• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVOLUTION, what a lie.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It doesn't.

But Allah specifically mentioned thrice, In the Torah, Bible and Qur'an that He created Adam (PBUH) as the first man. That doesn't sit well with Darwin fanatics.

Peace be upon you.

What is a Darwin fanatic? Do you mean "biologists?"

How on earth does Allah creating the first, second, and 4 billionth man contradict the ToE? Allah created all things. Now can we talk about how?

Alceste

Vagabond
It doesn't.

But Allah specifically mentioned thrice, In the Torah, Bible and Qur'an that He created Adam (PBUH) as the first man. That doesn't sit well with Darwin fanatics.

Peace be upon you.

Orcs are mentioned in Lord of the Rings, the Discworld series and all the Xanth novels. That doesn't sit well with anti-orc fanatics.

See? Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? That's what you sound like when you say such things.

Reactions: kai

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
god created us. a much more logical explanation. don't you recon so?

It depends on the premises you're assuming. It's certainly not as rational or reasonable. It may be superficially simpler, but then you have to explain where God came from, and it becomes just as complex.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
eselam

I hope this hasn't been asked before.......

But how old do you think the Earth is,
and what do you base this on?

Arkwort:sleep:

i don't know how old it is, science has discovered that. i think it is some 5 billion years give or take a few millions.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
It depends on the premises you're assuming. It's certainly not as rational or reasonable. It may be superficially simpler, but then you have to explain where God came from, and it becomes just as complex.

god did not come from knowhere and no one, he has no creator, if he did he would not be god. he is in existence by himself, i on the other hand only know that which god has allowed for me to know. and it seems thats all i know.

OmarKhayyam

"god did not come from knowhere and no one, he has no creator, if he did he would not be god. he is in existence by himself'. . .

As one of your fellow believers was fond of saying, "There's the statement. Where's the proof?"

slave2six

Substitious

Originally Posted by slave2six
I am truly amazed by your lack of understanding.

Likewise.

Snappy. Meaningless but snappy.

Again, your argument is as sensible as saying, "Mercury has no atmosphere and therefore is not a planet. Only the Earth is a planet because it is the only orb that sustains life."
Sensibe to whom? In your defense, how do you know that Earth is the only one like so? In mine, if true (Earth being the only one) doesn't that give you a clue?

So, you say that Mercury and Jupiter and Mars are not planets? Interesting.

Rather than looking at the evidence and coming to a rational conclusion, you assume a conclusion and try to cram the evidence to fit your pre-defined answer.
? So you are not doing the same thing when it comes to verses of the Qur'an? You're like poor comedy.
Um, no. The whole point of the Qur'an is to provide superstitious people with answers without any proof or evidence to support it. I, on the other hand, have looked at the physical universe and read everything I could about it and came to the natural conclusion that ToE is indeed the only theory that supports the evidence. The difference between us is that I choose to think. Thinking is always better than believing.

Allah is a myth that you cling to rather than embracing truth. This is the core of the conflict between your worldview and a reasonable one.
That's what you'd like to belive isn't it?

Unlike you, I do not follow the dictates of wishful thinking. Some things simply are. Other things simply are not. I choose to believe in things that are.

Last edited:

slave2six

Substitious
Allah specifically mentioned thrice, In the Torah, Bible and Qur'an that He created Adam (PBUH) as the first man. That doesn't sit well with Darwin fanatics.
So, the real choice is whether one is going to believe the physical universe in which we live or if one is going to believe the myth.

Again, because your book says that Allah created Adam as the first man, you are accepting a conclusion without evidence. This is why you are having trouble with this conversation because the evidence overwhelming disproves your book. This being the case, all that "guidance" is unreliable as well. No building can stand without foundations and the foundations of your faith are obviously wrong.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
It doesn't.
So why just dismiss the evidence for evolution?

Ok, so Adam was the first human male... I still don't see what the problem with evolution is?
I'm a biologist so I suppose that means to you that I'm a "Darwin fanatic"... after all I study evolution and use it...

But I'm also a person of faith and have no problems with evolution and biology. I'm always curious about what makes others so uncomfortable.

Peace be upon you.
And to you... we could all use more of it these days.

wa:do

Ghostaka

So why just dismiss the evidence for evolution?

Haven't done that either. I am saying that it doesn't give them an excuse to dismiss evidences such as the Qur'an.

Ok, so Adam was the first human male... I still don't see what the problem with evolution is?

Their type of evolution conflicts with yours.

I'm a biologist so I suppose that means to you that I'm a "Darwin fanatic"... after all I study evolution and use it...
But I'm also a person of faith and have no problems with evolution and biology. I'm always curious about what makes others so uncomfortable.

Neither do I, however I do have a problem with people claiming that God does not exist when our surroundings fit us too perfectly (to be a coincidence)

And to you... we could all use more of it these days.
Yes we could ;).

Peace be upon you.

Fatihah

So, the real choice is whether one is going to believe the physical universe in which we live or if one is going to believe the myth.

Again, because your book says that Allah created Adam as the first man, you are accepting a conclusion without evidence. This is why you are having trouble with this conversation because the evidence overwhelming disproves your book. This being the case, all that "guidance" is unreliable as well. No building can stand without foundations and the foundations of your faith are obviously wrong.

Response: And what evidence would that be?

OmarKhayyam

"Neither do I, however I do have a problem with people claiming that God does not exist when our surroundings fit us too perfectly (to be a coincidence) "

It is not a coincidence at all. If you actually knew something about ToE you would not make that ridiculous statement. We are the result of billions and billions of pass/fail tests in which the stakes were life or death; like every other species on this planet.

And it is not a perfect fit. Why are their malignant viruses, why a blind spot? What intelligence would have designed the knee? Without special arrangements we can live on only about 20% of this planet's surface.

All that is hardly a "prefect fit.":rolleyes:

Reactions: kai

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
god did not come from knowhere and no one, he has no creator, if he did he would not be god. he is in existence by himself, i on the other hand only know that which god has allowed for me to know. and it seems thats all i know.

The point is that you put God in as the explanation for everything, which sounds very simple, "Oh, well, God did it". The problem is then where did God come from. If God can do what you say he can do, he must be very complex in nature, so all you've done is push the explanation back. Now instead of explaining one complex thing, you have to explain another, and "God just is" is not an explanation.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Neither do I, however I do have a problem with people claiming that God does not exist when our surroundings fit us too perfectly (to be a coincidence)

No, they don't. We see our surroundings as fitting us perfectly because that's what natural selection does. It makes the lifeform fit the environment. God didn't have to create us to fit the environment, evolution does that.

Fatihah

No, they don't. We see our surroundings as fitting us perfectly because that's what natural selection does. It makes the lifeform fit the environment. God didn't have to create us to fit the environment, evolution does that.

Response: If that were the case, we wouldn't have animals in which some can live on land while others live in the sea. If you can evolve to fit the environment, we wouldn't have these distinctions.