• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution by Natural Selection is a fact

Orias

Left Hand Path
Elaborate.

Well first of all, the bible itself does not hold a monopoly over God, which I must also add is not mutually exclusive with the concept of evolution.

But philosophically speaking the two, God and evolution, could pose a syntax in understanding the deeper common questions that so many find so hard to explain or even understand.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Please tell me how we got from the very first life form to humans through natural selection.

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

We've provided numerous explanations, sources and links for you, yet you keep asking the same questions and making the same fallacious claims. That's called willful ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Like I said before it is limited to that which I have studied in college.Geaneral text books. Mainly A&P, and General Biology. Didn't mean to imply that I was an expert in the field. Need to be more careful in response.
Do you mind me asking what titles and editions you are using?

wa:do

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I would agree that Evolution is a fact.

As to the workings of Evolution, as in natural selection, mutations, survival of the fittest. I thought that these are not understood to be facts in a complete sense. Not saying all of it is trash, just that portions of each have gaps that are still being addressed. This is the sense I have gotten since gr12 bio. I didn't go much past that level. Anyone want to send me The Origin of Species? Should probably start reading more on this. Because if its being hardballed as facts then I have a lot of understanding to do.

Also the OP used a quote to misrepresent the intent of the person quoted. The person said Evolution is a fact, not saying Evolution by Natural Selection. Or maybe I misunderstood?

Pleroma

philalethist
I would agree that Evolution is a fact.

As to the workings of Evolution, as in natural selection, mutations, survival of the fittest. I thought that these are not understood to be facts in a complete sense. Not saying all of it is trash, just that portions of each have gaps that are still being addressed. This is the sense I have gotten since gr12 bio. I didn't go much past that level. Anyone want to send me The Origin of Species? Should probably start reading more on this. Because if its being hardballed as facts then I have a lot of understanding to do.

Also the OP used a quote to misrepresent the intent of the person quoted. The person said Evolution is a fact, not saying Evolution by Natural Selection. Or maybe I misunderstood?

We have understood a lot about how evolution works since Darwin's Origin of Species and Natural Selection stays unpunctured.