morning, at least most of it, because it was almost always clouded over..

It cleared about once a month so we could see the top like this shot shows...

If you were to turn around 180 degrees you would also see the ocean...so we would not only take trips up Mt. Fuji, but also to the beach..

Random

I am interested in human beings levitating without mechanical or scientific appendage. This "miracle" is not very impressive, but it certainly brightened up the Mass I'm sure.

FFH

Veteran Member
Isn't that what one has already done when one settled on the label "miracle" for it?
If this is not a cheap trick then it's a miracle, which has defied natural law...

Has anyone found a link confirming/'acknowledging this as miracle by the Vatican ???

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I am interested in human beings levitating without mechanical or scientific appendage. This "miracle" is not very impressive, but it certainly brightened up the Mass I'm sure.
It's a magnet. I can spot magnet behaivor anywhere.

Used to work and play with magnets in a high-tech magnet application industry.

Random

Again, what if the priest or his assistant is telekinetic? Is this miraculous or a pseudo-scientific revelation? C'mon people, think! :areyoucra

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Acually, it looks more like air got into it and formed a bubble. If you watch it again, and look closely when the camera zooms in, they're touching in the center. No hovering involved.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If this is not a cheap trick then it's a miracle, which has defied natural law...

Has anyone found a link confirming/'acknowledging this as miracle by the Vatican ???

FFH, why is the hypothesis above less reasonable than that of a miracle?

Your explanation so far has implied a degree of deception on the part of the priests performing the service; if it's a given that the priests weren't playing proper cricket, why do you need to invoke supernatural causes at all?

FFH

Veteran Member

Has anyone found a link confirming or acknowledging this as a miracle by the Vatican ???

FFH

Veteran Member

Yeah was thinking that too, just a few minutes ago and was wondering if someone would bring that up....

FFH

Veteran Member
Again, what if the priest or his assistant is telekinetic? Is this miraculous or a pseudo-scientific revelation? C'mon people, think! :areyoucra
Yeah, that's along the lines I was thinking of...

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Acually, it looks more like air got into it and formed a bubble. If you watch it again, and look closely when the camera zooms in, they're touching in the center. No hovering involved.
Actually, you can see right through in certain angles. Sometimes zooming in actually creates blurred edges.

FFH

Veteran Member
Yeah, I was also wondering when someone would bring that up too...

It looks a little like that to me too...

Who knows, but the way it oscilates, when it first hovers, is not characteristic of that type of scenario, or of magnetic energy..

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH, why is the hypothesis above less reasonable than that of a miracle?
The oscillating features of this miracle are not consistent with magnets..

Your explanation so far has implied a degree of deception on the part of the priests performing the service; if it's a given that the priests weren't playing proper cricket, why do you need to invoke supernatural causes at all?
You misunderstand me..

The deception is that it's God performing this miracle, when in acutality it's from another source..

God is not the only one who has powers, there are other gods with similar powers...

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

God himself recognizes that there are other gods, with powers similar to his own...

What limit do you think these gods have power to do ???? Can they also raise the dead ???

Can they cause earthquakes or lightning and fire to reign down from the heavens, etc. ????

According to scripture they have certain powers given to them by God which they are allowed to use...for the time being...

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
The oscillating features of this miracle are not consistent with magnets..

You misunderstand me..

The deception is that it's God performing this miracle, when in acutality it's from another source..

God is not the only one who has powers, there are other gods with similar powers...

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

God himself recognizes that there are other gods, with powers similar to his own...

What limit do you think these gods have power to do ???? Can they also raise the dead ???

Can they cause earthquakes or lightning and fire to reign down from the heavens, etc. ????

According to scripture they have certain powers given to them by God which they are allowed to use...for the time being...

So, are you trying to say that Catholics are Pagans? :confused: