• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVOLUTION, what a lie.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
That doesn't even make sense. Humans are still apes (As, if you will), but they are a different species than gorillas (who are also As, or apes). Of course A doesn't become Z, A becomes AA or A1, A2 and A3.

yes there is confusion there , asI used a zed instead of a letter to represent "new" when zed already exists.

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
It was confusing becauseI used a letter already existing, akin to saying a dog becomes a horse, rather than a new species.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
What you are failing to grasp is that in the shaded area there will be both black and white colour flecks as with populations in this area , if species change is happening then there should be both types in various ratios at all times
Not flecks... its a pure blend.
You are not looking at Dalmations.

And it is best explained as changes in allele frequencies over time...those alleles being the allele for black and the allele for white.
Each individual has several copies.... say AAAAAA for black and aaaaaa for white. These genes are called co-dominant because they both express equally in the individual.
So an individual with AaAaAa would be the very middle tone of grey.

Start with a population that is AAAAAA. (lets say that AAAAAA can't reproduce with aaaaaa you can't have more than one case difference to reproduce)
one individual has a mutation that makes it just a bit lighter than the rest AaAAAA.
This mutation somehow makes the lighter individual just a bit more likely to reproduce... over time their descendants make up the majority of the population.
Just by the way genetics works eventually one of those descendants is born AaAaAA.
Being a little lighter than the rest, this one too has a better chance at having lots of kids.
Over time this ones descendants now dominate in the population...
And again... AaAaAa...
And again... aaAaAa...
and again... aaaaAa...
and finally... aaaaaa... Now a genuinely white individual is born. It being lighter than the rest can reproduce a bit more successfully and over time it's descendants dominate the population.
Yes there very well may be some AAAAAA individuals living somewhere... but they are now so different from the aaaaa population that they can't interbreed. Thus you would now have a "black species" and a "white species".

wa:do

ps. an allele is a gene that codes for a specific trait. (in this case color)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
are you suggesting that i was not being realistic?
Obviously not. What you're saying is that the picture I showed does not, or cannot, exist. That it is impossible for one thing to gradually become another, although you see this happen every day.

let me ask you mball, do you believe in the reality of the "transformers" movie?
let me ask you, eselam, do you know what a "Poe" is?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What you are failing to grasp is that in the shaded area there will be both black and white colour flecks as with populations in this area , if species change is happening then there should be both types in various ratios at all times
Yup. And that's exactly what we see.

DarkSun

:eltiT

Eddy. Watch closely.

White_fox3_(Dan_Mudford)_low_res.jpg

This is a white fox.

grayFox.jpg

That there was just a grey fox.

black_fox_PFX-12_500.jpg

And you won't believe what that just was. ;)

DarkSun

:eltiT
are you suggesting that i was not being realistic?

Well, you and Eddy seem to either be incredibly stubborn, or incredibly dense. The theory of evolution has been explained to you several times, and yet you still make hair-brained statements like comparing the Transformers movie to the Theory of Evolution.

let me ask you mball, do you believe in the reality of the "transformers" movie?

Okay. Since you've obviously been reading and comprehending evolution as it has been described in this thread countless times, would you care to explain what Transformers have to do with anything? No one is saying that species magically transform from one to another. What we have instead been describing is descent with modification, where the genes in one species slowly change with progressive generations.

Really, I don't see what is so hard to understand about this. You don't even have to agree with it to understand it, so I fail to see what your problem is.

TurkeyOnRye

I am honestly shocked that the evolutionary debate still continues on. Obviously evolution is a lie; things never change. They always stay the same, especially lifeforms...duh. Oh, and those people who "selectively breed" plants and animals...they don't exist except in the media, what a scam! People forget that it's still just a theory. Evolutionary theory should be buried under the weight of science. This is just pseudo-science...there's a difference, trust me. Let this thread die.

:rolleyes: When will they learn...

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Thief here...Hey Turkey!
Ever go to a science museum and take a long look at a T-Rex skeleton?
Good thing natural selection did him in.

I bet this type of discussion would do better if people had coined the catch phrase...evolutionary process....instead of evolutionary theory.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Thief here...Hey Turkey!
Ever go to a science museum and take a long look at a T-Rex skeleton?
Good thing natural selection did him in.

I bet this type of discussion would do better if people had coined the catch phrase...evolutionary process....instead of evolutionary theory.

This thread would do better if people didnt violate common sense and use their religious beliefs as a self defense system against anything remotely intelligent.

Ghostaka

Ello!!!

People! Look at the big gap in mental capacity/capability between humans and chimpanzees for example. If you claim that we both came from a common ancestor, why haven't apes like the chimps developed human-like brains already? A 5 year old human baby and a (young/even adult?) chimp given a paper and pen/coloring pencil. (Safety first of course ;)). They will both munch/smack and fiddle with their drawing device. But after a while... someone's going to start drawing shapes (when instructed to)... and it's not going to be the chimp. Even if the child has not been exposed to languages and is only shown the shape.

Doesn't the way we humans absorb information (limitless-ly?) while growing up indicate anything? Inner and learned behavior of animals is quite limited.

Peace be upon you.

edit: There is no type of creature advanced as we are..anywhere.... in the world. Take a look on NatGeo lol!

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Ello!!!

People! Look at the big gap in mental capacity/capability between humans and chimpanzees for example. If you claim that we both came from a common ancestor, why haven't apes like the chimps developed human-like brains already? A 5 year old human baby and a (young/even adult?) chimp given a paper and pen/coloring pencil. (Safety first of course ;)). They will both munch/smack and fiddle with their drawing device. But after a while... someone's going to start drawing shapes (when instructed to)... and it's not going to be the chimp. Even if the child has not been exposed to languages and is only shown the shape.

Doesn't the way we humans absorb information (limitless-ly?) while growing up indicate anything? Inner and learned behavior of animals is quite limited.

Peace be upon you.

edit: There is no type of creature advanced as we are..anywhere.... in the world. Take a look on NatGeo lol!

Id be interested to see how well we advanced if we didn't have thumbs.

As far as intelligence goes, we're retarded, we're the only species who actively destroy the planet and who are too stupid, ignorant and foolish to change it.

Not only are we screwing ourselves over, but all species on the earth have to suffer from our ego stroking.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A chimp doesn't need a brain like a humans to survive.

Chimps and bonobo are very well adapted to their environment. They have all the brain they need to survive in an environment -- the rain forest, where few humans have traditionally managed to survive.