• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution by Natural Selection is a fact

Really?

Continuing with Jay's question. What peer reviewed scientific journal's submissions have you studied , particularly concerning genetics and biology, that have indicated that biological evolution of new species does not occur?

At present limited to what I tutor in college. If you want to suggest further reading then I'm game.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Any suggestions?

At present limited to what I tutor in college. If you want to suggest further reading then I'm game.
Annual Review of Genetics
Annual Review of Biophysics and Biomolecular Structure
Biological Reviews
Biology of Reproduction
European Journal of Human Genetics
Genome Biology
Genome Research
International Journal of Biological Sciences
Journal of Evolutionary Biology
Journal of Molecular Biology
Journal of Natural History
The ScientificWorldJournal

(All links are to Wiki pages concerning the publication)

As for what you have already studied, can you point me to any teir-1 peer reviewed studies that have indicated biological evolution of species does not occur?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
See Tumbelweeds post.
You indicated that you came to your conclusion that the biological evolution of species does not occur partially through rigorous study of genetics and biology.

But you have yet to supply detailed information as to what that study involved.
(All I have supplied is a short list of journals I would recommend you use in your studies.)

You indicated that you came to your conclusion that the biological evolution of species does not occur partially through rigorous study of genetics and biology.

But you have yet to supply detailed information as to what that study involved.
(All I have supplied is a short list of journals I would recommend you use in your studies.)

Like I said before it is limited to that which I have studied in college.Geaneral text books. Mainly A&P, and General Biology. Didn't mean to imply that I was an expert in the field. Need to be more careful in response.

JohnLeo

Evolution by Natural Selection is a fact.

“To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of evolution is simply ignorant—inexcusably ignorant, in a world where three out of four people have learned to read and write.”

- Daniel C. Dennett
I would agree that the evidence supporting the case for evolution is overwhelming. However the exact mechanism involved is not completely understood. Also, the question arises, was this a mindless process or was there conscious thought behind it?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I would agree that the evidence supporting the case for evolution is overwhelming. However the exact mechanism involved is not completely understood. Also, the question arises, was this a mindless process or was there conscious thought behind it?
Agreed to all but the question.

Speculation on "conscious thought" is a question of faith rather than scientific inquiry.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Like I said before it is limited to that which I have studied in college.Geaneral text books. Mainly A&P, and General Biology. Didn't mean to imply that I was an expert in the field. Need to be more careful in response.
So would you say it is your faith that directs your conclusions rather than rigorous study in the sciences involved then?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Not to be rude, but is everything published fact and even in the field of science do they not work on the premise of theories and laws which could be disproved at some point in time?
What does this have to do with the fact that creation/ID is nothing but wishful thinking?