• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that Ivrim, Benei Yisrael, Yehudim, and Modern day Jews do not descend from Yadavas farmers

GoodAttention

Or perhaps a stone quarry in a field owned by Avram for a pharaoh's pyramid. I do not know the context of the hieroglyphic inscription.
Books say that Avram was well-provided by the Pharaoh.

Are you thinking same as me?

Mica. Or sheets of mica to be exact.

In addition to the colors of powdered mica also?

GoodAttention

Be aware that according to most Jewish sources the Nephilim were normal human beings who were simply not doing the 7 Noachide laws. Because their fathers were leaders of various communities who did not continue to follow the Noachide laws, the Hebrew Torah text calls them "those who fall." You can even make a connection to the idea that they are, "those who are failing in their responsibilities."

We they not, specifically, "men of renown" or men of a historical nature?

This is how they are introduced in the scripture, yes?

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days"

Ehav4Ever

We they not, specifically, "men of renown" or men of a historical nature?

This is how they are introduced in the scripture, yes?

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days"
There are a number of commentaries state that they were historical people of a certain generation. Yet, it is up for debate at what point of history is being discussed. I.e. there are some Jewish sources that take into that this could have been before recorded history. At least recorded history in terms of alphabetic writing systems. Maybe in regards to cave paintings one may find that this could be the period. The main lesson that a Jew can get out of the Torah on this point is about leadership and what can affect it.

GoodAttention

There are a number of commentaries state that they were historical people of a certain generation. Yet, it is up for debate at what point of history is being discussed. I.e. there are some Jewish sources that take into that this could have been before recorded history. At least recorded history in terms of alphabetic writing systems. Maybe in regards to cave paintings one may find that this could be the period.

That is why I believe the description of "remember" or "memory" is important here, since we know, according to the scriptures, there was a time when man was not behaving as he should have.

Cave paintings is interesting, and perhaps such paintings contain still ALL the colors of the rainbow ...

The main lesson that a Jew can get out of the Torah on this point is about leadership and what can affect it.

Stand tall when you fear the Lord, so you, and any memory of you, will disappear and be replaced by the righteous ones, if you fall.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is of interest to me that Om has common use in Tamil language, to mean yes. I think you know this.
No. I did not know this. I am using Search engines and dictionaries for Tamil, though my sister-in-law is a Tamil brahmin from Madurai. She was the first non-Kashmiri bride in our family some fifty years ago. Dark in skin-color but sweet of face, while my brother was very fair, qualified and handsome. Did his parents objected to his marriage? Yes, they did. But what could they do when (as we say in North India), "Miya-Bibi Razi, To Kya Karega Kazi". Music connected them. She adjusted nicely in our family, has two daughters.

What I want to say that the word 'Om' does not exist in RigVeda, though it exists in other Vedas and ancillary books (Upanishads, etc.). It could be a loan-word from Tamil. Gayatri mantra has no 'Om Bhuh Bhuvah Swah' in RigVeda. It is simply:
"Tat savituh vareniyam, bhargo devasya dhimahi, dhiyo yo nah prachodayat"
(Aup.'s translation: "That adorable deity, let us meditate on his luster, may he make our intelligence brilliant")
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 3: HYMN LXII. Indra and Others., verse 10
Of course, the apologists say that it is necessary. But I go only by RigVeda.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are you thinking same as me?
Mica. Or sheets of mica to be exact.
In addition to the colors of powdered mica also?
Pharaohs were not interested in mica. What they needed most was good quality stone for their pyramids, which could last for millenniums.

River Sea

Sure, I am a Kashmiri Brahmin. My descent probably is from Kamboja tribe, which merged with Aryans. The line is from a Kamboja sage, Upamanyu.

@Aupmanyav I'll use the word merged from now on.
@GoodAttention Never once did I claim master race. Aryans does not mean master race.

Aryans were nomadic herders and migrated to India around 1,500 BCE and mixed with indigenous people. The indigenous people have not lost their identity.
Aryans had no caste system. Caste system existed in India before the coming of Aryans. Aryans had just four divisions of society.

@GoodAttention
The word Aryans does not mean master race. Not once did I claim anyone as master race.

GoodAttention

No. I did not know this. I am using Search engines and dictionaries for Tamil, though my sister-in-law is a Tamil brahmin from Madurai. She was the first non-Kashmiri bride in our family some fifty years ago. Dark in skin-color but sweet of face, while my brother was very fair, qualified and handsome. Did his parents objected to his marriage? Yes, they did. But what could they do when (as we say in North India), "Miya-Bibi Razi, To Kya Karega Kazi". Music connected them. She adjusted nicely in our family, has two daughters.

Fifty years ago it must have been the magic of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and her bi-colored hair!

How do you refer to the wife of your brother? In Tamil language there are many variations, too many to count.

In Tamil culture what is also interesting is avunculate marriage, but only between a woman's younger brother and her daughter. I am not sure of the prevalence today, but I mention it to see if this is also present in North India, and to make comparison with Nahor marrying his brother's daughter.

What I want to say that the word 'Om' does not exist in RigVeda, though it exists in other Vedas and ancillary books (Upanishads, etc.). It could be a loan-word from Tamil. Gayatri mantra has no 'Om Bhuh Bhuvah Swah' in RigVeda. It is simply:
"Tat savituh vareniyam, bhargo devasya dhimahi, dhiyo yo nah prachodayat"
(Aup.'s translation: "That adorable deity, let us meditate on his luster, may he make our intelligence brilliant")
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 3: HYMN LXII. Indra and Others., verse 10
Of course, the apologists say that it is necessary. But I go only by RigVeda.

Interesting notes, I will need to educate myself further. There is much to learn.

GoodAttention

@GoodAttention Never once did I claim master race. Aryans does not mean master race.

@GoodAttention
The word Aryans does not mean master race. Not once did I claim anyone as master race.

I agree 100%, it is what the German Nazis did with their "theories" and belief system RiverSea.

This is dangerous thinking, and humanity must remember why the world fought against this in the 1940s.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Evidence that Ivrim, Benei Yisrael, Yehudim, and Modern day Jews do not descend from Yadavas farmers
Sure, I am a Kashmiri Brahmin. My descent probably is from Kamboja tribe, which merged with Aryans. The line is from a Kamboja sage, Upamanyu.
Aryans were nomadic herders and migrated to India around 1,500 BCE and mixed with indigenous people. The indigenous people have not lost their identity.
Aryans had no caste system. Caste system existed in India before the coming of Aryans. Aryans had just four divisions of society.
@GoodAttention
I give etymology of the word "Aryan", please, right?:

Aryan

c. 1600, as a term in classical history, from Latin Arianus, Ariana, from Greek Aria, Areia, names applied in classical times to the eastern part of ancient Persia and to its inhabitants. Ancient Persians used the name in reference to themselves (Old Persian ariya-), hence Iran. Ultimately from Sanskrit arya- "compatriot;" in later language "noble, of good family."
Also the name Sanskrit-speaking invaders of India gave themselves in the ancient texts. Thus it was the word early 19c. European philologists (Friedrich Schlegel, 1819, who linked it with German Ehre "honor") applied to the ancient people we now call Indo-Europeans, suspecting that this is what they called themselves. This use is attested in English from 1851. In German from 1845 it was specifically contrasted to Semitic (Lassen).
German philologist Max Müller (1823-1900) popularized Aryan in his writings on comparative linguistics, recommending it as the name (replacing Indo-European, Indo-Germanic, Caucasian, Japhetic) for the group of related, inflected languages connected with these peoples, mostly found in Europe but also including Sanskrit and Persian. The spelling Arian was used in this sense from 1839 (and is more philologically correct), but it caused confusion with Arian, the term in ecclesiastical history.
The terms for God, for house, for father, mother, son, daughter, for dog and cow, for heart and tears, for axe and tree, identical in all the Indo-European idioms, are like the watchwords of soldiers. We challenge the seeming stranger; and whether he answer with the lips of a Greek, a German, or an Indian, we recognize him as one of ourselves. [Müller, "History of Ancient Sanskrit Literature," 1859]
Aryan was gradually replaced in comparative linguistics c. 1900 by Indo-European, except when used to distinguish Indo-European languages of India from non-Indo-European ones. From the 1920s Aryan began to be used in Nazi ideology to mean "member of a Caucasian Gentile race of Nordic type." As an ethnic designation, however, it is properly limited to Indo-Iranians (most justly to the latter) and has fallen from general academic use since the Nazis adopted it.
also from c. 1600

Entries linking to Aryan

Arian (adj.)

late 14c., Arrian, "adhering to the doctrines of Arius," from Late Latin Arianus, "pertaining to the doctrines of Arius," priest in Alexandria early 4c., who posed the question of Christ's nature in terms which appeared to debase the Savior's relation to God (denial of consubstantiation). Besides taking an abstract view of Christ's nature, he reaffirmed man's capacity for perfection. The doctrines were condemned at Nice, 325, but the dissension was widespread and split the Church for about a century during the crucial time of barbarian conversions. The name is Greek, literally "warlike, of Ares."

Caucasian (adj.)

1807, of or pertaining to the Caucasus Mountains (q.v.), with -ian. Applied to the "white" race 1795 (in Latin) by German anthropologist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752-1840), who in his pioneering treatise on anthropology distinguished mankind into five races: Mongolian, Ethiopian, Malay, (Native) American, and Caucasian. In the last group he included nearly all Europeans (except Lapps and Finns), Armenians, Persians, and Hindus, as well as Arabs and Jews. His attempt at division was based on physical similarities in skulls.
Blumenbach had a solitary Georgian skull; and that skull was the finest in his collection: that of a Greek being the next. Hence it was taken as the type of the skull of the more organised divisions of our species. More than this, it gave its name to the type, and introduced the term Caucasian. Never has a single head done more harm to science than was done in the way of posthumous mischief by the head of this well-shaped female from Georgia. [Robert Gordon Latham, M.D., "The Natural History of the Varieties of Man," London, 1850]
"The word has long since been abandoned as a historical/anthropological term." Compare Aryan.
Indo-European
Right?

Regards

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How do you refer to the wife of your brother? In Tamil language there are many variations, too many to count.

In Tamil culture what is also interesting is avunculate marriage, but only between a woman's younger brother and her daughter. I am not sure of the prevalence today, but I mention it to see if this is also present in North India, and to make comparison with Nahor marrying his brother's daughter.

Interesting notes, I will need to educate myself further. There is much to learn.
Good attention, good to have met you, you are a knowledgeable person.
My brother is younger to me, so I used to address her by name. Alas she is no more. For elder sisters-in-law, we normally use 'Bhabhi' or variations of it.
That is strictly prohibited in North India. Actually, even to marry a second cousin, we need to use special provisions of law. The boy and the girl must be at least three generations apart for marriage. It even leads to murders in North Indian villages. Yeah, 'avunculate' marriages are permitted and happen in South India.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
late 14c., Arrian, "adhering to the doctrines of Arius," from Late Latin Arianus, "pertaining to the doctrines of Arius," priest in Alexandria early 4c., ..

Caucasian (adj.)
1807, of or pertaining to the Caucasus Mountains (q.v.), with -ian. Applied to the "white" race 1795 (in Latin) by German anthropologist Johann Friedrich Blumenbach (1752-1840), who in his pioneering treatise on anthropology distinguished mankind into five races: Mongolian, Ethiopian, Malay, (Native) American, and Caucasian. In the last group he included nearly all Europeans (except Lapps and Finns), Armenians, Persians, and Hindus, as well as Arabs and Jews. His attempt at division was based on physical similarities in skulls.
Paarsurrey, Arrian is completely different from Aryan. No connection at all.
Well, all people have mixed ancesteries. all humans have red blood just like animals (except these five), no one has 'blue blood'. Blumenbach was wrong.

GoodAttention

A polytheist non-Jew is here to tell us what is and isn't Orthodox.

At best I am monolatrous your honour, and I deny proselytizing of any nature.

One only needs to read the transcript of this thread to know I am not here to define what is, or isn't, Orthodox Judaism.

If I am guilty, then all I will say is chazak chazak v’nitchazek!

Addition: In Tamil the phrase is enough! enough! you have cried long enough!

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ah yes, I got ahead of myself there. Confused it with the Mesoamerican structures.
Very interesting, even if a bit contrived. Sure, Orion was the Great God to Aryans too - Prajapati, Lord of the people (Sometime around 3,000 BCE).
The sacred thread that Hindus and Zoroastrians wear, is a homage to Orion, imitating Orion's belt.

"Yajnopavitam paramam pavitram, prajapatyeryat sahajam purastad" (North Indian spelling of the Sanskrit mantra)
(Yajnopavita is very sacred, it was born with the Prajapati of the old)

For Zoroastrians:
"Fra te mazdao barat pourvanimairvyaonghanem stehar-paesanghem mainyu-tastem vanghuhim daenam Mazdayasnim"
(Forth has Mazda borne to thee, the star bespangled girdle, the spirit made, the ancient one, of Mazda-Yasnianian faith)

Last edited: