• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

SavedByTheLord

So you should consider the possibility that your interpretation is flawed ... Do you think Sataniel is going to show up breathing fire with horns and a red cape ? The vast majority of Christians do not accept Sola Fide - those you classify as "Unbelievers" ?! - Maybe it is the "Saved by Lord Martin" crowd that has it wrong .. and there is no such thing as a free pass through judgement !?

Now go learn chess notation .. the first step on path to enlightenment !
The word of God is so clear that there is no other interpretation.
Just Satan deceiving.

Sargonski

The word of God is so clear that there is no other interpretation.
Just Satan deceiving.
What word of God was that friend .. and why are you speaking in riddles hiding your meaning .. or are we supposed to guess what word you have heard of the word of God in this game of deception. Tell us friend what have you heard of the word of God so clear that there is no other interpretation other than one is saved by Lord Martin's sola fide dogma ?

and what of this deceitful interpretation from Satan .. do not hide the Truth from us friend .. enquiring minds want to know.

SavedByTheLord

Do you solely read the King James Bible?

I ask because you've said almost exactly what I've heard some Christians say who solely read the King James Bible.
I only read, study, and use the KJB unless I am using the new verions to show all the errors that they contain and therefore the attack of Satan against the word of God and the gospel of Christ.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Whether telescope or microscope, all reveal the staggering evidence against evolution and billions of years.
Only if you have a warped belief to start with. Most with even average intelligence are quite capable of recognising the truth of existence being very old when the vast majority of evidence points to such.

Lol. Scientific? Sure. Answers in Genesis is a creationist apologetics site. It is not anywhere close to being scientific. Noah's Ark is a myth.

My favorite part about Noah's Ark is how the herbivores all waited to eat until their food regrew and all the carnivores waited to eat until their prey reproduced enough after the flood.

Seriously, Noah's Ark? There are other things I'd like to say but I don't want to get banned.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Lol. Scientific? Sure. Answers in Genesis is a creationist apologetics site. It is not anywhere close to being scientific. Noah's Ark is a myth.

My favorite part about Noah's Ark is how the herbivores all waited to eat until their food regrew and all the carnivores waited to eat until their prey reproduced enough after the flood.

Seriously, Noah's Ark? There are other things I'd like to say but I don't want to get banned.
Joseph Campbell has in my view credibly demonstrated that .Myths. have an underlying true event. We should not get fixed on herbivores and the like. The biblical narrative is consistent with a local flood. That resolves most of such issues.

Audie

Veteran Member
Joseph Campbell has in my view credibly demonstrated that .Myths. have an underlying true event. We should not get fixed on herbivores and the like. The biblical narrative is consistent with a local flood. That resolves most of such issues.
To say the account is consistent with local flood is as absurd as saying it was wotld wide.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Joseph Campbell has in my view credibly demonstrated that myths have an underlying true event. We should not get fixed on herbivores and the like. The biblical narrative is consistent with a local flood. That resolves most of such issues.
Local floods are commonplace. They're in the news now. Do you suppose that new myths are being written about those? Probably not, because such an event wouldn't be memorialized in a myth today, and I don't see why that would have been different in the past.

My go-to explanation for so unflattering a myth (to the deity, who is depicted as cruel and incompetent) is that it exists to explain seashells and other marine fossils found widely distributed on mountaintops. Go ahead and explain what one believed must have been a global flood covering all dry land in the light of believing in a tri-omni deity any other way. That's more plausible to me than the story being based in any witnessed flood.

ChieftheCef

"but dummy dinosaur we only have two"
"I'm sorry guys I'll starve myself for greater gains because animals can do that"

Animals can't do that. Except for humans.