• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What videos are these?
Please provide links.
Hi McBell. Nothing can be PROVEN scientifically isn't that true? And then of course the opposite might be true. So I encourage you to figure out the mathematical possibility for yourself, thanks.

YoursTrue

I have proof from a source I won't name in a video I won't share. Game over!
Look for it. Just like I was told to take a course in evolution, you can also look for the mathematical possibilities online, I don't think you'd have to take a course to understand but maybe you would. Have a good one!

YoursTrue

Hi McBell. Nothing can be PROVEN scientifically isn't that true? And then of course the opposite might be true. So I encourage you to figure out the mathematical possibility for yourself, thanks.
But again, @John53 , if something can't be PROVEN in science, can it be unproven?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You made two claims.
the second claim being "Mathematics of the sort that would fit into the process of evolution just don't work. not only improbable but virtually impossible."

The first claim was you got the second claim from videos.

Now you are unable to provide the videos from which you claim claimed your second claim?

If that is your stance, then there is no reason to take your claims seriously.

cladking

You made two claims.
the second claim being "Mathematics of the sort that would fit into the process of evolution just don't work. not only improbable but virtually impossible."

The first claim was you got the second claim from videos.

Now you are unable to provide the videos from which you claim claimed your second claim?

If that is your stance, then there is no reason to take your claims seriously.

You can find anything you want on google and this is going to get worse and worse because everything is disinformation today. It's not at all the fault of AI but AI is going to make it exponentially worse.

So the irony is that if the science about "Evolution" changed today it's possible no one would even notice. Universities would continue to teach Darwin because they wouldn't know either. The status quo was already inviolable but now it's set as firmly as concrete through sheer inertia.

This is what we get for allowing science and reality to be bought and paid for by the individuals who want us as serfs.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
You can find anything you want on google and this is going to get worse and worse because everything is disinformation today.
No it isn't.

It's not at all the fault of AI but AI is going to make it exponentially worse.
AI is just making things better , those who say otherwise , they have never understood Electrical and Mechanical engineering and what AI is.
However,if AI goes in the wrong 'hands', then we are f*****.

So the irony is that if the science about "Evolution" changed today it's possible no one would even notice.
Science does not change , it's not a "thing" in the first place to change..
It's a freaking tool..

Those who abused it , well - they know the best.. :)

Universities would continue to teach Darwin because they wouldn't know either. The status quo was already inviolable but now it's set as firmly as concrete through sheer inertia.
Those who question Darwin , let me tell you , they are clueless.
Darwin was wrong , but with time that was corrected.
So when we find something new in science , we don't say that 'we debunked what was previously there' , but it is corrected.
Darwin did 'his best' in 'his time' , now scientist do it better.

This is what we get for allowing science and reality to be bought and paid for by the individuals who want us as serfs.
No , that is the problem , you think that science is some kind of 'individual' thing , but it is not , it is rather the work of the Collective.

cladking

AI is just making things better , those who say otherwise , they have never understood Electrical and Mechanical engineering and what AI is.
However,if AI goes in the wrong 'hands', then we are f*****.

I've been working on AI for more than 65 years. I don't believe it even really exists yet though I know some pretty sharp people employed in the business who do believe in it. I believe they only believe in it because they don't understand the nature of intelligence.

Computers generate efficiencies and these efficiencies lifted the stock market out of the doldrums in 1982. What they call "AI' today will generate more efficiencies but I doubt they'll be more transformative than 1982.

Science does not change , it's not a "thing" in the first place to change..
It's a freaking tool..

No.

Metaphysics involves experiment and every new experiment and every new paradigm changes what science is and was.

Those who question Darwin , let me tell you , they are clueless.
Darwin was wrong , but with time that was corrected.

Homo omnisciencis!!! Science used to be wrong but now we know everything just like every theologian and everyone else who ever lived.

Darwin did 'his best' in 'his time' , now scientist do it better.

Of course. But they are still wrong. Science has always been wrong so why should this time be any different?

No , that is the problem , you think that science is some kind of 'individual' thing , but it is not , it is rather the work of the Collective.

Every idea, every advancement, every insight is now and always has been individual. Just because two minds working together sometimes come up with solutions doesn't mean some committee had a good idea. Reality doesn't work this way. "Peers" are not Gods who determine reality. It doesn't matter if every biologist in the world believes in survival of the fittest because belief does not create reality.

YoursTrue

G
You can find anything you want on google and this is going to get worse and worse because everything is disinformation today. It's not at all the fault of AI but AI is going to make it exponentially worse.

So the irony is that if the science about "Evolution" changed today it's possible no one would even notice. Universities would continue to teach Darwin because they wouldn't know either. The status quo was already inviolable but now it's set as firmly as concrete through sheer inertia.

That's right, people can look almost anything up.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I've been working on AI for more than 65 years.
So?
I have a friend who does it for 15 years and i bet he knows more then you.Not because you don't , but because you have not aproached it in such way.
You all forget that you pass knowledge to the next generations.

I don't believe it even really exists yet though I know some pretty sharp people employed in the business who do believe in it.
From all over the world?
You know everybody?

I believe they only believe in it because they don't understand the nature of intelligence.
What is the nature of intelligence?

Computers generate efficiencies and these efficiencies lifted the stock market out of the doldrums in 1982.What they call "AI' today will generate more efficiencies but I doubt they'll be more transformative than 1982.
You are not adressing Wall Street and that Market , i don't know if you are aware of that.

Yes

Metaphysics involves experiment and every new experiment and every new paradigm changes what science is and was.
So?
Science is not invented - it is discovered.
I don't understand why do you think that what you said is of relevance?

Homo omnisciencis!!! Science used to be wrong but now we know everything just like every theologian and everyone else who ever lived.
This is straw man
No one claims these things that you mention...

Of course. But they are still wrong. Science has always been wrong so why should this time be any different?
No it isn't , the basis of science is theory.

Every idea, every advancement, every insight is now and always has been individual.
No , Science is the work of the Collective , not of individual.

Just because two minds working together sometimes come up with solutions doesn't mean some committee had a good idea.
This is wrong.
If they came up with solutions , we should here them out and question them.That is done through human History many times.

Reality doesn't work this way. "Peers" are not Gods who determine reality.
Tell me , how does it work.
Do you have the answers?

It doesn't matter if every biologist in the world believes in survival of the fittest because belief does not create reality.
You mean gradual change or by definition - Evolution?
You understand that Darwin was corrected , right?

Last edited:

cladking

Everything generated by AI is as ludicrous as Data's "Ode to Spot".

Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature;
Your visual, olfactory, and auditory senses
Contribute to your hunting skills and natural defenses.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.

A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
You would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aid in locomotion,
It often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.

O Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display
Connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

The level of stupidity of any AI I've tried to use approaches the level in the ideocracy.

cladking

What is the nature of intelligence?

It is an event.

Science is not invented - it is discovered.

Then obviously you should agree that it is forever changing.

But you believe everything is already known so science can't change.

No , Science is the work of the Collective , not of individual.

This is still nonsense no matter how many times you repeat it.

Tell me , how does it work.
Do you have the answers?

I don't know how many times I've said experiment is the basis of science and theory! It's not less true just because I must repeat it endlessly.

You understand that Darwin was corrected , right?

Darwin was shown to be wrong. That doesn't mean we are right.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
It is an event.
Event , how?
Can you explain it.

Then obviously you should agree that it is forever changing.
No,Why would you think that?
It doesn't have to be , we don't know what will be discovered.

But you believe everything is already known so science can't change.
No , please stop misrepresenting my view as i have never said that.

This is still nonsense no matter how many times you repeat it.
Why is it non-sense?
Because people are being corrected?
Why not ? Maybe when i get old someone will correct me.That's not a bad thing, or you think otherwise?

I don't know how many times I've said experiment is the basis of science and theory! It's not less true just because I must repeat it endlessly.
Science has also theories.
They are being verified in the way of science , not in the way of metaphysics.
Each science is not the same , no matter how much you want to mix it and make a salad out of it.

Darwin was shown to be wrong. That doesn't mean we are right.
Scientist corrected Darwin and solve many problems in Evolution.
Glad you understood it.

cladking

Event , how?
Can you explain it.

Consciousness is a gift provided by nature to all living things. I can no more explain how it works than I can explain anything else. But there is no such thing as intelligence as humans define it. There is no condition that can be defined as "intelligent". Rather consciousness manifests as behavior in all species but humans and as "ideas" and "insights" in us. The event that is intelligence is behavior in animals.

No,Why would you think that?
It doesn't have to be , we don't know what will be discovered.

Think about it.

No , please stop misrepresenting my view as i have never said that.

Beliefs are expressed in many ways.

Why is it non-sense?

Because only individuals can think.

Scientist corrected Darwin and solve many problems in Evolution.
Glad you understood it.

Yes!

But this still doesn't mean there is gradual change in species caused by survival of the fittest.

YoursTrue

You've been here seven years and routinely involved in discussions about evolution and the theory of evolution. I know, since I was involved in them as well. You say you have understood the theory since you were in high school. You read articles and books about it. I'm not sure why you need these answers or another thread.

What do you hope to gain by endlessly rolling the dice going over the same ground that you have covered so many times before?

I suppose someone else may want to go through all of this with you one more time, but I don't see any reason to.

Good luck.
Thank you, that is just fine. :)