• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Republicans are beginning to notice Trump's dementia.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not that he doesn't have every right to. If someone makes accusations against him, he has every right to speak in defense of himself. But I can see that you believe that some people don't have even a First Amendment right. Especially if it's someone you don't like.
The First Amendment protects political speech. What he was doing was verbally abusing the woman that he raped. One does not have a First Amendment protection to do that. Trump is a slow learner. It appears that we now know the magic number to get him to learn.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not that I do not fear another 4 years of the disaster we know as the Blue team .. but Trump's chances of getting back in to the White house are looking pretty good .. not so much thanks to anything Trump has done, but how horrific the alternative has become with Genocide Joe and the prog cancel club at the helm.
Four years of disaster? You do not seem to follow the news at all.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Not that I do not fear another 4 years of the disaster we know as the Blue team .. but Trump's chances of getting back in to the White house are looking pretty good .. not so much thanks to anything Trump has done, but how horrific the alternative has become with Genocide Joe and the prog cancel club at the helm.
You watch too much right wing disinformation media.

What reputable media reveals is Trump losing in court over and over. And his declining mental state. In another 8 months of legal trouble he will spiral a further mental breakdown. Wait until Biden's campaign shows all Trump's insanity in ads.

Sargonski

I see that you do not understand justice either. No, punitive damages have to be higher for the rich, otherwise they are not punitive.

And guess what? So far it worked. Trump Tweeted after the decision and he wisely (for once) did not mention E. Jean Carroll.

Equal Justice under the law - is not just about how capable the mark is of paying .. but how much the Gold digger deserves .. in satisfaction of "Punishment should fit the crime". In the case of Trump .. we don't even have a crime .. thus there should be no punishment .. this civil trial nonsense is an anathema to the Rule of Law .. and principles of Justice .. a kangaroo process in of itself .. Innocent until proven guilty friend .. let those words mean something to you one day.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Equal Justice under the law - is not just about how capable the mark is of paying .. but how much the Gold digger deserves .. in satisfaction of "Punishment should fit the crime". In the case of Trump .. we don't even have a crime .. thus there should be no punishment .. this civil trial nonsense is an anathema to the Rule of Law .. and principles of Justice .. a kangaroo process in of itself .. Innocent until proven guilty friend .. let those words mean something to you one day.
You do not understand justice. You keep demonstrating that. If anything they were too nice to Trump.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You have no clue what a strawman argument and you have no proof that he went beyond copping a feel .. and why would you care that Trump disagree's with the amount of the fine. The fine is obscene .. and you claiming I admitted I was wring is a strawman fallacy ..

What words were put in your mouth such that you are claiming strawman friend ? time to figure out what a strawman fallacy is.
LMAO! From the person that sounds as if he was a creationist every time that you try to apply a logical fallacy. You do make me laugh at times.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sounds like you believe trumps accusers but not bidens. Both cases are solely based on one persons account.
The fact that you are attempting to depict these as equivalent indicates either than you can't judge character or that character doesn't matter to you. There is nothing about Biden that suggests that he would sexually assault a woman or commit any other crime violent or white collar. And there is much about Trump that would lead us to believe that would and does. Like I said, you either don't notice or don't care.
An award that high is just further evidence that it was a vindictive judgement. If they would have given the accuser what she wanted, that would have been considered a simple judgement for her side. But to multiply it many time over, that shows it was vindictive
No, that shows that it was decided that the smaller punitive damage had been ineffective and a much larger amount would be needed to serve as an incentive to shut him up. As was noted, it seems to have shut him up at least overnight: Donald Trump stunned into silence
If someone makes accusations against him, he has every right to speak in defense of himself. But I can see that you believe that some people don't have even a First Amendment right. Especially if it's someone you don't like.
He said his piece without being arrested and he can continue defaming her without fear of arrest, but he will need to pay to play that game. Speech is not always free of charge.
you have no proof that he went beyond copping a feel
I don't think we have "proof" of even that, but none is needed. None was needed to find for the plaintiff twice now, just a preponderance of evidence.
The fine is obscene
The groping as you called it was obscene (and illegal though he was and likely never will be criminally charged for it). Trump is obscene; repugnant even to his wife. The judgment was just. Whatever it takes to shut the man up is justified. If he does it again, the punitive damages need to be increased to several hundred million dollars next time.
Equal Justice under the law - is not just about how capable the mark is of paying .. but how much the Gold digger deserves
Compensatory damages depend on what the victim has suffered and what that's worth independent of the defendant's ability to pay, but punitive damages are based in what a person can afford to pay.

Don't worry about Trump. In a deposition in an unrelated case in New York, he claimed to have $400 million in cash at that time and $10 billion dollars net worth. Letitia James is reportedly seeking another $370 million, and may get more, since Trump has offended that judge (how do suppose Engoron feels about Trump given this: https://www.reuters.com/legal/new-y...target-threats-aimed-us-officials-2024-01-11/ ).

A couple hundred million dollars is chump change to a man with $10 billion dollars, although one wonders why he went to a bail bondsman to post bail, and why his legal expenses (that get paid) are being paid using campaign contributions: Lawyers, Trump and money: Ex-president spends millions in donor cash on attorneys as legal woes grow.

You don't suppose he was lying about his wealth, do you? If so, that might have been a mistake.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The First Amendment protects political speech. What he was doing was verbally abusing the woman that he raped. One does not have a First Amendment protection to do that. Trump is a slow learner. It appears that we now know the magic number to get him to learn.
By saying she's not his type? I've "abused" women that way all my life.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Four years of disaster? You do not seem to follow the news at all.
The Afghanistan pullout where we lost everything gained over the past 20 years?
The Russian invasion of Ukraine?
Hamas attack on Israel?
Merchant ships and oil tankers attack and sunk by Iranian backed militias armed with ballistic missiles?
Looks like everything is right on track with what biden's handlers (and democrap bootlickers) want.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Afghanistan pullout where we lost everything gained over the past 20 years?
The Russian invasion of Ukraine?
Hamas attack on Israel?
Merchant ships and oil tankers attack and sunk by Iranian backed militias armed with ballistic missiles?
Looks like everything is right on track with what biden's handlers (and democrap bootlickers) want.
OK, so you don't follow the news.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Can you prove any cheating by Trump in the primaries?
I never claimed that.

I was referring to the general election. Trump lost in 2020 and coordinated fraud with co-conspirators and failed. Given his second loss at defamation against Carroll it’s apparent he doesn’t learn from prior failures and we should be on the lookout for him and his supporters to attempt election fraud again.

Would you support Trump committing election fraud if he could get away with it?

Laniakea

Not of this world
I never claimed that.

I was referring to the general election. Trump lost in 2020 and coordinated fraud with co-conspirators and failed. Given his second loss at defamation against Carroll it’s apparent he doesn’t learn from prior failures and we should be on the lookout for him and his supporters to attempt election fraud again.

Wonderful conspiracy theory you got there. Let me know if you have anything you'd like to add to it.