• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, maybe someone can explain?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I had to laugh at that, since you said it to a poster famous for telling us that fish stay fish and gorillas stay gorillas.
But you don't believe fish stay as fish, do you. Laugh again -- I'll leave gorillas out of this now, I guess there's no "evidence" that they are evolving to -- whatever a gorilla might evolve to. :)

Argentbear

But you don't believe fish stay as fish, do you. Laugh again -- I'll leave gorillas out of this now, I guess there's no "evidence" that they are evolving to -- whatever a gorilla might evolve to. :)
The evidence shows that 375 million years ago during the Devonian period the common ancestor of tetrapods (animals with four limbs) evolved out of a specific species of fish and began to transition from water to land, Your "fish stay (or don't stay) fish is just grossly dishonest., Why are you choosing to misrepresent evolution in this manner?

YoursTrue

The evidence shows that 375 million years ago during the Devonian period the common ancestor of tetrapods (animals with four limbs) evolved out of a specific species of fish and began to transition from water to land, Your "fish stay (or don't stay) fish is just grossly dishonest., Why are you choosing to misrepresent evolution in this manner?
You really do not know that whatever you read in science publications is for sure really what and how it happened, such as the viewpoint you mention of scientists about the common ancestor of tetrapods.

YoursTrue

By the way, what is the evidence you speak of? How do you know that it is evidence of the common ancestor of tetrapods which you seem to believe evolved out of a specific form of fish and so forth. Have scientists found which specific form of fish it was?

YoursTrue

that does seem to be the case
No, it's not "trolling," but wanting to find out from you, the "experts" what you really know as to how it all happened. At this point I'm not even speaking of "abiogenesis," which of course some scientists do say maybe the needed elements came from outer space...so maybe we go back to the beginning. What was the first lifeform scientists believe came to be on earth? Please do provide evidence of that. Thank you very much.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
No, it's not "trolling," but wanting to find out from you, the "experts" what you really know as to how it all happened. At this point I'm not even speaking of "abiogenesis," which of course some scientists do say maybe the needed elements came from outer space...so maybe we go back to the beginning. What was the first lifeform scientists believe came to be on earth? Please do provide evidence of that. Thank you very much.

Your "fish remain fish" comments have been explained to you dozens of times over the years. Go and read those posts.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No, it's not "trolling," but wanting to find out from you, the "experts" what you really know as to how it all happened.
Your posts strongly indicate that you are only looking for things to nit pick in a sad attempt at justifying your beliefs.
To yourself or others is the only real question.

At this point I'm not even speaking of "abiogenesis," which of course some scientists do say maybe the needed elements came from outer space...
When are you going to reveal the names of these scientists?
Your claim, your homework.

so maybe we go back to the beginning.
To what end?
It is not as if you learn anything.

What was the first lifeform scientists believe came to be on earth? Please do provide evidence of that. Thank you very much.
I for one have no interest in your game pf pigeon chess.
I mean, it would be a completely different story if you were actually able to learn something.

Argentbear

By the way, what is the evidence you speak of? How do you know that it is evidence of the common ancestor of tetrapods which you seem to believe evolved out of a specific form of fish and so forth. Have scientists found which specific form of fish it was?
well you start with the fossil record and then go to DNA and then comparative biology and so on and so on and so on

Argentbear

Look again. Try to read more carefully. It is an answer to your question. Or it could be you don't see the answer right there. It's ok have a good one.
You completely ignored my question but if you want to pretend that you gave any sort of an answer I can't stop you.

Argentbear

already answered, you ignored it

YoursTrue

You completely ignored my question but if you want to pretend that you gave any sort of an answer I can't stop you.
ok, thank you, and please forgive if I do not respond much any more to your lack-of-specifc-information posts. Thank you.

YoursTrue

Your posts strongly indicate that you are only looking for things to nit pick in a sad attempt at justifying your beliefs.
To yourself or others is the only real question.

When are you going to reveal the names of these scientists?
Your claim, your homework.

To what end?
It is not as if you learn anything.

I for one have no interest in your game pf pigeon chess.
I mean, it would be a completely different story if you were actually able to learn something.
That's ok, thank you.