• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even Republicans are beginning to notice Trump's dementia.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Yeah totally. You give Republicans an immigration bill with pretty much everything they want in it. And what do they decide to do, at Trump's urging? Forget about it and wait til the next election, because passing legislation might help Biden look good and we can't have that.

That's where the Republicans are at right now, at the command of Dear Leader.
Republicans now own the "open borders" they claim Joe Biden wants.

I wasn't aware that we wanted 5,000 illegals to continue coming over the border each and every day.

Laniakea

Not of this world
It looks like you're cool with it, save for a couple of Republicans like James Lankford.
All because you fear it might make Biden look good. What a terrible way to decide on legislation.
Too bad, you guys own it now.
No fear at all. There's not much left in this world that could make Biden look good.
Not for supporting Israel; democrats hate him for that.
Not for his DEI choice of a black lady to be VP and then border czar; she's basically a no-call, no-show for that job.
Not for his choice of ice cream flavor. Just makes him look even weaker if that's what gets his attention.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No fear at all. There's not much left in this world that could make Biden look good.
Not for supporting Israel; democrats hate him for that.
Not for his DEI choice of a black lady to be VP and then border czar; she's basically a no-call, no-show for that job.
Not for his choice of ice cream flavor. Just makes him look even weaker if that's what gets his attention.
Oopsy you changed the subject.

"DEI Choice of a black lady to be VP." Yikes.
Why do I often see this racist undertone in your posts?

Laniakea

Not of this world
How are human beings that are filing for asylum in the USA illegal? The process is legal domestically and internationally.

Could your attitude be a bias as influenced by toxic right wing rhetoric?
Asylum is legal in the first country they cross into from wherever they're leaving. 170 countries are not on our border.
Insane asylum is more accurate.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Oopsy you changed the subject.

"DEI Choice of a black lady to be VP." Yikes.
Why do I often see this racist undertone in your posts?
Because that's what you want to see. It's one of the go-to deflections of the liberal class.
BTW, don't change the subject.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because that's what you want to see. It's one of the go-to deflections of the liberal class.
Well, when you say stuff like this:

"DEI Choice of a black lady to be VP."

It makes me wonder.
I don't say stuff like that.

In another thread, you were trying to tell me that black people are more prone to shoplifting than other people, but seem to have abandoned that when I started asking questions.
BTW, don't change the subject.
Um, you changed the subject as I just pointed out.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Well, when you say stuff like this:

"DEI Choice of a black lady to be VP."

It makes me wonder.
I don't say stuff like that.

He admitted to choosing her based on her being a black woman. It didn't make him look good. That's what you were bringing up that I replied to, remember? Here:
All because you fear it might make Biden look good.

Clearly, it didn't make him look good. It was just a virtue-signal to black people to convince them to vote for him.

In another thread, you were trying to tell me that black people are more prone to shoplifting than other people, but seem to have abandoned that when I started asking questions.

Understandable if they weren't valid questions.

Um, you changed the subject as I just pointed out.

And as I corrected you (and you have now learned), you are the one who changed it, and haven't stopped trying to.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
He admitted to choosing her based on her being a black woman. It didn't make him look good. That's what you were bringing up that I replied to, remember? Here:
“No, I didn’t feel pressure to select a Black woman,” Biden told ABC’s Robin Roberts in a newly-released clip from a joint interview with Harris set to air in full Sunday night. “But I - what I do think and I’ve said it before, and you’ve heard me say it. I’ve probably said it on your show with you, is that the government should look like the people, look like the country.”

“Fifty-one percent of the people in this country are women,” he continued. “As that old expression goes, women hold up half the sky, and in order to be able to succeed, you’ve got to be dealt in across the board, and no matter what you say, you cannot, I cannot understand and fully appreciate what it means to walk in her shoes, to be an African American woman, with a Indian American background, child of immigrants.”

Clearly, it didn't make him look good. It was just a virtue-signal to black people to convince them to vote for him.
This response I gave was in regards to the immigration bill.
Understandable if they weren't valid questions.
They were very valid questions. You ignored them completely.
And as I corrected you (and you have now learned), you are the one who changed it, and haven't stopped trying to.
No, you changed it in Post #644. I pointed it out in Post #645.
You're projecting.

Laniakea

Not of this world
“No, I didn’t feel pressure to select a Black woman,” Biden told ABC’s Robin Roberts in a newly-released clip from a joint interview with Harris set to air in full Sunday night. “But I - what I do think and I’ve said it before, and you’ve heard me say it. I’ve probably said it on your show with you, is that the government should look like the people, look like the country.”

“Fifty-one percent of the people in this country are women,” he continued. “As that old expression goes, women hold up half the sky, and in order to be able to succeed, you’ve got to be dealt in across the board, and no matter what you say, you cannot, I cannot understand and fully appreciate what it means to walk in her shoes, to be an African American woman, with a Indian American background, child of immigrants.”

Just another example of biden's ramblings. Talking to a black female reporter about choosing a black woman. Nice softball! And he still just rambled in his response and didn't answer the question about why he chose sex and skin color over everything else.

This response I gave was in regards to the immigration bill.

And it was about how biden would supposedly "look good". I showed you how he has failed to do that in every way so far. No need to "fear" him looking good at this point.

They were very valid questions. You ignored them completely.

Further evidence that your questions were invalid.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Just another example of biden's ramblings. Talking to a black female reporter about choosing a black woman. Nice softball! And he still just rambled in his response and didn't answer the question about why he chose sex and skin color over everything else.
It contradicts your claim. And you dismiss it as "biden's [sic] ramblings." Which is to say, you just dismiss it out of hand.
And it was about how biden would supposedly "look good". I showed you how he has failed to do that in every way so far. No need to "fear" him looking good at this point.
In regards to the immigration legislation. You've yet to address that point, IN REGARDS TO THE IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION and the Republicans actions surrounding it.
Further evidence that your questions were invalid.
LOL How is that evidence my questions were invalid? Do you even know what evidence is?

Laniakea

Not of this world
It contradicts your claim. And you dismiss it as "biden's [sic] ramblings." Which is to say, you just dismiss it out of hand.

"women hold up half the sky, and in order to be able to succeed"
"no matter what you say, you cannot, I cannot understand and fully appreciate what it means to walk in her shoes, to be an African American woman, with a Indian American background, child of immigrants.”

Yes, ramblings that don't justify choosing a VP based on skin color. The past 3 years of her own word-salad speeches are evidence that "black woman" alone didn't qualify her to be VP. Her record-low approval numbers indicate that the public has realized it as well.

In regards to the immigration legislation. You've yet to address that point, IN REGARDS TO THE IMMIGRATION LEGISLATION and the Republicans actions surrounding it.

Passing it wouldn't solve the problem, so it's bad legislation. Doesn't secure the border, and doesn't make biden look good. Just makes him (and the country) look weak.

LOL How is that evidence my questions were invalid? Do you even know what evidence is?

If they were valid, I would have answered. Since they were not, I didn't.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Which explains the record-deficit spending by the current dem in office.
Trump blamed for biden's actions in 3.....2....1......
Dude, this has been explained to you. More than once. If you admit that you ignored earlier explanations then I will gladly do so again. Oh,, here is a hint. The record deficit does not belong to Biden, but is very very related to this. Who is the President with the record spending?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Dude, this has been explained to you. More than once. If you admit that you ignored earlier explanations then I will gladly do so again. Oh,, here is a hint. The record deficit does not belong to Biden, but is very very related to this. Who is the President with the record spending?

And there it is! Trump blamed for biden's actions! (Who didn't see that coming?)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And there it is! Trump blamed for biden's actions! (Who didn't see that coming?)
I did not blame Trump. If you had been paying attention you would have known that. I do not blame either Trump or Biden on the massive spending that you are *****ing and moaning about. I merely pointed out that Biden has not had the highest deficit. That was Trump. Was it Trump's fault? No. It was something that had to be done.

Your TDS is acting up again. Just because you were corrected for an errant claim does not mean that the person that corrected you was attacking Trump. Trump's highest deficit was in 2020. That was about 3.13 trillion dollars. Biden's record deficit was in 2021 at 2.77 trillion dollars. The Ukraine and the further recovery from covid affected economies around the world. That was why we had a bounce back in the deficit, but not anywhere near the amounts during the pandemic. The deficit would probably have been almost identical if Trump was in office since he would have seen the same problems:

Laniakea

Not of this world
I did not blame Trump. If you had been paying attention you would have known that. I do not blame either Trump or Biden on the massive spending that you are *****ing and moaning about. I merely pointed out that Biden has not had the highest deficit. That was Trump. Was it Trump's fault? No. It was something that had to be done.

Your TDS is acting up again. Just because you were corrected for an errant claim does not mean that the person that corrected you was attacking Trump. Trump's highest deficit was in 2020. That was about 3.13 trillion dollars. Biden's record deficit was in 2021 at 2.77 trillion dollars. The Ukraine and the further recovery from covid affected economies around the world. That was why we had a bounce back in the deficit, but not anywhere near the amounts during the pandemic. The deficit would probably have been almost identical if Trump was in office since he would have seen the same problems:

He wouldn't have had similar problems because he wouldn't have made biden's mistakes.